“Super Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5900 East Galbraith Road, Cincinnati, OH 45236 (Formerly Hannaford Suites Hotel Cincinnati)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Indianapolis
“Super Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

If you are like us, one of the most important aspects of a hotel stay is how the staff deals with and accommodates our requests. We spent just one night at the Hannaford, and a late night it was, so breakfast didn't come as early as usual. In fact, it came at the very end of the breakfast buffet. Cassie was on duty at the desk and went above and beyond the call of duty to see to it that we got what we wanted, all the while running the front desk and cleaning up the breakfast bar. When we need a room in Cinci, the Hannaford will be our first option, because of Cassie.
The room was clean and had plenty of plush towels and a comfortable bed. Also, we made a last minute reservation that was after the special rate period for the event that was using the Hannaford as the event hotel, yet the person at the desk gave us the event special rate. We appreciated this.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

The room was an average studio apartment style. Realativley clean but run down. Workout room was small, ill equipped and a little creepy. Food was mediocre. Happy hour was a joke. Front desk employes were rude.

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Everytime I travel home to cincinnnati I stay at the hannaford. They make me feel right at home. There is always someone kind waiting at the front desk to greet me. I also enjoy that they have a private computer room setup like an office so I can take care of business while traveling. The rooms are very clean and cozy. The staff is amazing and know me by my first name. This is the only hotel in Kenwood,but even if there were others I would always choose the Hannaford.

• Stayed December 2012
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Driving up to it (and by looking at the pictures online) you quickly realize this was a Hampton Inn and Suites in its previous life. It seems to thrive on long term rentals, so just keep that in mind. I was staying there for one night on business. It met my need for a clean bed, but I was on the side facing the highway, so there was quite a bit of noise all night long. I did forego the omelet breakfast, but it seemed quite popular.

If I was in the area for leisure, I would look otherwise. However, when traveling on business, you may not always have a choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the highway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during my father in laws surgery at the Jewish Hospital. The hotel is lovely. The staff is very friendly. I made my reservation online but did not know at the time of booking that the hotels offers a discount if you or a family member is a patient at the Jewish Hospital. I tried to cancel the hotel reservation online but it was to late for me to do so, but when I checked into the hotel the front desk agent gave me the discount. Make sure you call the hotel directly to book your room if you are staying for the hospital!!! The rooms are big, the bed are very comfortable. They are in the process of remodeling all the rooms, but at NO time did any of the construction hinder my stay!! My inlaws room did not have an updated furnace unit so they had some trouble keeping the room comfortable - the furnace would run to warm even on the lowest setting - so be sure to ask for a room with a new furnace. The hotel is also located across from the Kenwood Mall - very convient if want to do some shopping. The breakfast was good - great variety of items. It is nothing fancy though so if you are expecting that go to a local restaurant. Its free so I didn't complain!!! - They offer a happy hour with snacks every evening. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in this area.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask to have a room away from I71 traffic. Also ask for a room with a up...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Waltham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife stayed here the middle of October for a wedding in the area and were satisfied but not too impressed. The room was clean, the bed felt old and whe we asked the young woman at the desk about it she said, "they are meant to feel that way." Two nights was approx $400 and the breakfast was served on PAPER PLATES-Really!!! Please get a dishwasher and real plates.
We'll come back but will request not to stay in room 104.

Room Tip: Don't sleep on the 1st floor, too loud!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times over the last year. The hotel is privately run and is in better condition than most I have been at, with good linens, furniture and beds. As others have noted, it is in a very convenient location in the Kenwood area.

Having said that, the breakfast/Happy Hour here are poor and cost them a star. Breakfast is typical bulk-mix concentrated fruit juices, single-serving cereal, vending machine pastries, a waffle machine and bagels. They are frequently out of items (juice, milk, waffle batter) and the staff responsible for restocking the area/cooking are foreign, surly and indifferent when you ask them for anything.

The "Happy Hour" consists of a single party sized bowl of potato chips or pretzels and a single dessert-bowl sized bowl of salsa for everyone, along with a single 10 oz. plastic cup of Light beer per guest. I have never seen the bowls refilled after going empty and after the 2nd visit, have given up completely on Happy Hour.

Overall, this is a better-than-average hotel that could be great if they didn't cheap-out on the food.

Room Tip: The hotel is directly next to I-71, so if you are sensitive to road noise, you'll want to reques...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!