“Disappointed, un-professionally run, lack of service, unclean rooms.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5900 East Galbraith Road, Cincinnati, OH 45236 (Formerly Hannaford Suites Hotel Cincinnati)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #7 of 48 hotels in Cincinnati
“Disappointed, un-professionally run, lack of service, unclean rooms.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

From day on of our stay they put us in an unfinished room without a shower curtain and curtains on the windows. After the second day they decided not to clean our room, replace our towels, refill coffee supplies, etc. We called front desk twice for them to clean our room and they said they would but never did. Front desk called back and told us they would send maid service to our room while we were gone and again they never showed up. Breakfast in the morning was lack luster and they didn't have juice when we went down there, but at least they had coffee, no hot foods, just cerial and muffins. The pool was outside and across the parking lot where we were being watched by neighboring apartments. Probably poor management and communication secondary to skimping employees, and cutting costs by keeping maid service from cleaning rooms. We booked this room after reading reviews on trip advisor however I would not recommend this hotel as there has to be better options in the area.

• Stayed July 2013

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Would definitely stay here again! Clean, spacious rooms, comfy king sized bed, and friendly, accommodating staff! Perfect for a few nights stay! Nice pool and exercise areas also! Fresh omelette for breakfast. Huge mall and plenty of dining fairly close by too!

• Stayed July 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on June 21st. This was a wonderful hotel! Beautiful nice sized suites with a kitchenette. Comfortable bed and the breakfast is called continental but also included is made to order omelets or eggs cooked anyway you want them. We only stayed one night and enjoyed it. Would highly recommend it. The only downsize if I had one is when looking for the hotel at night, it's hard to see because the hotel sits back aways from the main road and the hotel signage was not visable. Another plus is it is right across the street from a big mall. We will definitely stay here again if in Cincinnati.

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed here from June 28th to July 2nd. When we first pulled up to the hotel, the exterior looked very nice and clean. Its near a mall, numerous large chain restaurants and other places to kill time. We stayed to visit King's Island, which was about 15 minutes by highway with little to no traffic.

When we first checked in, the party prior to us was arguing with the front desk staff. Not exactly sure what was wrong, but it was awkward and very uncomfortable. The front desk staff literally was arguing with their guests about their reservation. Our check in was quick and painless, a quick elevator ride up to the 4th floor and into our room.

We had a king suite. It wasn't bad. High ceilings which made the room feel much bigger. Had a leather love seat with a 32-37" tv wall mounted in the sitting area, a coffee table, office chair tucked into a kitchen counter, kitchen sink, refrigerator, microwave, cabinets with toaster, pots, pans, dishes, silverware, kitchen basics.

Bedroom had another flat screen tv, dresser, desk, very comfortable king sized bed, lamps, ironing board, laundry basket in the closet. Bathroom was again, very typical with the expected toiletries.

The Good:
Bed was amazing. Pillows were amazing. You get that spectacular feeling when you lay in a hotel bed, with all white linens. The sun rises on the back side of the hotel and the drapes were sun blocking. The windows were 3 paned glass to drown out most of the noise from the highway. The extra hangers in the closet and laundry basket was a nice added touch as I prefer to hang up most of my clothes. There is the Kenwood Towne Centre across the road from the hotel which has several nice, high end stores, including an Apple and Microsoft store. Within walking distance is a Red Lobster, Outback, Sunoco, TGI Friday's and several other places to eat. The breakfast served was pretty good. Nothing spectacular, they do offer an omelet bar where you can have an omelet made for free with ham, bacon, cheese, mushrooms and/or tomatoes. Coffee was fresh and plentiful. They also offer a make your own waffle area, orange and apple juice with a variety of bread and yogurt items.

