“Felt right at home.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5900 East Galbraith Road, Cincinnati, OH 45236 (Formerly Hannaford Suites Hotel Cincinnati)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
“Felt right at home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Everytime I travel home to cincinnnati I stay at the hannaford. They make me feel right at home. There is always someone kind waiting at the front desk to greet me. I also enjoy that they have a private computer room setup like an office so I can take care of business while traveling. The rooms are very clean and cozy. The staff is amazing and know me by my first name. This is the only hotel in Kenwood,but even if there were others I would always choose the Hannaford.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Driving up to it (and by looking at the pictures online) you quickly realize this was a Hampton Inn and Suites in its previous life. It seems to thrive on long term rentals, so just keep that in mind. I was staying there for one night on business. It met my need for a clean bed, but I was on the side facing the highway, so there was quite a bit of noise all night long. I did forego the omelet breakfast, but it seemed quite popular.

If I was in the area for leisure, I would look otherwise. However, when traveling on business, you may not always have a choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the highway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during my father in laws surgery at the Jewish Hospital. The hotel is lovely. The staff is very friendly. I made my reservation online but did not know at the time of booking that the hotels offers a discount if you or a family member is a patient at the Jewish Hospital. I tried to cancel the hotel reservation online but it was to late for me to do so, but when I checked into the hotel the front desk agent gave me the discount. Make sure you call the hotel directly to book your room if you are staying for the hospital!!! The rooms are big, the bed are very comfortable. They are in the process of remodeling all the rooms, but at NO time did any of the construction hinder my stay!! My inlaws room did not have an updated furnace unit so they had some trouble keeping the room comfortable - the furnace would run to warm even on the lowest setting - so be sure to ask for a room with a new furnace. The hotel is also located across from the Kenwood Mall - very convient if want to do some shopping. The breakfast was good - great variety of items. It is nothing fancy though so if you are expecting that go to a local restaurant. Its free so I didn't complain!!! - They offer a happy hour with snacks every evening. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in this area.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask to have a room away from I71 traffic. Also ask for a room with a up...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Waltham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife stayed here the middle of October for a wedding in the area and were satisfied but not too impressed. The room was clean, the bed felt old and whe we asked the young woman at the desk about it she said, "they are meant to feel that way." Two nights was approx $400 and the breakfast was served on PAPER PLATES-Really!!! Please get a dishwasher and real plates.
We'll come back but will request not to stay in room 104.

Room Tip: Don't sleep on the 1st floor, too loud!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times over the last year. The hotel is privately run and is in better condition than most I have been at, with good linens, furniture and beds. As others have noted, it is in a very convenient location in the Kenwood area.

Having said that, the breakfast/Happy Hour here are poor and cost them a star. Breakfast is typical bulk-mix concentrated fruit juices, single-serving cereal, vending machine pastries, a waffle machine and bagels. They are frequently out of items (juice, milk, waffle batter) and the staff responsible for restocking the area/cooking are foreign, surly and indifferent when you ask them for anything.

The "Happy Hour" consists of a single party sized bowl of potato chips or pretzels and a single dessert-bowl sized bowl of salsa for everyone, along with a single 10 oz. plastic cup of Light beer per guest. I have never seen the bowls refilled after going empty and after the 2nd visit, have given up completely on Happy Hour.

Overall, this is a better-than-average hotel that could be great if they didn't cheap-out on the food.

Room Tip: The hotel is directly next to I-71, so if you are sensitive to road noise, you'll want to reques...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Maple Grove, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a business trip in late October, 2012. I arrived late on a Sunday night to find a sign waiting for me saying that the desk clerk was away and would return shortly. It turned out she was just in the breakfast area watching Walking Dead on the TV and was able to check me in quickly. She was quite friendly and was able to direct me to open restaurants in the area.

I was given a first floor room, which I don't think was used very much. It had a staleness about it and the previous guests left a comment card on the counter dated from early September. I found the room to be generally clean, but with specs of dust or dirt on the bathroom floor and hair that clearly wasn't mine in the bathroom sink.

Since I was only there for one night, my primary concerns were "did the TVs work?" and "was the bed comfortable?" The answer to both of those questions was "yes." The TVs were both great for Sunday night football in high def and I slept very soundly in the bed.

Breakfast started at 6:30am, but as noted elsewhere, the omelet station did not start until 7am. I came down right at 7am and was first in line. By 7:15 the line was very lengthy and the breakfast area was packed. Beyond the omelet, coffee, and juice, the breakfast area was not much to speak of. There were boxes of cereal, some stale looking breads, some packaged rolls, and a waffle maker. I was hoping for fresh fruit and possibly a pastry or donut from a local establishment, and I was out of luck. The pastries were packaged and didn't look so good.

Overall, I would characterize this place as "fine." The location is definitely wonderful, very close to the mall and the surrounding shopping. If you don't require much from a hotel, this could be the place for you.

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms facing the freeway. I also don't like a first floor room, but this one was...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. It is located in a great area- close to the mall, restaurants, stores, and the highway. The staff were really nice and helped with anything I needed. They told me when I arrived that they clean the room only once a week and that if I wanted more than that then I should tell them. I did not ask them to clean but I would have preferred that they had emptied the garbage cans. Also on the last night a big group arrived and when I went down for breakfast in the morning there was nowhere to sit. Maybe they could have arranged specific hours for the group to eat and then notify the other guests when it's best to come for breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are better since there is only one elevator and it is slow
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!