“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jean-Robert's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,658 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cross street: 7th and Vine Streets
New Jersey
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My sister and I were in Cincinnati over the weekend. It was after 8 and we were looking for a restaurant near our hotel. The "pig" hanging in the doorway caught our eye and we entered Jean-Robert's. From the moment we entered we were impressed by the staff and the appearance of the restaurant. She ordered the burger and I had the tomato salad and beef tenderloin which were the specials. We both devoured our food and loved every bite. Everything was fresh and tasty. Definitely a place to eat when you are in Cincinnati!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Wonderful way to celebrate our anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We celebrated our anniversary here last night. We usually go to Boca or Capital Grill for special occasions, but wanted to try Jean-Roberts.

Atmosphere is very nice, more of a casual French Brasserie with a hint of Cincinnati. The restaurant is fairly small with a nice bar as you come in on the right. We waited just a few minutes for our table, which was a nice one in the "upper" part of the restaurant, not by the window but in a nice four top. I liked the feel of the place and the more casual feel.

Service was a high point. Our waiter was excellent. Attentive and helpful without being overbearing. In fact he made a great wine recommendation that was excellent. We prefer whites but didn't see a Sauvignon Blanc we were interested in. His recommendation was spot on, and we both loved the wine. Also nice and cold, and they didn't try and fill you glasses too quickly.

The food was excellent. My wife had the special which was halibut, and she was very happy with it. I had the duck and it was perfect. Cooked medium rare, which some places can't do quite as well. I had the rabbit appetizer and it was excellent. But a good variety of everything. We had the chocolate tart for desert and it was excellent.

Pricing was actually lower than I had expected! For a really nice restaurant I was very happy with the cost. A really great meal at a good price.

Best thing I can say is I will definitely return again.

Visited August 2014
cincinnati
“Good; not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Had high expectations about 'Table', mainly stemming from Jean Robert's reputation. It's a nice place; cozy, not fancy. Our waiter was competent and efficient, if not overly warm.
Both my wife's and my main courses were good, not great. I expected more, considering the reputation. The appetizers we had, and the bread, were excellent, as was our wine.
I'd probably go again but won't run back

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Better than ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We have been eating Jean Robert's food ever since he came to Cincinnati. It has been good but we have always had some reservations. These have often been minor and have varied over the years. Over the past year or so things have improved and it is now our favorite place to eat in the city. The atmosphere is pleasant with a nice buzz; the screamers seem to be eating elsewhere. The service is now excellent. The wine guy is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic and the wine list much improved and fairly priced.
The food, always the strength, is better than ever. A recent meal of lobster salad and duck breast was excellent. Can't remember what I had for desert but I have tried most of them and they are not to be missed. I try to avoid the burger and mac n' cheese for health reasons but both are superb. We now have a very experienced French chef at the top of his game cooking in the classic French style.
With increased competition crowds are thinning out so reservations are easy. For my money it's the best place to eat in town.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grimes, Iowa
“Pretty good, but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We split a foi gras appetizer special which was pretty good. We had the duck breast and filet entrees which were pretty good. For desserts, we had Duo of Mousse and Classic Crème Brulee which were excellent. The service was very good. It is located next to a convenience store which is a little odd.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere