“Probably One Of The Best Chinese Restaurants In Cincinnati” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #277 of 1,721 restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Chinese
Cincinnati, OH
“Probably One Of The Best Chinese Restaurants In Cincinnati”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

An interesting place serving the usual American Chinese food and also offering a unique Chinese menu. The Chinese menu is the draw. You'll probably notice a lot of Asian patrons - always a good sign! You just have to be a bit cautious when ordering from the Chinese menu because the food descriptions can be misleading and you can end up being surprised when the food arrives. Be sure to ask the waitress how the dish is prepared and served. One good choice is the twin lobsters for about $23. They are on the small side (about 1# each) and probably missing a claw but still a bargain. The restaurant is in a small strip mall on Rt 42 in Evendale. Average decor, full bar and friendly staff. We've been here several times and the only problem we had one night was the timing of the dishes. My entree came out right away but we had to wait several minutes for the other. We couldn't share because mine was ordered extra spicy and the other dish was bland. When you're sitting in a restaurant staring at your plate of food and waiting for the other dish to arrive a minute can seem like an hour! We go there several times a year because the food is so good.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

100% Recommend
South Fulton, Tennessee
“This is the best Chinese food I have found in a long time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I grew up in New York and finding good Chinese food there was never a challenge. But after moving to the Southeast many years ago the only Chinese food you find there is at buffet style restaurants and not very good. I travel frequently to my company's main office in Blue Ash and was introduced to Uncle Yip's by some coworkers. I have been hooked since the first time I had lunch there about a year ago. Each time I am in the area I make sure to stop in for lunch or dinner. Nothing fancy atmosphere wise but good Chinese food at very reasonable prices.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Excellent Dim Sum and Desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

If you are a fan of authentic Chinese Dim Sum, and are looking for something on the weekends, this is the place to be.
Great assortment of shumai, fish balls, and others. Not to mention, you are served from a cart as soon as you sit down - no menu, just the serving cart.
Desserts including mochi, Taro and coconut cake also make this a worthwhile destination.
Great spot.

• Visited October 2013
Roswell, Georgia, USA
“Real Deal Dim Sum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was traveling through Cincinnati and was looking for someplace interesting to eat at. A search turned up Uncle Yip's Seafood. I've had lots of dim sum, but this is truly one of the best. I had 8-10 different types, along with some great jasmine tea. My sweetheart and I tried pig intestine, tripe, shark fin dumplings, pork and shrimp shu mai, steamed beef wrapped in noodle, shrimp stuffed mushrooms, roast pork and sticky rice wrapped in banana leaf. The place was filled with Chinese, which is usually a good sign. The service was great, and I thought that for the price, it was a great value. There's also a menu full of items if you don't want to try the dim sum. Anyone close should give this wonderful restaurant a try. You won't be sorry.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati, Ohio
“So nice to know it's back and yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Uncle Yip's was a family staple for us when our kids were little. It moved up to Fairfield and too far to do a quick dinner or pick up. I recently heard it was back and as fabulous as ever, and so far we agree! The menu is very authentic (much is written in Chinese) and the options are endless. I love the chicken and eggplant in garlic sauce and the eggrolls are tasty and not oily. We did a carry-out this past Sunday night, which took a long time as we realized they were so busy with dim sum carts all over. I think we'll try that another time.

• Visited November 2011