“Nice clean hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4521 Eastgate Boulevard, Cincinnati, OH 45245 (Formerly Country Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #19 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Monroe, Michigan
“Nice clean hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I prefer to stay in Marriott's and I was not disappointed. The front desk staff was very nice and funny, she made us feel very welcome. The room was clean and the bed was very comfy. I booked a suite and thought it would be two seperate rooms, it was not and the pull out couch was only a twin. This was my fault for not reading the description better. It was a nice big room though with a half wall between the living room and bed area. The breakfast was ok, there was alot of items to choose from, but I've never been thrilled with hotel food. While it was not as fancy as other Marriott hotels I've stayed at, it was clean and comfortable which is a top priority.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Joyce J, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments, which I have shared with our staff. It is very encouraging to our employees, to know how our guests feel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to know that we are doing our job making our guests feel welcome, comfortable and providing a clean facility. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

In my first review of this property, I noted its location, convenience, and decor, as well as a problem with smokers congregating near the entrance. I'm happy to report that the latter is the only thing that has changed, and that for the better. Perhaps there are fewer smokers on the staff, but the area around the entrance was not engulfed in a fog. I don't mind -- as an ex-smoker, I *enjoy* second-hand smoke -- but others do, and an improvement should be noted.

There are a few items that I either did not comment upon earlier, or did not notice. The towels are quite thin -- as in, cheap motel thin. I don't remember this from my earlier visit.

My third floor room faced east, and was thus lit by 1 billion candle-power lights in an attempt, I assume, to alert travelers from as far away as Boston that they are approaching the Eastgate Fairfield Inn. The hotel thoughtfully provides blackout curtains to staunch the flow of light, but if you need to sleep in a dark room, move to the west side of the hotel. On a positive note, as long as you have quiet neighbors, the hotel seems well insulated from the outside. Despite being located near a busy highway, it was quiet.

For breakfast, there's a waffle maker, muffins, bagels, fruit, hard-boiled eggs, and a variety of things to be microwaved. Breakfast starts at 6 on weekdays, and 7 on weekends. The lady who staffs the breakfast area was very nice, but a little slow to get things out on the weekends. We had to ask for cream cheese, butter, and sausage & egg biscuits that were available during the week.

All in all, I found it a fair value, and I will likely stay here again. It's slightly less expensive than the neighboring Holiday Inn, and although more expensive than the nearby Comfort Inn, it's much nicer.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the western side, away from the road and Klieg lights. A higher floor is prefe...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Joyce J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments! I would like to add that by April of 2013 the Fairfield Inn & Suites breakfast will include hot scrambled eggs and sausage as NEW items. We are glad to hear the black out curtains were effective, try as we may sometimes there is a bit of light still around the window. Please stop and see us again when you are in the area - we would love to see you back!
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Although getting to the property is a little awkward (you have to drive through O'Charly's parking lot) it is a nice property. It is typical Fairfield, decent breakfast, clean pool area, nice fitness room, etc. Front desk staff was very pleasant which is not always the case at some places. Room was clean and comfortable and the grounds were well maintained

Room Tip: King rooms with a m-wave and fridge are well laid out and no extra charge for them
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Taking this opportunity to say "thank you", not only for your wonderful comments about our hotel but for sharing your comments! We look forward to your seeing you back if you are ever in the area!
arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is a very basic hotel but I found our room and the other areas I observed to be exceptionally clean for this type of establishment. We were there over the 4th of July and I will have to say that there is a big difference in the hotel when all the little league baseball teams showed up! On Wednesday and Thursday it was quiet and peaceful but when all the weekend activity hit, there was a lot of activity and noise around the indoor pool. We were on the 3rd floor at the end of the hall and were never disturbed by any of it. I also thought the price they were charging for the weekend ($149.00) was very high but all the hotels in the area were that high for the holiday weekend. Our shower was nice, the air worked great, nice TV with good selection of channels, no bed bugs (which is a problem in Cincinnati) great location, friendly staff, breakfast was standard, fresh fruit at the desk is a nice touch and parking was no problem. I would stay here again since our family lives in this area and we usually come once a year. The only thing I thought really needed an improvement were the towels. They were very thin and certainly not soft but I consider this a minor issue. Hope this helps someone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Joyce J, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I am excited to hear that we exceeded your expectations of the cleanliness of your room. Sorry to hear about the baseball team was loud by the pool. We do have quiet hours to ensure that if there are groups they do not disturb other guests. It is good to know that you were not disturbed in your room from the noise and activity. I am happy to tell you that we have also replaced our towels. We look forward to your return when you are back in the Cincinnati/Eastgate area.
Terre Haute
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was a work related trip so this is where my employer picked. There was no refrigerator in the room and the ice machine was on the first floor. My room was extremely hot when I checked in (~78F) and I had to turn the AC on high to cool it down. I went down to the pool and cooled off while my room cooled down. The hot tub was occupied by a large group so I didn't take advantage of it.
There seemed to be a lot of construction going on in the hallways and more public areas. The room I stayed in had been renovated and was comfortable. Continental breakfast was good. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We normally stay in the Mason area, but this time we were coming to visit friends in the Eastgate area, so we decided it would be "easier" to stay out there at the Fairfield Inn vs the full service Marriott in Mason. The rate for a "king suite" was $2 less at the Fairfield than a "normal" room at the Marriott.

As far a Fairfield Inns go, it was typical. Just a very basic hotel Watch out when they tell you they have a "sleeper sofa" They told us our 2 kids could fit in it fine. Now, my kids are only 9 & 6 and this sleeper sofa is a twin size at best. We had to get a rollaway bed too. So much for having some extra space in the suite.

Our room did not get cleaned at all while we were there! We returned too late that evening to do anything about it. We chased down a housekeeper in the morning for towels. We mentioned it on our way out, and there were apparently a bunch of rooms that got missed??? The desk manager did refund us $30 for the trouble. We were not asking for anything, just wanted them to know our room got missed. That was a nice gesture.

We could not get the air temp in the room to regulate either. We had it set at 63 and it was so humid in the room I could not even dry my hair after taking a shower.

All in all, this property is fine. But, for my family, we will return to the Marriott in Mason and drive a bit when we need to go to the east side of town.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is a clean hotel with nicely designed and executed rooms -- in short, a standard Fairfield hotel. it's in a great location, convenient to the highway and Eastgate, home of every fast-food and family restaurant known to man. There's a decent mall, sporting goods store, and grocery nearby. The property has a small pool and fitness center. The breakfast was adequate. The maids were always friendly, the front desk was hit-or-miss. The rooms can be noisy or quiet -- it all depends on your neighbors' behavior.

The one thing that the management needs to address here is the clutch of smokers gathered around the entrance, where the hotel has provided seating in a shaded area. That really needs to be relocated, so that a) non-smokers can also enjoy the area and b) guests don't have to pass through a cloud of smoke whenever they enter or exit the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate? Share your experiences!