This is a Comfort Suites converted from a Holiday Inn Express. This is not the nicest neighborhood in Cincinnati, however this particular hotel typically housed corporate business. Not anymore...
Upon first arrival, check-in was aggrevating. The night shift auditor was annoyed that we walked into the hotel to check-in early in the morning, around 2 AM. She was sitting in a plush chair adjacent to the check-in desk, it clearly seemed she was just waking up. She pulled up my reservation, and I asked her to confirm the room type. She said they had no smoking rooms. I booked a smoking room. My reservation actually showed this information, but without explanation, she said she had none. It was a bother to her to even check us into the hotel, I can imagine clicking a mouse a few times and hitting a few keys simply to pacify my question could not have been that difficult. Apparently it was.
The room was simplistic, nice and actually very clean. It did not have a microwave or refrigerator, which the site states that it does. We purchases food/beverages that needed to be chilled, and had to use the ice bucket in the room, which did not suffice. The toilet was running loudly as soon as we went into the bathroom. We flushed the toilet, it still made the noise. I attemped to take the tank lid off and see if something was loose or broken. I pulled up on it and it did seem to work momentarily to keep the noise at bay. Howeer, when it came time to go to the bathroom again, the same noise would be extremely loud and annoyning and something that we would not be able to sleep. I called the front desk, and she said she had no one there to fix it and she cannot move me to anothe room. She said she would come up to the room and fix the toilet, and she did. I assume she has to do those things often on her shift. She was not necessarily pleasant but this time she was also not as rude and disinterested.
The next morning housekeeping woke us up twice by knocking on the door, even though we had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. We had to scour every floor of the hotel and find that the only working ice machine was in the lobby of hotel. All of the vending machines were non-stocked with the exception of one. I understand that could be a vendor issue, so I cannot necessarily fault the hotel.
All in all, the hotel was nice. The room was reasonably priced for the furnishings, comfort of sleep and decor. Location, though seemingly unsavory is very convenient. Customer service was terribly lacking. The staff seem almost robotic. Their eyes are glassy, as though they're soul has been depleted by the horrid grind of underpaid hotel workers, ecspecially ones that are employed by INDIANS. You can tell that is exactly what happened in this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati i-75 Hotel Cincinnati
- Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati i-75 Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati
- Holiday Inn Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Holiday Inn
- Comfort Inn & Suites Cincinnati, Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newest addition to the heart of Cincinnati is the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. We are conveniently located on I-75 at Exit 6, adjacent to Cincinnati Downtown, Norwood and Clifton. This beautiful hotel is close to Downtown, Cincinnati Zoo, Cincinnati Convention Center, Norwood and Kenwood Mall and many restaurants within 3 miles. We offer 54 spacious guest rooms that include Kings, Doubles, King Suites with a twin pull-out couch and Jacuzzi Rooms. Special in room amenities are 25-inch color TV, 2-line Phone, free high speed internet, voice mail, microwave / refrigerator, coffeemaker, iron with board, free local calls and free parking. Hotel Features include smoking and non-smoking rooms, complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast, Fitness Center and a free morning paper. BUSINESS : Procter & Gamble, Sun Chemicals, Enerfab, Cognus & G.E. HOSPITALS : University, Good Sam, VA, Children's, Bethesda, Christ. UNIVERSITIES : University of Cincinnati (UC), Xavier. Local Attractions are Cincinnati Zoo, New port Aquarium, Bengals Football, Reds Baseball, Cincinnati Museum Center, B&B Riverboat, Kings Island, and the Argosy Casino. All rates are based on double occupancy, there is a $10 charge for each additional adult. Roll-away beds are available for a charge of $10/night, complimentary cribs are also available on first come first basis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.