““very enjoyable”” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Dayton, Ohio
““very enjoyable””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

it was a great price for a hotel within 5 minutes from coney island. The kids loved that hotel next to mcdonald's . The staff was very helpful and friendly and the gm was very good he help to take our luggage to room and he even give us restaurant coupon that was very nice thank you for that (henry).oh and good and clean room too when we come next time we will see you for sure

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mason County West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed there after booking through Expedia. Got a great rate of 45.00 but the room was not that great. It was ok but that nite I got scared, there was people hanging out in parking lot and the bolt thing that you can only lock from the inside was broken off !! I probley will never stay there again. The girl at the front desk was very nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Sena was amazing and Jamie, in training, was very enthusiastic when I checked in. I felt very welcome, and it took no time to serve me once they dealt with the customer in front of me. Very efficient, great price, and friendly personable staff! I really just needed a clean and comfortable place to stay that was not too expensive and this fit the bill!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I do hate to post a negative review of a business but after an experience such as this, I feel that I need to. Before going to bed I noticed what looked like a pile of dirt in the underneath shelf of the night stand. The next morning, as i was getting ready (after I slept there for the night) I witnessed a bed bug (confirmed by googling pics of bed bugs) running across my mattress sheet, where i was laying ten minutes prior. I killed the bug, then checked out of the hotel, forgoing my next night's reservation. The response from the front desk girl concerning the bed bug was her asking me if i was sure of what i saw, because she rents that particular room often to others. Then, she proceeded to charge my credit card for the night's stay and apologize. I let her know that the dead bed bug was still on the bed for their verification.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofInnBeechmont, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Cincinnati East-Beechmont, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to say I am sorry to you and your family. I wish I could turn back the clock and undo all that happened. If I could, this would have not happened.
I sincerely hope you and your family can forgive us. We have an existing contract with a local pest control company and our Inn does receive regularly scheduled service. I am not sure how this happened, but please know that we are remedying the situation immediately.
I accept full responsibility and I know nothing I can say will justify what happened to you and your family. While I cannot undo what has happened, I can learn from it and make sure it never happens again.
I am contacting my pest control company today to have them service this room.
GM, Henry
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Red Roof is usually my go-to chain for hotel stays, and I have stayed at this location a number of times in the past and always been pleased. Unfortunately, something has happened, and judging from the other reviews things have not improved since my stay in May. The first room I went in had the lights above the beds ripped out of the walls, one dangling by its cord above the bed. The second room had not been cleaned yet (this was about 6pm) and its door, as well as the doors of several other rooms nearby, was standing open though no one was around. The third room was not great but better than the others so I decided not to push my luck and ignore the comparatively small flaws and the old charcoal grill sitting outside my door. I noticed quickly that the light above the sink did not work, so I called the front desk. Although I called again about an hour later to say I was going to dinner in about 1/2 hour and I preferred they not come in my room while I was gone, no one came - so I loaded all my things back into the car and stopped at the front desk to tell them they could come in to fix it. Still no one ever came. The room was not particularly clean either, one of the pillows was just a wad of batting in a pillowcase, there was a whole laundry list of room problems, and sketchy clientele as others have said. One lady at the front desk did try to help, but she didn't have much to work with, which wasn't her fault. In the end I did get $10 off my room, which was not nearly enough to make up for the poor service (with the exception of the one person) and subpar quality of not one but three rooms. I am sad that I will not be staying here again, as I come to the area several times a year and it is difficult to find a hotel that will accept pets without charging an arm and a leg. After this experience, though, I will grudgingly pay double the price to stay at the Holiday Inn one exit north.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Pet Lover,

We are sorry we fell short of our goal to provide a clean and comfortable room. We love our guests and are as you mentioned pet friendly. I will not make excuses, but will say again how sorry I am that your room was not clean and up to RRI standards. I will review your letter with my housekeeping staff and make sure we take preventative measure to improve in the future. I know you mentioned you would not stay at my Inn again, but I ask you to please call me at 513-528-2741ext. 103 when you are in my area again so I can speak to you. I would like the opportunity to win your confidence and business back to my RRI.

GM, Henry
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I want to first stress that the woman at the front desk (I didn't see her name, a young blonde woman) was friendly and helpful whenever we had to contact her. And we had several reasons to contact her over the 4 nights we spent here.

The worst of it was the clientele there. I realize that management isn't responsible for who stays here, but they ultimately are for their behavior. One group of males were very loud, shouting to friends below in the parking lot, from midnight to 2 am, every night we were there.

Trash was tossed around the walkway, stairways, and sidewalks. It was not removed daily.

Housekeeping was far below par. There were three of us registered, and we were left at most two sets of towels, sometimes not full sets. We never got a clean bath mat. One day our beds were not made. Another day we were in the room for about an hour between 9 am and 8 pm, housekeeping came while we were there around 2 pm. We asked them to please come back in a little while - they never did.

Random irritations included no information on the phone (how to contact front desk, make local calls, etc) - in fact, no information at all about the hotel, how to connect to wifi, etc. I found bugs, both dead and alive, in the room. One bed had no blanket and just one pillow.

Some pluses - the wifi was free and worked well, they did have several connections available to cover the motel well, the bed was comfortable and sheets were clean (the first day - they were never changed).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Desk lamp did not work. Alarm clock did not work. Beds not made after the first night. Non-smoking room with a heavy smell of smoke and chemicals. Ashtray in non-smoking room? Daughter found a part of a used bandaid in her bed. 8 guys hanging off second floor drinking and calling out to the women when we checked in.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
RedRoofInnBeechmont, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Cincinnati East-Beechmont, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I assure you that we care about your feedback and will take corrective measures to your room. I had our maintenance GSR, repair the lamp and alarm clock. I spoke with my housekeeping staff and reviewed your comments with them. I also reviewed the proper bed making procedures with them. I will continue to inspect their work to ensure that our rooms are clean and smell fresh daily.

Hotel Manager

Been to Red Roof Inn - Cincinnati East-Beechmont? Share your experiences!