“Good Hotel - a bit overpriced” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4521 Eastgate Boulevard, Cincinnati, OH 45245 (Formerly Country Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Columbus, Ohio
“Good Hotel - a bit overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a nice clean hotel, matresses are a bit worn (at least in my room it sagged to the side) but at north of $110 weekday rate - it's a bit more than I would pay for the location and amenities. I was there on business - it was convenient, and my boss had a lower "negotiated" rate.
Despite Mariott's great reward program - I am a Platinum member - they do not offer "the best rates" up front to their members, you have to work for it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Joyce J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Your feedback is appreciated and noted regarding the rate information. All Marriott Reward Members are greatly valued, while the benefits of the Rewards program doesn't include discounted rates there are several other great benefits. Again, thank you for your feedback and we would certainly like to see you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night only on the way back to Pittsburgh from Nashville. Was a great halfway point and the price was reasonable. Ideally situated to get back on highway and near Perkins and Bob Evans to get breakfast. We stopped at Jungle Jims which is situated down the same road not even half a mile. It is an International Supermarket with interesting foods etc from around the world. Worth a visit if you have about 2 hrs to spare. It is huge and you could easily spend 2 hrs.
The rooms in the Fairfield were nice but had an odd smell to it. A lil musty. Which bothered me but concerned me more since we had our three month old with us. I would say good for a one or two night stay. Would not want to spend a week here.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your feedback! Sorry to hear you were disappointed with our property, the hotel is a little older and was changed to a Fairfield Inn and Suites from a Country Inn and Suites so is different from the newer builds. Again, we appreciate your review and thank you for staying with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel was great! The room was very clean, the pool was excellent, the shower had wonderful water pressure, and the hotel was in walking distance to the mall. My only complaint is that the beds were too soft. Other than that, however, it was really a great stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your return!
VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The pool and hot tub were filthy and littered with food, the towels were deeply stained-every single one!- and torn, the bathroom smelled moldy and mold was everywhere, the area around the beds were dirty and food was under our beds, there was hair and sticky substances on the wall above the bed, the lamps were dented and one did not work at all, the "breakfast" selections were scary awful, and the coffee was terrible. When I made inquiries at the desk no one showed up for 20 min. the first time I checked, and when I went back the woman at the desk was rude. We will never, ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joyce J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
My apologies that you experienced so many issues during your stay! My wish is that you would have contacted me so your issues would have been resolved prior to your leaving. Again, sincere apologies from myself and our entire team.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Your hotel and staff are a rare treat! I travel every week all across the U.S. and everything from the room to the amenities to the attitude of your team was truly top notch.

I'll make a point to stay with you next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review! It is our pleasure to make your stay as comfortable and productive as possible. We look forward to seeing you back!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We were heading from small town northern Ohio down to Cincinnati for a volleyball tournament. I knew little of the area but have always stayed in Marriott brand hotels so this was closest Marriott brand to our destination. And it lived up to my standards of a Marriott brand! Rooms were very clean and customer service was excellent! This was my daughters first tournament so I wanted flowers delivered to the room, the desk clerk helped locate a flower shop that would accommodate my request. We had to be at the sports complex at 7am, the same time the breakfast time started for the hotel, while not everything was out, they let us get fruit, yogurt and juice or milk to take with us. Was very pleased with our stay and the next time volleyball takes us that way, I know where I will take my family to stay.

• Stayed March 2013
So glad to hear your experience was positive! Please know that we would be glad to have all breakfast items available for you - just let us know at check in that you have to be on your way early and we will take care of the rest. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you back!
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was a pretty typical Fairfield Inn. The lobby area was clean and inviting. Front desk person was really nice.

The suite was a big room with a partial wall - not a separate bedroom, but that's becoming more typical. It should be fine unless you are counting on someone sleeping while you are in the living area.

The bed was comfy and the heater had a thermostat (much better than "high heat" found in some other places).

The bathroom was pretty clean. The toilet would get a little stuck so every so often, there was a "ghost flush" - flushed without anyone in there.

Breakfast was pretty typical, but I did appreciate that it was set up a half hour early... thanks!

Also good: free Internet without the need to type in a secret code.

The location is pretty good - although enter through the restaurant! When you get there, you'll see what this means. No problem, just saves a "Oh, THAT'S the entrance over there?"

Would we stay here again? Sure, assuming the price was right.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Joyce J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We appreciate your comments and yes - first time finding the hotel is tricky and I agree it is a "Oh there it is" regarding the entrance. We will be placing a directional sign in the near future to assist with showing our guests where the entrance to our hotel is. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you when you are back in the area!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate? Share your experiences!