“Excellent value - super clean, looks brand new, great staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5900 East Galbraith Road, Cincinnati, OH 45236 (Formerly Hannaford Suites Hotel Cincinnati)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Chicago
“Excellent value - super clean, looks brand new, great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2008

Great hotel for business travelers. Rooms are spotless and good-sized, furniture, carpet, beds, and entire hotel looks brand new. Sheets & bedding are the good suff - not cheap or scratchy. No problems with high-speed internet connection and hotel is safe, away from inner-city but convenient to Cincinnati. Mall and many good restaurants nearby. Staff is terrific - owner gave up his room for me because I needed a non-smoking room.

The FREE breakfast now includes a made-to-order omelet station, along with danish, muffins, fruit, juice, coffee, cereal, etc.
Highway noise did not bother me at all and I am a light sleeper.
I highly recommend the Hannaford Suites.

• Liked — Big, clean, safe room
  • Disliked — All was good !
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Indianapolis, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed in Cincinnati for three nights over the New Year's holiday. This was the worst hotel of the three in which we stayed (the others being the Cincinnatian downtown and the Marriott RiverCenter in Newport (which was the best of the three)).

When we arrived at the hotel at around 11 AM, we went to the check-in desk. There was a mop on the floor in front of the desk and a Hispanic gentleman behind the desk. We could not understand what he was saying to us...he picked up the telephone and called the person whom I presume to be the front desk receptionist. She came down in five minutes while my girlfriend and I wondered what we had gotten ourselves into.

Check in then went...smoothly. After the housekeeping (?) gentleman removed his mop and sat down in the lobby.

The room was fine. Nothing special. A VERY small bathroom, though. Tiny small. The bed was fine. Fairly comfortable.

The location is excellent for going to Kenwood Towne Center and the surrounding area. It is very quiet, on a side road, with "sneak-in" access to the mall. Unfortunately, the mall was so crowded we could find nowhere to park! Can you believe that?!? So, we just went across the street to the bookstore. I'd never witnessed a mall so busy. This was on December 30!

When we arrived back to the hotel, there was a different receptionist "working". Actually, she was sitting on the couch with what I presume to be her somewhat scary-looking thugish boyfriend. Pretty unprofessional.

Then. at around 4 AM were were woken by someone SCREAMING, "Anyone?", "Hello?" for at least 15 minutes NON-STOP. Apparently the front desk had been abandoned. We were two rooms down from the desk, so the screaming was pretty loud to have wakened us. That was pretty scary.

We left as soon as we could the next day, never to return. The price was average, the hotel was average. I'm not sure why we'd ever go back given the poor service.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The front desk staff was very unprofessional.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2007

I travel to Cincinnati every year to visit family for Thanksgiving. This year we tried the Hannaford..I have to admit there were concerns regarding the reviews I read about the noise from the freeway. I have to admit, our room was on that side of the hotel, and my family had no issues at all. This hotel is TOP notch, you will not find anything else like this unless you go downtown and pay 250 a night. Great Staff! Great Rooms! Great Hotel! Will definately stay again!

Stayed November 2007
Maineville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

have stayed here on several occasions.
great location. walking distance to shopping mall / many restaurants.
great front desk staff.

only minus is - make sure you get a room on the parking lot side, and not facing the interstate.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
Whittier, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

We visit family once a year and would stay no where else but the Hannaford.
The staff is excellent. Amber is a true gem. They are always willing to go that extra mile to make your stay more enjoyable.
They serve a morning continental breakfast which is a great money saver if you have kids. The pool is outside and the kids loved it.
The rooms are spacious and ours had a small kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove, and microwave.
There is a television in the main seating area as well as the bedroom.
We love this place and highly recommend it to anyone- business travelers as well as families. There is something for everyone here.
Free Internet and parking too- what more could one ask for!

• Liked — Can't beat the Hannaford!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2006

My family and I stayed in this hotel for 1 night in August. We chose this hotel because it was close to relatives we were visiting. It has a great outdoor pool, and the rooms were clean and well-maintained.
Continental breakfast is included, but don't expect much. It's just enough to give you a start on your day, not fill you up!
My only complaint was that it was very noisy due to the traffic on I-71. If we return again (and we probably will), I will reqest to stay on the side of the hotel away from the highway. There was just too much noise from cars/trucks/etc.
Overall, we were very pleased with the hotel, and will book it again on return trips to the Cinci area.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2005

I stayed at the Hannaford Suites in the Kenwood area of Cincinnati in May, 2005. I had a mini-suite with a small refrigerator, microwave, sink, coffee maker and all dishes, utensils, etc. included. They also have larger suites. They have an internet site that lists price specials, but I got a better deal by calling them and asking for a AAA rate. The hotel is very quiet and the rooms are very well designed. Continental breakfast is included with your room price. The staff is very friendly. Their policy is not to provide daily maid service and they give you a schedule of when the rooms will be cleaned on whichever floor you are staying. I was there 3 nights and the only problem I had was that the garbage cans were full by the time I left. I know if I had asked, they would have either emptied them or let me know where I could empty them. As a female travelling alone, I felt very safe and secure at this hotel. The hotel is very close to the Kenwood Towne Center shopping mall. Access to Interstate 71 is not far away. It was very easy to get to all the various locations I travelled, including downtown Cincinnati and Newport, Kentucky. The price was much better than a downtown Cincinnati hotel, and there is plenty of free parking. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the Cincinnati area.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!