“Loved the restaurant, loved the art, only liked the food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jean-Robert's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,663 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th and Vine Streets
Gainesville, Florida
“Loved the restaurant, loved the art, only liked the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Jean-Robert's restaurant is very fun, good wine list - the art work is amazing and works so well with the decor. But you can't eat the art work. While the menu sounded wonderful, I thought some of the food disappointing. The arugula salad with ham and melon was wonderful and the heirloom tomato salad looked delightful as well, however both were specials, so I wouldn't expect them to be there again necessarily. I had the Parmesan crusted sole with ratatouille and couscous with a basil cream sauce. I realize sole can be a little bland, but I expected a nice crispy, crusty Parmesan coating which didn't happen. The whole dish just didn't deliver. My husband raved about the mussels, but I couldn't tell anything too special about them. The service was excellent, and except for the $40 veal medallion dish, I thought the prices quite fair. I just couldn't really recommend this as an outstanding place that, due to Jean-Robert's reputation in Cincinnati, you would expect. I would go back, but I would be pretty picky about what I selected for dinner. Oh, the creme brulee was exceptional!!!! Best part of the meal.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Always solid and creative, sometimes a little pretentious.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Three of our last 4 meals have been perfect. Unfortunately, our last was not. Our main courses came out a touch over cooked. Any other lesser restaurant we would have not sent it back, but we expect more from Jean-Robert. They remade our meals but the front of the house manager came out and informed us that the meals we sent back were "prepared to perfection". That was completely unnecessary and spoiled our evening. We won't be back for a while. We hope you have a better experience.

Visited March 2012
cincinnati
“wedding anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The food is the best!!! Love the atomosphere. It's like being back in France again. You are made to feel special.

Visited December 2011
Media, PA
“Still looking for a great dining experience in Cincinnati other than the wonderful Orchid Room at the Hilton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

The Table is not what it has been rated. We visit family in Ohio fromtime to time, and have still only found one great restaurant in the state and that is the Orchid Room at the Hilton. The food at the table was average at best. We are still looking for fine options in.Cincinnatti.

Cincinnati
“Wonderful French Inspired Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Love going there and enjoying the creative cuisine of Jean-Robert!

Visited January 2012