“Mixed review” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   130 W. Mitchell Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45217 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #38 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Rochester, New York
“Mixed review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

On the pro side, we had a suite with refrigerator, microwave, small kitchen like sink, and some cupboard space. The bed was comfy and liked pillows and flat screened TV. The king room also had some nice space and nice closet, dresser, and shower. Despite closeness to expressway, there was no road noise heard inside. On the con side, the position of the hotel to the expressway on ramp made it hard to get into and out of the parking lot. During heavy traffic times this could be a serious problem. Our refrigerator froze our food and the AC either made the room too cold or too hot. The "just right" temperature seemed unattainable.We also heard some noise from next room but cranking up the fan took care of that. Staff was nice and breakfast area was nice. There is a fitness room with a treadmill and recumbent bike but the former pool has been filled with concrete. Did not have any concerns about taking a walk in the neighborhood during the day.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Amherst, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and affordable. Indoor heated pool, which is a small, but my nephews still enjoyed it. The complimentary breakfast was decent, with a good variety of choices. Check out was easy and the girl at the front desk was very friendly. Would definetley stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is off a busy street, but we felt the price was good. The room was clean but we had a hard time regulating the temperature, so it was a little too hot and we didn't sleep well, although the beds and pillows are comfortable. There was a big stain in the hallway right outside our room, and although we were in a nonsmoking room, there was a strong smell of smoke in the hallways, so we must have been near smoking rooms. That was definitely a negative, since most hotels no longer allow smoking, or at least have nonsmoking floors. The breakfast was good and staff are very nice. However, if you can find better in the area for the price, go ahead and stay there instead.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Highland, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

THE BAD-The room didn't have a fridge or safe inside it like was stated, but you could take your belongings and put them in a safe downstairs. If you walked a little bit around the hotel surroundings, you were in a bad area of Cincinnati...my friend and I opted to drive everywhere because of this, even if it was only a two minute walk. The shower curtain wouldn't stay closed while taking a shower and the water for the shower was only luke warm and never got hot.

THE GOOD- Easy to find....it's right off the highway and was very quiet. Beds were super comfortable (and 'm someone with a major back problem). We ended up getting free breakfast both mornings which we didn't know was included until we checked in. Overall, I would stay here again as opposed to paying $150 at a hotel that was closer to Duke Energy Center.

Room Tip: No spa, right off the the highway, only about a 5-10 minute drive to Duke Energy Center, Kentucky, a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this comfort inn did not want to leave. Housekeeping kept our room clean and enough linen for the day. I had no problems connecting to the internet. The bed is so comfortably. I am going to have to get me some of these pillows. It's well insulated did not need the heat much considering it's in the thirty outside. Overall I really have nothing negative to say about comfort inn.

• Stayed March 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at their hotel on Jan. 18 and checked out on Jan. 19. We stayed in one of their non smoking rooms for two reasons, one WE DON'T SMOKE and for two I'M ALLERGIC!! When we walked in the room we notice a musty smell and my allergies started to bother me. My husband checked us out @10 am the next morning, but they never gave him any check out papers. They told him he didn't need one which I thought was a little strange. We thought everything was good till my husband received a call the Monday morning stating that are card was charged $200.00 for smoking in the room and trying to cover it up by wrapping towels around the smoke detector and that they had pics to prove it. We tried to get a hold of the manager but she was never available. We asked the person that checked us in if there was a possibility that one of the employees could have smoked in the room and cover it up to save their job. Their response was that none of the employees smoke. We called corporate and they told us that the hotels are independently owned and that they don't deal with billing issues so there was nothing they could do. When we finally got a hold of the manager we asked her where the smoke detectors were located but she never gave us an answer. All she would say is we have proof. We would never book with them or any other hotels affiliated with them and I would recommend no one to book with them either. If I could I wouldn't give them 1/2 a star.

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms smell like smoke
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was at this Comfort Inn while recently in Cincinnati on business. I found the room to be clean and comfortable. The hotel was near a very busy highway but I did not find any noise problem. The breakfast was typical --sausage, scrambled eggs, pastries, waffles, etc. Make sure you get there before closing time because they take it down immediately...no late-comers. I found there staff to be friendly and rate reasonable. I know they had a fitness room but am not sure if they had a pool.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!