“Clean, comfortable suites with pleasant, accomodating staff"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5900 East Galbraith Road, Cincinnati, OH 45236 (Formerly Hannaford Suites Hotel Cincinnati)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rhode Island
“Clean, comfortable suites with pleasant, accomodating staff"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

My wife attended a conference in the Kenwood area of Cincinnati this past weekend and we stayed at the Hannaford Suites. The hotel is designed for "extended stays" and I will try to focus my review on its functionality. Our suite had a small kitchen area with a full size refrigerator, small sink and two burner stove top. The kitchen counter partially separated the kitchen area from the living area and was designed to permit one person to sit at the counter to eat. The living area consisted of a pull out couch, coffee table and chair that was also used for eating at the counter. The TV was in an armoire that also contained several drawers. The bedroom contained a king size bed that was fairly comfortable as well as a second TV armoire with drawer space. There was a desk and chair in the bedroom which I found somewhat odd since it was next to the bathroom door, away from the window with poor lighting. There was a large closet (with ironing board and iron) in the bedroom. The bathroom was fairly new with good ventilation, but was somewhat small. The overall condition of the suite was very good. The carpet was clean and in good repair as was all of the furniture. There is no daily housekeeping service and if you need towels, additional toilet paper etc, you need to get it from the front desk but remember it is an extended stay facility and not a luxury resort. The hotel provides free wireless internet that while a little slow was adequate. Rooms on the side of the hotel where our room was located face a highway and if you are not used to some noise at night might be a problem and I would recommend asking for a room facing the parking lot.

The hotel also provides free continental breakfast with an omelette station. We tried the breakfast once, and while it was convenient I wouldn't recommend it. The bagels were "wet" as if recently defrosted and the omlette was made with what appeared to be egg beaters. The cook did a good job ( and apparently has other functions at the hotel as well as he was seen sweeping the parking lot), but the flavor was lacking and the omlette a little runny. The exercise room was functional and had a weight machine, free weights, elliptical trainer, exercise bike and treadmill. There is a TV in the room as well. Towels were provided, however, if you want water to drink make sure you bring money for the vending machine. The hotel staff we encountered were courteous, friendly and very helpful. Our overall experience at the hotel was positive.

The Hotel is across the road from the Kenwood Town Center Mall which is very big and contains many quality stores and restaurants. There are numerous restaurants in the area which range from chain restaurants such as Outback and Red Lobster to fine dinning such as Carlo and Johnny which serves wonderful seafood and prime steaks and I highly recommend it.

If traveling in the area the Hannaford Suites is an excellent choice and a good value.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

Okay so we stayed here for about a week and everything seemed great at first. The staff was super nice (though one night shift girl hassled us about renewing our key card because she didn't recognize us), the room was contemporary and spacious, and the kitchenette was well maintained and unobtrusive. I will say that the placement of the TV was odd at best and the furniture layout was not conducive to making any use of it. The first night we were there my fiancee noticed something on my pillow - a single black ant. I can forgive that because it's possible that one of us brought it in from sitting outside the hotel. What I found three days later on the floor outside the bathroom was inexcusable. There were between 20-50 ants in a pile on what appeared to be nothing on the carpet right next to the bed. I couldn't sleep in the bed after that and had nervous itching for four days. I can't recommend the Hannaford because of this. Great service/location/rooms aside.

• Stayed March 2009
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2009

I don’t like staying at non brand hotels but my secretary booked this hotel for me. All I can say is wow. My suite was very clean and it was bigger than most embassy suites that I stay at. The chef made my omelet and dropped it off at my table, unlike just standing around until it is made like other places. I couldn’t believe that this place also has a happy hour with complimentary drinks. The employees go out of their way to provide excellent service. While I was out there it started to snow, I was going to walk down to the mall maybe a 10 min walk but when the manager herd my plan she insisted that she will drop me off in her 4wheel drive. As a person in the service area, I was really impressed with the way this hotel caters to the guests; they go above and beyond the call of duty. I highly recommend this hotel the service is top notch and price is reasonable

• Liked — breakfast and happy hour
  • Disliked — no indoor pool
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ft Myers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2008

The Hannaford is an awesome hotel. They have a great location which is close to the mall and tons of restaurants. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I had no complaints about our room, it was perfect. Only down fall was no indoor pool or spa! If i travel to cincinnati again I will stay here for sure!

• Liked — Large rooms and a great staff- you dont get that anymore these days!!
  • Disliked — No indoor pool
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

This hotel is great.The room and the bedding was exceptionally clean We stayed two nights while visiting cincinnati...The friendly staff made our stay very pleasant. The omelet addition to breakfast was a good idea.The kenwood mall across the street and a equesite choice of restaurants nearby was very convient. We will definately stay at the Hannaford agian.

Stayed July 2008
lisa2travel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

This is my second time staying at the hannaford. Loved the omelet bar which i believe they didn't have the last time i was here. The rooms are spacious and have a great fitness room. But overall its next to the mall so I love it!!!!!

• Stayed September 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Charleston WV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

The Hannaford had some good points, and I'll list them first. It was clean, and in a quiet part of town. It was next to a nice shopping mall. It had plenty of free parking. The hotel was tastefully decorated and smelled good. The wi-fi was free and fast. The complimentary breakfast was good, and features made-to-order omelettes. The bedding was comfortable and clean.

The bad points were as follows: There was only one ice machine for all three floors. The single elevator was slow. The room we booked as a suite was not really a suite as the sleeping area was not separated from the living area by anything other than floor space. The "gift shop" was a vending machine with disposable razors and laundry detergent in it.

Now the weird points: (Read only if you believe in spooks. . .)

The Hannaford was creepy. I have stayed in a lot of hotels. No previous hotel rivaled the Hannaford for rustling, banging, creaking, thumping spooky noises. All night long. Occasionally I even heard what sounded like screaming. And more than once it sounded like something or someone was brushing up against our carefully locked door. I'd look out the peephole and nothing human was there. In addition, there was something indefineably creepy about some of the employees. And no, I am not exaggerating. Maybe I've read too many Stephen King novels, but even my travelling companion, not a King reader, commented the Hannaford reminded her of The Overlook.

Fortunately, it had no topiary animals.

• Liked — clean and it smelled good
  • Disliked — It reminded me of The Overlook Hotel in "The Shining"
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!