The Bad:
The front office staff were horrible. One girl specifically was outright embarrassing. She was younger with a foreign accent, but I don't recall her name. She was the one who argued with the group that checked in right before us. While spending the day at King's Island, we came back to our toilet being clogged. We called down to the front desk who said she'd bring up a plunger. They then called to say they couldn't find the plunger and they were sorry. We were offered the bathroom on the first floor next to the entryway, not a different room. Keep in mind, this was 10:30 pm -ish. We weren't about ready to go up and down the elevator after being at the amusement park all day to go back and forth to a restroom. They were however able to find us a plunger roughly an hour later. Considering we weren't in our rooms all day, I'm not quite sure who or what caused the blockage. It was pretty grossed and I wasn't pleased to be plunging a toilet in a room we weren't in all day. We had a crisis to handle while traveling to the amusement park. We were without our car keys. We had a spare key sent to us by FedEx overnight to the hotel. We were told the package would arrive by 10:30 am. Mind you, this set back left us without a car. We were stuck at the hotel for an extra day and we were beyond ready to leave and go back home.10:30 came and went. I called the front desk to inquire about our package and was told by the girl with the accent that there was nothing there for us by name or room number. She also informed me FedEx typically didn't show up until around noon. We called FedEx about to go to war when we were informed by FedEx that it had indeed been delivered. In fact, it was there for 90 minutes already. We went downstairs in absolute disbelief, only to find yes, our envelope with the spare key was sitting there right behind this girl. Our names and room number was both clearly listed on BOTH labels. No apology, just a look like it was my fault for interrupting her and her cellphone. The carpet in our room was coming up in the center of the room. Hard to explain, but it was buckled, too much slack and it bunched up in the center. The highway noise was louder at night. The air condition couldn't direct air flow correctly. More cool air was being directed into the sitting area where we spent a total of 5 minutes, than in the bedroom where we spent most of our time while in the room. We had to have numerous calls transferred to our room as our cellphones were also stolen while at the park. We received about 1 out of 5 of our calls. Here are exact emails we received concerning calls being sent to our room. "I attempted to call you back at the phone number you provided, (513)587-3878, and the person that answered did not understand what I was asking and said I had the wrong number." A second email said "The people at the front desk must have no idea what I am talking about when I call and ask for either you or your room number!" We also had family members say they were unable to reach us, as well as the local police mention difficulty contacting us while at the hotel.

Final Thoughts:
Overall, the place is ok, if you don't mind all the faults. If you have no issues, have patience, can put up with things easily, this place will probably be good for you. For those thinking this is a good place to "vacation", you will be disappointed. There are plenty of other places to stay and we will be staying some place else the next time we are in town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here with 3 of my friends, one night. I didn't make the booking - the friend who did was disappointed that the 'suite' was really just a small area with a sink/fridge/microwave, and then a couch with a pullout inside. I didn't really have any expectations so it was fine - but if you are looking for a bigger room and enhanced amenities in the room, you may be disappointed. This is very standard.

Check-in was cheerful, and they had delicious warm, gooey chocolate chip cookies at the counter upon our arrival (they were gone the next morning, I guess it's for check in only).

Room was very clean. One of my friends is terrified of bed bugs and did an exhaustive check - our room and beds appeared clean. The beds (2 queens) were very comfy and I slept well. I note that other reviews are critical of the hard pillows - I prefer this type, but I recognize they aren't for everyone. You might want to bring your own if it's an issue as I'm not sure the hotel has a stash of softer pillows for those who ask for them.

The bathroom was also clean, including the tub. The windows didn't open but the A/C unit in the window was fine to keep air moving and keep things cool.

They have an outdoor pool that isn't heated. It was cooler and rainy the morning that we woke up (and thought of a swim) but it was too chilly.

We didn't have breakfast but it sounds like it's popular and it smelled great. It's included, as is parking for one vehicle (which I don't think they really monitor).

It's away from the downtown but it's close to a big mall and the price is great. If you don't need to be downtown this would be a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Muncie, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

For a family with 5-6 people, the 2 BR Queen with sofa bed was perfect. It had a kitchenette area that included a small fridge,microwave,sink and a few dishes. The room was very clean, beds were some of best I've slept on(pillow top), nice breakfast area (made to order omelets). The outdoor pool was across the parking lot, not very convenient for kids or adults not wanting to cross a blacktop parking lot before or after a swim. All staff personnel I encountered was very nice and polite. I usually don't stay at many Best Westerns, but I will return to this one in the future

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

i had to go to a party in bath ohio this hotel was great i was on the 3 floor i love my room i stayed 1 night i love there coffee love the food you shuld come here my kia toke a long drive to bath this is a nice hotel

• Stayed June 2013

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!