“Pleasant and Comfy place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4521 Eastgate Boulevard, Cincinnati, OH 45245 (Formerly Country Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Pleasant and Comfy place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have spent quite a bit of time living out of hotels for work, and I am always happy to stay at the FF. The decor is pleasing - it is warm and inviting - which makes it a nice place to come back to. The rooms are much more comfortable than some of the other area hotels I have stayed at. I am a huge fan of the pool/hot tub and the laundry facility. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Any issue that I have had was resolved quickly and anything that I have needed- a band-aid, a new key, a restaurant recommendation - has been provided with a smile.I would recommend the Fairfield to others who find themselves in the Eastgate area.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Joyce J, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Our promise to you as our guest is to anticipate your needs, resolve any problems promptly and help you achieve your goals. We are so glad to hear that you are comfortable at our hotel and look forward to doing all possible to ensure your comfort and satisfaction each time you enter our doors. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was in the area for three nights to attend a family reunion with two of my daughters, one grown the other special needs. We arrived late and were lucky to find a room as two big events were happening in the area. I used to live near there and was surprised so much was going on. Rooms used to never be a problem, surprise. Everything was very good except we had a problem with towels being replaced.

The staff would pick up our dirty towels when we placed them on the floor as requested. However, one time no clean towels were left in the room to replace the dirty ones. We returned from our relatives home at 11 PM to no towels in the room. I went to the desk to get some. I was ticked but OK things happen. The next night we only had one clean towel and the extra blanket for the pull out bed was gone. Once again I went to the desk for more towels and a blanket. The next night our room was not even touched. The dirty towels were not picked up. I was not happy! I went to the desk, explained the situation, and got clean towels.

The next morning was check out time so I talked to the manager. I told her I knew the hotel was full but this was not acceptable. The maid claimed that we had a "do not disturb" sign on our door. Yes we did until about 9:00 AM. I made absolute sure the sign was not on the door when we left and it was not on it when we arrived back. I was not happy but I was nice. I requested a break in price. She gave me one night free. Good PR. I am not hard to please so this made me very happy.

This goes without mentioning the three hour power outage one evening caused by a bad storm. This was not the hotel's fault and they dealt with it the best they could. And as for the smokers in Jimathome's review, the maids smoked at a table away from the main entrance in the parking lot.

My wife uses Marriott a lot and she was very surprised about the towel problem. I was too. Over all I would have given this place a 4 or 5 except for the towel problem so I must rate it down to a 2. I might stay again at this location but probably not a first choice.

Room Tip: Make sure you have enough towels for everyone staying. You might check ahead to see if there are an...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Joyce J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for letting us know of the problem you experienced while staying at our hotel, this kind of feedback is always helpful as we continually strive to make your stay as comfortable and "problem free" as possible.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Staff was super friendly, very helpful, and willing to accommodate! The continental breakfast seemed to be a little bit better than most places in the the same price range. A little pricey for what you are getting, but I would still recommend it. It would be nice if the beds were tempurpedic!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Joyce J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, your comments are appreciated and will certainly be shared with our team! We look forward to your return if you are ever back in the Cincinnati/Eastgate area.
Monroe, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I prefer to stay in Marriott's and I was not disappointed. The front desk staff was very nice and funny, she made us feel very welcome. The room was clean and the bed was very comfy. I booked a suite and thought it would be two seperate rooms, it was not and the pull out couch was only a twin. This was my fault for not reading the description better. It was a nice big room though with a half wall between the living room and bed area. The breakfast was ok, there was alot of items to choose from, but I've never been thrilled with hotel food. While it was not as fancy as other Marriott hotels I've stayed at, it was clean and comfortable which is a top priority.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Joyce J, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments, which I have shared with our staff. It is very encouraging to our employees, to know how our guests feel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to know that we are doing our job making our guests feel welcome, comfortable and providing a clean facility. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

In my first review of this property, I noted its location, convenience, and decor, as well as a problem with smokers congregating near the entrance. I'm happy to report that the latter is the only thing that has changed, and that for the better. Perhaps there are fewer smokers on the staff, but the area around the entrance was not engulfed in a fog. I don't mind -- as an ex-smoker, I *enjoy* second-hand smoke -- but others do, and an improvement should be noted.

There are a few items that I either did not comment upon earlier, or did not notice. The towels are quite thin -- as in, cheap motel thin. I don't remember this from my earlier visit.

My third floor room faced east, and was thus lit by 1 billion candle-power lights in an attempt, I assume, to alert travelers from as far away as Boston that they are approaching the Eastgate Fairfield Inn. The hotel thoughtfully provides blackout curtains to staunch the flow of light, but if you need to sleep in a dark room, move to the west side of the hotel. On a positive note, as long as you have quiet neighbors, the hotel seems well insulated from the outside. Despite being located near a busy highway, it was quiet.

For breakfast, there's a waffle maker, muffins, bagels, fruit, hard-boiled eggs, and a variety of things to be microwaved. Breakfast starts at 6 on weekdays, and 7 on weekends. The lady who staffs the breakfast area was very nice, but a little slow to get things out on the weekends. We had to ask for cream cheese, butter, and sausage & egg biscuits that were available during the week.

All in all, I found it a fair value, and I will likely stay here again. It's slightly less expensive than the neighboring Holiday Inn, and although more expensive than the nearby Comfort Inn, it's much nicer.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the western side, away from the road and Klieg lights. A higher floor is prefe...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Joyce J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments! I would like to add that by April of 2013 the Fairfield Inn & Suites breakfast will include hot scrambled eggs and sausage as NEW items. We are glad to hear the black out curtains were effective, try as we may sometimes there is a bit of light still around the window. Please stop and see us again when you are in the area - we would love to see you back!
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Although getting to the property is a little awkward (you have to drive through O'Charly's parking lot) it is a nice property. It is typical Fairfield, decent breakfast, clean pool area, nice fitness room, etc. Front desk staff was very pleasant which is not always the case at some places. Room was clean and comfortable and the grounds were well maintained

Room Tip: King rooms with a m-wave and fridge are well laid out and no extra charge for them
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Taking this opportunity to say "thank you", not only for your wonderful comments about our hotel but for sharing your comments! We look forward to your seeing you back if you are ever in the area!
arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is a very basic hotel but I found our room and the other areas I observed to be exceptionally clean for this type of establishment. We were there over the 4th of July and I will have to say that there is a big difference in the hotel when all the little league baseball teams showed up! On Wednesday and Thursday it was quiet and peaceful but when all the weekend activity hit, there was a lot of activity and noise around the indoor pool. We were on the 3rd floor at the end of the hall and were never disturbed by any of it. I also thought the price they were charging for the weekend ($149.00) was very high but all the hotels in the area were that high for the holiday weekend. Our shower was nice, the air worked great, nice TV with good selection of channels, no bed bugs (which is a problem in Cincinnati) great location, friendly staff, breakfast was standard, fresh fruit at the desk is a nice touch and parking was no problem. I would stay here again since our family lives in this area and we usually come once a year. The only thing I thought really needed an improvement were the towels. They were very thin and certainly not soft but I consider this a minor issue. Hope this helps someone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Joyce J, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I am excited to hear that we exceeded your expectations of the cleanliness of your room. Sorry to hear about the baseball team was loud by the pool. We do have quiet hours to ensure that if there are groups they do not disturb other guests. It is good to know that you were not disturbed in your room from the noise and activity. I am happy to tell you that we have also replaced our towels. We look forward to your return when you are back in the Cincinnati/Eastgate area.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate? Share your experiences!