“Really good food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Poste is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 1,747 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Eclectic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ludlow
Description: Strolling the ever-energetic and eclectic streets of Clifton's Gaslight District, you will find our expansive and bright wall of windows just around the corner from the Esquire Theater. We are located on Telford Street in one of Cincinnati's most vibrant neighborhoods speckled with unique shops and galleries. Valet parking is available for your convenience. Friendly greetings and the heavenly aromas of Chef Andrew Mersmann's fare are waiting for you...
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Really good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I went here for Valentine's Day. I had never even heard of it before trying to find something different for dinner. The food was absolutely fantastic. We had two of the salads, followed by some excellent mussels with a broth that I wanted to gulp down. I had the duck breast for my entree and my wife had the risotto. The duck breast was cooked perfectly. The root vegetable puree and faux gras sauce were great accompaniments. Our service was top notch. The tables were spaced out nicely so other conversations didn't interrupt ours.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cold Spring, Kentucky
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had never heard of La Poste before eating here with my Mom back in February. It was definitely one of the better meals I've had in the city of Cincinnati though. Everything was great, from the service to the food and to the wine, it was definitely a very good meal. Our server helped us figure out what we wanted to order and even had me try a meal that I wouldn't have normally ate and it ended up being absolutely amazing. I would recommend this place to couples or friends for an intimate, nice dinner out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A Clifton Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Thank goodness this place is in Clifton so we can get away from Indian food for a moment. It is a beautiful restaurant, the service is excellent and attentive without being overbearing, the wine list is superb, and the food is extremely well prepared. I've never been disappointed at La Poste, neither has anyone I know.

Visited March 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great menu, food, service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went to La Poste prior to our playhouse in the park show. We told the server upon arriving that we needed to be out of there by 7:30. It was only 6pm. We promptly ordered after looking over the diverse and very interesting menu, and great specials. We received a free appetizer prior to our orders. However our main meals took a long time. It was after 7pm when we reminded the server of our timeline. We just didn’t want to have to rush through eating our meals. That said, the meals came out and everyone ate everything on their plates. We also received a free dessert that was to DIE for. Overall, I’d say this was a pleasant experience and we’ll go back to sample some other dishes.

I also wanted to note, that while I gave this a ($$$$), I ordered two appetizers for my meal and that was really inexpensive, but the main dishes are all over $25, with the specials at $40.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“V day in 5 courses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The special valentine day 5 courses menu, was how a 5 courses menu should always be. We travelled through 5 plates, surprising our palates, beautifully presented, with an exceptional selection of wine pairing.
The restaurant is divided in two sections, with one which is much more private and romantic than the other..

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere