“Slightly Better Than A Converted Hampton Inn” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5900 East Galbraith Road, Cincinnati, OH 45236 (Formerly Hannaford Suites Hotel Cincinnati)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Slightly Better Than A Converted Hampton Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a business trip in late October, 2012. I arrived late on a Sunday night to find a sign waiting for me saying that the desk clerk was away and would return shortly. It turned out she was just in the breakfast area watching Walking Dead on the TV and was able to check me in quickly. She was quite friendly and was able to direct me to open restaurants in the area.

I was given a first floor room, which I don't think was used very much. It had a staleness about it and the previous guests left a comment card on the counter dated from early September. I found the room to be generally clean, but with specs of dust or dirt on the bathroom floor and hair that clearly wasn't mine in the bathroom sink.

Since I was only there for one night, my primary concerns were "did the TVs work?" and "was the bed comfortable?" The answer to both of those questions was "yes." The TVs were both great for Sunday night football in high def and I slept very soundly in the bed.

Breakfast started at 6:30am, but as noted elsewhere, the omelet station did not start until 7am. I came down right at 7am and was first in line. By 7:15 the line was very lengthy and the breakfast area was packed. Beyond the omelet, coffee, and juice, the breakfast area was not much to speak of. There were boxes of cereal, some stale looking breads, some packaged rolls, and a waffle maker. I was hoping for fresh fruit and possibly a pastry or donut from a local establishment, and I was out of luck. The pastries were packaged and didn't look so good.

Overall, I would characterize this place as "fine." The location is definitely wonderful, very close to the mall and the surrounding shopping. If you don't require much from a hotel, this could be the place for you.

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms facing the freeway. I also don't like a first floor room, but this one was...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. It is located in a great area- close to the mall, restaurants, stores, and the highway. The staff were really nice and helped with anything I needed. They told me when I arrived that they clean the room only once a week and that if I wanted more than that then I should tell them. I did not ask them to clean but I would have preferred that they had emptied the garbage cans. Also on the last night a big group arrived and when I went down for breakfast in the morning there was nowhere to sit. Maybe they could have arranged specific hours for the group to eat and then notify the other guests when it's best to come for breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are better since there is only one elevator and it is slow
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Butler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hannaford Suites. We had one of the suites. It was huge and included a full kitchen and separate lounging area with a TV in additon to a TV in the bedroom. It was clean, had appropriate blackout curtains, a white bedcover instead of a filthy bedspread, and a pillow top king-sized bed. I thought it was well-appointed. The free breakfast was great (pay attention to the times the omelets are served) and the staff kept things serviced. Our trip was quick and stressful due to illness in the family. It was a nice over-night retreat.

Room Tip: I have no idea - we happened to get one nearer to the traffic side but I still didn't notice noi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Very nice property. Was visiting Xavier to move daughter in for the school year. Right on and off interstate. Also convenient to Downtown Cincinnati. Everything you need -Malls/food/etc- right around this safe neighborhood. First impression provides a more upscale appearance, when not knowing what to expect based on a couple of reviews. Chose this property based on TripAdvisor reviews. Not disappointed. Room in very nice shape, 1 bedroom suite more than enough room. Included a sleeper sofa. Bathroom in great shape, nice shower. I'm 6'3" and a lot of times shower head is at low height or of poor quality, but not here. Standard comp breakfast, with waffle maker AND cooked to order omelets. No one to clean tables during the busy a.m. crowd, but guests could have been a little more respectful and cleaned up after themselves. Our stay here was all good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Florence, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This place has a lot of potential, but is in need of some upgrades. I was upgraded to an executive suite, which was a nice surprise. That being said, the executive suite wasn't the best room I've ever stayed in. Don't get me wrong, it was really nice, leather couch, nice LCD TV, great kitchen; however, the toilet kept running after flushing it, the cold water handle on the sink was busted, and the hot water handle came off when using it! There were chips on the wall (not the biggest deal really), the breakfast was pretty weak (I did miss the omlet bar, so can't vouch for that), and very crowded (tight space for breakfast). All in all the hotel is in a great location, better than an average room, but I probably wouldn't stay here again for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Wonderful space and value for the money.

Great Location. The mall is right down the road.

Great service - Patti is the BEST!

The bed is sooo comfortable!

Nice breakfast in the morning.

I highly recommend for short or long term stays.

Room Tip: ask for a room that faces the interior parking lot, and not the highway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Burlington, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I travel to Cincinnati frequently for business, and I always stay at Hannaford Suites. The rooms have plenty of space. In the king suite, the rooms have a nice kitchen area with microwave, mini-stove, and fridge. The living room area has a comfy couch and a TV with a nice atmosphere - perfect for relaxing after a day of travel or work. The bedroom itself is also nice, with plenty of space and a comfy bed (also equipped with a TV). I always feel like I've moved into a small apartment, and have spent a week at a time there, so having the extra space and amenities has been very nice. The gym is small but does the job for me, all I need is a treadmill/bicycle/elliptical so they have what I need. I've always been treated very nicely by the staff and have had a clean room. For the cost, location, and amenities, Hannaford Suites gives me all that I need for travel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!