“Didn't even get to stay” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   130 W. Mitchell Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45217 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #36 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
South Milford, Indiana, United States
“Didn't even get to stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I made a reservation for a 3 night stay in which I called the morning of and told them it would only be for 2 nights. The front desk told me no problem she would make the change and the confirmation number would stay the same. When I arrived to the front counter Sheldon said my reservations had been cancelled (very rude) and there was no rooms available. There was no help offered from the front desk with helping me find some where else to stay. Weeks later I found out they billed my credit card for one night stay even though I did not stay. I called their corporate office several times before a response back and then nothing was done. Bad customer service, no more Holiday Inn's for me.

Room Tip: Don't go to this Hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

It is a Holiday Inn and they try to keep it up, but more effort is needed. First of all, the location is horrible. I would not advise anyone to go looking for food or drinks in that area. I stayed here many times and never had a problem but I drag the place. There is a gas station right near the hotel. It is a good place to get water and soda, but the scenery is creepy. The hotel is run down and paint flakes off in bathrooms. Carpet could look better too. I was told that in 2010 they had a problem with bedbugs: I stayed their in 2010 and did not have a problem myself, but who knows, maybe the problematic rooms were isolated. Staff is overfriendly and dining area appeared clean to me.

Room Tip: There are a lot of hotels in Cincinnati. If you don't have to stay here, look around.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed at this hotel recently on business due to its close proximity to where I needed to be. However, I would not recommend it due to a few reasons:
The hallways smelled like smoke
The towels had a strong bleach scent
Out of four lights in the room, two were burnt
The lobby smelled like bleach
There was a constant transformer humming noise in my room, first I thought it was a bad light in the bathroom but when I turned the light the sound was still loud and clear

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Fall River, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

The nicest thing I have to say about staying at this hotel is that; at least I did not get killed walking to the Walgreens when I went to buy febreeze and deodorizers for my hotel room. This hotel is now the filthiest hotel I have ever had the misfortune of staying in.

First, the room STUNK of cigarettes. Despite the febreeze and scented candles I bought for the room, after 3 days, the room still stunk. I never unpacked my suitcase because I didn't want my clothes to stink. I opted for a wrinkled clothes look at the conference I was attending, rather than use the nasty iron/board they provided. The man at the front desk was nice enough, but did not offer me any room deodorizer when I complained of the stench.

Bedroom: There were stains of red smeared substance on the bed skirt. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed; there was visible dirt all over. The walls were yellow and the lower carpet trim on the walls was falling off. Much of the carpet near the window was wet for my entire 3 night stay. The t.v. had a white line through the screen when turned on (although that went away on the third night). The furniture was ragged with

Bathroom: The toilet had cigarette/burn marks on it, in addition to being generally dirty. I cleaned the toilet seat myself. The toilet clogged with nothing but 2 tissues in it. The shower head was dirty and turquiose with shmeg buildup. The floor was oily/greasy/slippery. The sink ....gross - the sink basin was not lined up with the counter top; the exposed space was black and crusty with filth.

Just plain gross.... every light switch, wall, nightstand.....etc DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Book at another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Great Hotel Great people working front desk , made it very easy to check in & out.
Had a lot of Idea's and Info about Cincinnati

Room Tip: Clean Room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Well when I reached at the location it did not look good but my room was top class, and they have flat screen TVA too...and great breakfast.overall had an excellent stay.will definitely go back

• Stayed May 2011
Westpoint, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

I reserved this hotel room in advance. When I arrived, there was such a terrible odor in the lobby that I didn't even take luggage up until I looked at the room. The floors had not been vacuumed, one bed had the bed made but with sheets had not been changed from previous visitor, the bathroom had not been cleaned and there was a q-tip in the toilet. I immediately went back downstairs and told the manager that the room was dirty and I did not wish to stay. He said he had to go up to the room to make sure I had not stolen anything. (Like I had been there less than 2 minutes and had taken nothing up that I could have hidden any stolen items in. Only when he returned did he give me a cancellation number. I suspect the next time I visit this area this hotel will no longer be associated with Holiday Inn. It cannot meet the barest minimum of their requirements.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!