“As good as it gets in Cincinnati” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jean-Robert's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,747 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th and Vine Streets
Chicago,IL
“As good as it gets in Cincinnati”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had a lovely meal here. The food was well prepared. My only caveat was the long, long list of "specials" that our waiter had to recite. Why? Just so the waiter doesn't get rusty in memorizing things, I guess. I mean, the list of specials was longer than the menu itself. I personally think it's ridiculous. I had to ask him to repeat things several times. At least 3 dishes sounded exactly the same. Then I have to ask, how much is that? how much is this? Pain in the butt. AND they were out of the only dish that had truffles.
All in all, we had a good time, and everyone was happy with their selections. The crab salad I still remember vividly. The wine list was well curated. Nice choice for a splurge.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

lexington, ky
“Very Fine Dining on a Budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We live in Lexington KY and have relatives in Central Ohio, therefor we are always looking for something interesting to do or somewhere unusual to dine on the trip. I saw Jean Robert's on another blog and decided to try their "lunch tray special" it is a four course one price lunch that is served in the bar all at one time on a tray for $14.00. For the price it was fantastic but not filling. I guess I'm not quite French. However, observing the other entrees and salads I am convinced we will return to dine off the regular menu. By the way the baguettes reminded me of the ones we have when we visit in-laws in Cannes. I asked who bakes them and was told that they are flown in daily from NYC. Just a small detail that was not overlooked.

If you are looking for an authentic French bistro I suggest you stop here give yourself plenty of time and by the way the parking meters are $2 per hour. Bon appetit!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Always a favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I frequent this restaurant probably more than any other in Cincinnati. The food is always high quality and very consistent. And, there is almost always something a little unusual on the menu, which I tend to gravitate towards. The service is always excellent and the wait staff is very knowledgeable about the menu and specials. It's an easy walk from the downtown hotels and the Aronoff so the location is excellent. There is valet parking but there is also a convenient city parking lot right across the street.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati, OH
“Outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Took our sister her for her birthday and they did not disappoint. Every morsel was delicious and perfectly cooked. Appetizers, wine, entrees and sides, dessert for all 3 of us. The menu is incredibly creative and appealing. My husband said his mouth was watering as our server reviewed the extensive list of daily specials. Salad special, rabbit confit and surf and turf tartar all delicious apps. Beef special, scallops and halibut with their sauces (offered separately for each plate) were each so suited to the dish. Crème brulee - a family favorite - as good as any we've had. After dinner we all agreed 5 stars, no reluctance. Have read a few negative reviews and we don't get it. We are all 3 true foodies, dined around the world at fine restaurants, and Jean-Robert's table stood up to the best we've experienced. We actually sat and tried to come up with any flaw and couldn't find one, including the excellent professional service provide by Alice. Even had the fun of seeing Cris Collinsworth dining there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati, Ohio
“#1 restaurant for creative fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I've had the pleasure of dining here frequently for lunch and dinner and am consistently pleased with my choice. Lunch is a best kept secret, especially if you have business to conduct. The food is inventive and tasty - everything I've tried is great! And the service is very professional and high quality. Definitely choose for special occasions!

Visited June 2013