“Wonderful service, great food, fair price” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jean-Robert's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,729 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th and Vine Streets
Helena, Montana
“Wonderful service, great food, fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We took our daughter and friends to dinner for her birthday. Our group of six had drinks, wine, hors d'oeuvres, salad, entre and even some desserts and the total bill was still under $500. The service was extraordinary, accomodating but inobtrusive. The food was very good--not especially unique but very well prepared and delicious. (The menu is ala carte.) For an upscale feel with a moderate price, this is a great choice.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A taste of Europe in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

While there are a few authentically European restaurants in Cincinnati, this is definitely among the top. I lived in Europe for many years, and have been traveling there for work for many years. So I like to pick out the real menus from the imitations.

Visited November 2011
Cincinnati
“I was sick and it was still awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband took me for my birthday last year.... I was under the weather. We had to wait awhile for our table even though we had reservations. We had a booth table by the window which was lovely. The food was wonderful and the "vibe" was awesome too.

Visited December 2011
New York
“Disappointing (especially if you have high expectations!)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

What a disappointment! We were looking forward to trying this place after reading the reviews! We were a table of 4. Three of the four appetizers were really good but the 4th one (seared fois gras special) was raw. My husband sent it back & EVENTUALLY got another one that was better but the texture just wasn't very good. For our 4 entrees, only 1 was good... The blue cheese burger of all things. The rack of lamb was almost raw & the veggies served with it were awful! The duck was WAY under done & on the pork 3 ways, the pork belly was also WAY under done (which is gross when it's not crispy). The lamb & duck were impossible to cut through. I know we should have sent them back but we already waited an eternity for our sent back appetizer!! There was no way were chancing ordering dessert here after such a bad meal! We REALLY wanted to like this place!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Florida
“Loved the restaurant, loved the art, only liked the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Jean-Robert's restaurant is very fun, good wine list - the art work is amazing and works so well with the decor. But you can't eat the art work. While the menu sounded wonderful, I thought some of the food disappointing. The arugula salad with ham and melon was wonderful and the heirloom tomato salad looked delightful as well, however both were specials, so I wouldn't expect them to be there again necessarily. I had the Parmesan crusted sole with ratatouille and couscous with a basil cream sauce. I realize sole can be a little bland, but I expected a nice crispy, crusty Parmesan coating which didn't happen. The whole dish just didn't deliver. My husband raved about the mussels, but I couldn't tell anything too special about them. The service was excellent, and except for the $40 veal medallion dish, I thought the prices quite fair. I just couldn't really recommend this as an outstanding place that, due to Jean-Robert's reputation in Cincinnati, you would expect. I would go back, but I would be pretty picky about what I selected for dinner. Oh, the creme brulee was exceptional!!!! Best part of the meal.

• Visited August 2012