“A Back's Worst Nightmare!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5900 East Galbraith Road, Cincinnati, OH 45236 (Formerly Hannaford Suites Hotel Cincinnati)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
“A Back's Worst Nightmare!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

The mattresses were springy, the pillows were hard and flat, and the office chair pushed your body forward. Thankfully, we travel with a fold-out mat for one of the kids to sleep on the floor. Hubby was able to take that rather than risk having his back go out from the springy mattress. However, paying $130+ for a room and sleeping on the floor means we will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This place is so nice and I would tell everyone to come here!!! The room I stayed in was so nice and very spacious it just all together was a wonderful experience for me and my family!! Thank you hannaford staff for all your great hospitality!

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I've come back to cincinnati once again and enjoyed this wonderful hotel! Thank you to the staff at hannaford suites for making my stay wonderful!! When I walked thru the door they again greeted me by first name! The front desk clerk also helped me carry my luggage in ! Woke up and went downstairs to freshly made omelets.

• Stayed February 2013
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

If you are like us, one of the most important aspects of a hotel stay is how the staff deals with and accommodates our requests. We spent just one night at the Hannaford, and a late night it was, so breakfast didn't come as early as usual. In fact, it came at the very end of the breakfast buffet. Cassie was on duty at the desk and went above and beyond the call of duty to see to it that we got what we wanted, all the while running the front desk and cleaning up the breakfast bar. When we need a room in Cinci, the Hannaford will be our first option, because of Cassie.
The room was clean and had plenty of plush towels and a comfortable bed. Also, we made a last minute reservation that was after the special rate period for the event that was using the Hannaford as the event hotel, yet the person at the desk gave us the event special rate. We appreciated this.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

The room was an average studio apartment style. Realativley clean but run down. Workout room was small, ill equipped and a little creepy. Food was mediocre. Happy hour was a joke. Front desk employes were rude.

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Everytime I travel home to cincinnnati I stay at the hannaford. They make me feel right at home. There is always someone kind waiting at the front desk to greet me. I also enjoy that they have a private computer room setup like an office so I can take care of business while traveling. The rooms are very clean and cozy. The staff is amazing and know me by my first name. This is the only hotel in Kenwood,but even if there were others I would always choose the Hannaford.

• Stayed December 2012
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Driving up to it (and by looking at the pictures online) you quickly realize this was a Hampton Inn and Suites in its previous life. It seems to thrive on long term rentals, so just keep that in mind. I was staying there for one night on business. It met my need for a clean bed, but I was on the side facing the highway, so there was quite a bit of noise all night long. I did forego the omelet breakfast, but it seemed quite popular.

If I was in the area for leisure, I would look otherwise. However, when traveling on business, you may not always have a choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the highway.