“Horrible Experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   130 W. Mitchell Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45217 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #36 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Canton, Ohio
“Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Being a Choice member, I redeemed two free nights here. The shower had no shower curtain, there was no WiFi available, the wallpaper was peeling, and the hallways smelt very stale. There were patrons smoking marijuana outside, no curtains on the windows near the bed, so I could see all the street lights and signs while I tried to sleep, and to top it off, a not-so-friendly neighbourhood. Definitely would NOT stay there again!

Room Tip: Go anywhere but here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We used our Choice points for our stay and it was great a value! The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The hotel was non-smoking and the staff was friendly.

Breakfast was hot with omelets, sausage, coffee, juice, yogurt, fruit, toast, muffins, cereal, waffles and pastries.

There was adequate parking and the neighborhood was quiet and safe. There were placed to eat although we didn't partake in any of them because we had eaten before we arrived.

We would stay again.

Room Tip: Sorry I can remember the room number but the hotel was very nice.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

This is a Comfort Suites converted from a Holiday Inn Express. This is not the nicest neighborhood in Cincinnati, however this particular hotel typically housed corporate business. Not anymore...

Upon first arrival, check-in was aggrevating. The night shift auditor was annoyed that we walked into the hotel to check-in early in the morning, around 2 AM. She was sitting in a plush chair adjacent to the check-in desk, it clearly seemed she was just waking up. She pulled up my reservation, and I asked her to confirm the room type. She said they had no smoking rooms. I booked a smoking room. My reservation actually showed this information, but without explanation, she said she had none. It was a bother to her to even check us into the hotel, I can imagine clicking a mouse a few times and hitting a few keys simply to pacify my question could not have been that difficult. Apparently it was.

The room was simplistic, nice and actually very clean. It did not have a microwave or refrigerator, which the site states that it does. We purchases food/beverages that needed to be chilled, and had to use the ice bucket in the room, which did not suffice. The toilet was running loudly as soon as we went into the bathroom. We flushed the toilet, it still made the noise. I attemped to take the tank lid off and see if something was loose or broken. I pulled up on it and it did seem to work momentarily to keep the noise at bay. Howeer, when it came time to go to the bathroom again, the same noise would be extremely loud and annoyning and something that we would not be able to sleep. I called the front desk, and she said she had no one there to fix it and she cannot move me to anothe room. She said she would come up to the room and fix the toilet, and she did. I assume she has to do those things often on her shift. She was not necessarily pleasant but this time she was also not as rude and disinterested.

The next morning housekeeping woke us up twice by knocking on the door, even though we had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. We had to scour every floor of the hotel and find that the only working ice machine was in the lobby of hotel. All of the vending machines were non-stocked with the exception of one. I understand that could be a vendor issue, so I cannot necessarily fault the hotel.

All in all, the hotel was nice. The room was reasonably priced for the furnishings, comfort of sleep and decor. Location, though seemingly unsavory is very convenient. Customer service was terribly lacking. The staff seem almost robotic. Their eyes are glassy, as though they're soul has been depleted by the horrid grind of underpaid hotel workers, ecspecially ones that are employed by INDIANS. You can tell that is exactly what happened in this hotel.

Room Tip: Make a loud entrance if you are checking in after dark in case the staff are 'dozing' off...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Avon, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

While checking-in, a kid's hockey team was in the lobby and pool area having a free-for-all while another extended family, enjoying a reunion was having a pizza party right across from the lobby counter. Navigating through with the family and luggage was near impossible and being able to hold a discussion to check-in was impossible. Finally made it to the room and it STUNK!!!! My wife and son started having some asthma issues. I tried to call the front desk but no one picked-up so I waited forever for an elevator (the hockey team was joy riding) and went to the front desk and had to scream over the din. The employees did not believe me but after some persistence, they agreed to send some to spray a deodorizer which did do the job. I had to park along way from the front door in a bad area but I was told not to worry as they had 24 hr security in the parking lot. Not all of the bad experience was the hotel's fault but I won't be back.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011 via mobile

While this hotel is very convenient for visiting P&G and other companies in the area, it has NO business center, and no way to even print a boarding pass. I have stayed at hotels that either had no guest computer or printer, but the front desk could at least print a PDF boarding pass. Not so at this hotel. The hotel is located next to an entrance to I-75, but at such a busy location that turning either left out of the parking lot or left into the hotel is extremely difficult.

• Stayed November 2011
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011 via mobile

Room looked clean and no funny smells like other reviews stated. There were parts of the wall where it looked like something was removed maybe during a remodel but they NEVER painted the bare wall under! Good luck getting in or out of the parking lot in the morning or amount 5:00 - 6:00 it's a very busy street. Oh if you need a guest laundry, forget it - not one here. I've been in worse but I've also been in many better.

• Stayed November 2011
South Milford, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I made a reservation for a 3 night stay in which I called the morning of and told them it would only be for 2 nights. The front desk told me no problem she would make the change and the confirmation number would stay the same. When I arrived to the front counter Sheldon said my reservations had been cancelled (very rude) and there was no rooms available. There was no help offered from the front desk with helping me find some where else to stay. Weeks later I found out they billed my credit card for one night stay even though I did not stay. I called their corporate office several times before a response back and then nothing was done. Bad customer service, no more Holiday Inn's for me.

Room Tip: Don't go to this Hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!