“Older facility with questionable clientele and smokey rooms” 1 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn - Cincinnati East-Beechmont
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4035 Mount Carmel Tobasco, Cincinnati, OH 45255   |
Ranked #40 of 48 hotels in Cincinnati
Mansfield, Ohio, United States
“Older facility with questionable clientele and smokey rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

This was a very old and unclean facility. Had asked for non-smoking room and first room had strong of chemical fresher trying to mask the smell of smoke...room had an ashtray in it! So much for a non-smoking room. Tried another room, not quite as bad, but not good. We changed hotels. No matter how cheap the cost, this hotel is not worth the savings. Questionable people in parking lot screaming obscenities and noted police driving thru the parking lot. Just not a nice facility nor a recommended place to stay.

Room Tip: Not recommended.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
RedRoofInnBeechmont, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Cincinnati East-Beechmont, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Stacy,

Thank you for feedback and comments. We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am sorry we fell short of our goal which is a clean, comfortable place at a great value. Please know that I have reviewed your comments with my staff and we will act appropriately and as needed. I have also followed up with our staff on the odor of your room and why they placed an ashtray in a NS room (we should be treating the room for odors as well as not placing an ashtray in the room). Again, thank you for your comments. They are greatly appreciated.

If you will ever be in our area again, please feel free to give me a call at 513-528-2741 ext. 103

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

This is the best hotel clean nice room front deck was just best and Henry manager just best

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Jeanie,

Wow…thank you for the great compliment! The staff and I work hard to provide great service and value. I am glad our efforts are showing and paying off. We appreciate your business and hope that you will return in the near future.

Wyandotte, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Recent trip that was booked over a year in advance for hs students. Alot or rooms were uncleaned when kids checked in(and it was after 7pm). Their housing some people from a recent tornado and its very slummy. Police presence thru parking lot was frequent. Our room had holes in bathroom door and smelt of smoke and pet odors. Shower was moldy in our room as well as many of the kids rooms. Burn holes in our comforter. On the Sat eve of stay, the police had arrested a drug dealer in one of the rooms on backside of hotel. The gas station had asked my wife where were we staying, and when she told the clerk Red Roof. He said, "so sorry and make sure you lock your doors very well like putting furniture in fromt of doors." According to a Red Roof spokesman, when we called. Said the hotel recently was bought by an independent franchise owner and they were looking into many recent complaints! So stay here at your own risk!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
You are correct we had a severe storm/tornado come through our area and many business and homes were damaged beyond repair. We had a housing community not too far from our Inn were it was totally destroyed. We volunteered to assist them with temporary housing until their homes have been repaired. Most of our guests have already started moving back into their homes which are happy for them. I have reviewed your comments with my staff and we will take action to make sure we walk them Inn frequently to ensure the safety and security of our guests.
As for the room condition I apologize. There is no excuse for a room that is not clean and in good working order. I will be working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure your room is deep cleaned and reviewed for any maintenance problems.

Again, we sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. Your opinion means a great deal to us. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your concerns, it's very much appreciated.

Greenfield, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

The Hotel was clean and maintained. Sena Bowles- Boothby behind the front desk is very helpful and friendly. She see's to it that her guests have what they need. I would stay at their facility again and would recommend it to anyone passing thru.

Room Tip: I would recommend their large king size room. They have a separate area for computer work and the be...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive comments. Its very much appreciated. I will make sure Sena reads this review as I know she will be excited to know her hardwork is being recognized by our guest. Again, we strive to provide a clean comfortable room as a great value.

See you next time!

Marion, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Pros: Sena at the front desk was helpful
Location is very good- easy to find
We have stayed in many Red Roof Inns we had 2 king non-smoking rooms
price was $65/night

Cons: this by far was the worst Red Roof Inn our front door was missing screws
mattress cover had stains
shower curtain looked like someone had blown their nose on it (gross)
thin walls we could hear the people next door talking
carpets needed a good cleaning lots of stains
in our sons room they found ants and trash in the room

with some clean up and maintance this could be a very good valve

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Marion, OH:

We appreciate your comments and take them very seriously. I have a new maintenance GSR, Shawn that is currently doing a great job so I will make sure I review your comments with him immediately. As for the room condition, we have had all our guestroom carpets professional cleaned, we installed new AC’s (in some rooms) and new TV remotes. Thank you for the positive comments about Sena. I will make sure to share them with her.

We will continue to add and updated other things at the Inn in order to improve the guest overall experience. I hope that you will give us another try in the future. If yes, please contact me at 513-528-2741 ext. 103.

us
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stayed 2 nights, it was quiet, clean, and beds were comfy. The people at the front desk got us extra towels and coffee ( very friendly).
We asked for a refrigerater and they didn't have any extras. :(
I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012 via mobile

I was at this hotel for a week on business and I must say the service from the woman at the front desk (Sena) was excellent. I had a towel rack loose in my bathroom and within 15min maintenance had came and fixed it. I will stay at this hotel whenever im in town.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Red Roof Inn - Cincinnati East-Beechmont? Share your experiences!