“Very good, not perfect” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jean-Robert's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,747 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th and Vine Streets
“Very good, not perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I had a very good dinner, and in particular I would call out Jean-Robert's always excellent sense of flavor. I think one of his hallmarks is interesting use of ingredients to create interesting, balanced and nuanced flavors. The service was excellent as well. My only gripe is that my food temperatures weren't right. Both my appetizer (which was supposed to be hot) and entree were lukewarm, and I always find this annoying. A high end restaurant like this needs to get food out of the kitchen and served hot, no excuses.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Central Florida, Florida
“Best in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Jean-Robert's Table now the best dining in Cincinnati (apart from Jeff Ruby's Carlo & Johnney) since we lost those 5-star venues. Superb cuisine.

Visited March 2013
Cincinnati
“fun with food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had a wonderful, romantic meal. The food was glorious. I started with the stuffed squab wrapped in pastry. The pastry was perfect and the squab was something I have never had but loved the rich, gamey flavor. My wife had the oxtail ravioli which we had read was a top dish. It was very good, but the pasta was not perfect (a little dry). The entrees were amazing combination of flavors. The duck, like the squab, was perfectly prepared. The short ribs were very good. I especially enjoyed the pairing with figs, wilted greens, and squash. For dessert, my wife had the creme brûlée which was very good. I had the Napoleon with strawberries. The dark chocolate gelato was good, but the rest needed more cream.

High point:
- every dish was paired with a reduction sauce.
- the pairing of flavors in each dish was excellent
-presentation

not so good
- deserts - few options and not great
- service -ok but not great. no personality, slow, I expect more at a great restaurant
-wines by the glass - not good
- Absinthe -I wanted to see the preparation but it was done at the bar and not at the table.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“My favorite in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

John Robert opened this restaurant in order to be a bit less "high end" than his Pigall's restaurant was. While the prices have dropped a bit, I would say the food is still just as wonderful and well prepared as it was in Pigalls. The decor of the restaurant is so inviting and cozy, it's really gorgeous. The service is very attentive and knowledgable (interesting that most of his PIgall's staff followed him here, tells a lot about him). The food is basically French, but not complicated. I would say that the only thing that doesn't always hit the spot with me is the desserts. They are good, but they don't always match the excellence of the main meal. J-R is a huge asset to Cincinnati and I hope he will always stay around.

Visited March 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Lorie M”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Table has good food, immaculate presentation, excellent service and a lovely downtown location and the owner/chef has an impeccable reputation

Visited July 2012