“Great downtown dining in Cincinnati” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Local 127

Local 127
413 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)
513-721-1345
Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,702 restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Race
Haslemere, United Kingdom
“Great downtown dining in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is a fantastic restaurant with an ever changing menu comprised of an interesting mix of classic and contemporary dishes made with high quality ingredients cooked with flare and serves with style.

Last visit I had an excellent duck brest on lentils whilst my collegues swear that the smoke burger was exceptional.

Visit and be impressed by the European bistro vibe.

• Visited November 2012

87% Recommend
“On the edge of greatness. (Like only a couple blocks from the Great American Bsllpark.)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Homey stop the car. Good taps and even better "tapas" the Local 127 rocks.

Seriously stocked bar. Wonderful menu. And professional bar staff. This place will put a smile on your game-day or business face.

Toronto, Canada
“Excellent local fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The name indicates their specialty - locally sourced ingredients. The food was great, but the tile floor and higher ceilings make for a rather 'vibrant' atmosphere and when plates hit the tile, it's pretty loud. The kitchen appeared to be pretty busy that night, but the wait staff dealt with it by providing amuse bouche and friendly, attentive service. I would highly recommend this place for the food, especially when you have the time and are not looking for a quiet, intimate conversation.

Visited October 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Probably one the best restaurants in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Local 127 is definitely top notch. Went on a Saturday evening and it was quite crowded & noisey. However, food a service overshadowed the noise and crowd. We started with the House Smoked Trout, which I would highly recommend. It was so fresh it practically melted in your mouth. Then the 4 of us ordered a different entree which we all got to sample each other's dish. Each bite was an explosion of flavor in your mouth. Scallops were sweet and cooked to perfection. Cobia was light in texture and flavor, with an awesome caper sauce. Both the duck and the chicken were also very tastey. The sauces that went on each entree were fabulous! Our server was very knowledgable on the menu, however, it was very difficult to hear her due to the noise level but that said, I will still make Local 127 one of our favorite hot spot restaurants in Cincinnati!

• Visited November 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Tasty - high quality yet down to earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Local 127 is a great experience all around: the ambiance is fun, non-pretentious but playful in a classy way. We were asked upon being greeted if we had any time constraints,and when we told the hostess that we had a play in 2 hours, she made a note for our waiter to remind us with 45 minutes to go. I thought to myself - yeah right, I've heard that one before. Waiter was reminiscent of a high class establishment, where they know the ingredients, they know about food qualities, and their opinions are not based on what's the most expensive item on the menu. I decided to order two appetizers instead of an entree, as I sometimes do to taste the more unique stuff. My girlfriend ordered an entree, and as usual we shared: everything was delicious. I have eaten in many fine restaurants around the world, and Local 127 can hold its own quite well. Oh, and when we were 45 minutes away from our play, our waiter came to remind us of that - as promised. I was enjoying the food so much I almost forgot myself. I don't remember the last time that happened.

• Visited October 2012