This will most likely be the longest review I will do. We have stayed at Marriotts all over the world. This was by far the best experience I've ever had.
We checked in on a Saturday afternoon, spent one night in the room, and woke up the next morning with congestion. The room smelled a bit musty. Due to both my boyfriend and I having allergies we asked to switch rooms. The front desk was accommodating and said they would call when a room was ready. They moved me to a room that was a different layout, so called down to request a room with the same layout I had been in. They told me I just had to wait until one was available. The general manager actually came up to help me move my stuff.
The rooms are HUGE. The kitchens have everything you could need, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, garbage disposal and lots of space. The living room could accommodate comfortably 6 to 8 people. The bedroom is also huge. We were on the 11th floor and had great views of the city.
The second or third night we were there, we sat outside on the patio and had the fire lit. It was amazing! The only negative I can give is that the fire has to be out by 10 pm due to complaining neighbors. The food and beverage manager Tiffany was very accommodating and even gave us a sneak peak of of the rooftop bar that is opening soon. The views up there were amazing.
The breakfast spreads were awesome! Lots of food choices and everything tasted great! During the week they have nightly free meals. We never tried any of them, but friends said they were excellent.
The last night we were there, we ate at the Phelps bar. I wish we had tried their food sooner. The food was amazing! The fries have parmesan cheese sprinkled on them, which gives them an amazing taste. The chicken avocado sandwich was also delicious. We also tried some of their recommended drinks, all were great.
Other things..... the elevators were fast, even with only two of them. The gym is small, but their equipment is well taken care of and each piece of equipment has its own TV. They provide disposable earphones in case you forgot yours. The snack area is well stocked. The valet guys are friendly and helpful. The front desk staff always kindly greets you and treat you like you are a VIP customer, which I should note, this was the week of a tennis tournoment. Serena Williams (who BTW is NOT friend at ALL!) Anna Kournikova, roy McAvoy, Maria Sharapova were all guest in the hotel while we were there, we were treated in the same manner they were.
Chief Ken who works in the morning, was friendly and would come out and joke around with us each day.
The only negative I could see for people who don't like to walk, is this hotel is about a 15 minute walk from downtown. For me, I enjoyed that walk, seeing the city and being able to take in the sights. There is a BEAUTIFUL park directly across the street from the hotel.
Our 6 day stay at this hotel was by far the best hotel experience I've ever had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in the historic Phelps Building in the heart of downtown Cincinnati's business district, the all-new Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown offers Cincinnati hotel accommodations that blend old-world splendor with modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown Hotel Cincinnati
- Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown Ohio