“One of the best hotels in Downtown Cincinnati!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown to your Saves list
Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   506 East 4th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
“One of the best hotels in Downtown Cincinnati!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

As a consistent traveler to Cincinnati, I have to say that this has been my very best hotel experience out of all my visits here. I arrived at the hotel at 10:00 am and not only did they have a room ready but they gave me an upgraded room free of charge. My room was perfectly clean, roomy and comfortable. The service here is impeccable and the staff is some of the friendliest I've encountered in all my travel. I will make this Residence Inn my only hotel for all future stays in Cincinnati.

• Stayed June 2013

271 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We spent several nights at this hotel. The staff greeted you every time you came through the door. The room in the 2 bedroom unit we were in was fresh and spacious. The breakfast was exceptionally well done for a 'free breakfast.' It was more like a restaurant meal with waffles, excellent scrambled eggs, juice yogurt and fruit. The cooks who prepared the food and the staff who bussed the tables showed pride in what they do. The people who worked the valet service and who did concierge were helpful and courteous. The front desk staff were helpful and they involved the manager when unusual things were required. This hotel exceeded my expectations in every respect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New Brunswick Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great location, rooms, lobby and patios. Very friendly staff for the most part with the exception of one more junior valet/ bellman who appeared to be a tad off task.
I would highly recommend the hotel and I can see why it's ranked number 1.
Very safe location and close to everything.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were so amazed by the way these people went above and beyond in every facet of their jobs! The valet, the people working the breakfast room, the front desk, everyone was so friendly and eager to help out. It was awesome! I don't know where they found so many kind people but it was a great stay and if we are in Cincy again this is where we will stay.

Room Tip: Ignore my room service click, we didn't get any but i couldnt "unclick" it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Heidi,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you found our team to be amazing. We truly have a great group of people hear at the hotel that just wants to make our guests happy and I am very happy to hear that you felt that way.
We look for to your next trip to Cincinnati and getting another chance to wow you!

Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights as a weekend get away. The staff were very helpful in suggesting things to do and made sure we were happy with our room. Each room has complimentary wi-if which was nice and they had a wonderful breakfast each morning. We were not aware that the hotel offered the free breakfast and we were pleasantly surprised. The location is great. We walked every where and it was very easy to get to newport either by trolley or walking via the purple people bridge. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. I am excited to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and the complimentary amenities we offer to be enjoyable. It is also great to hear that you found it easy to get to the main attractions in the city from the hotel.

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family of four stayed here for two nights in a 2 bed/2 bath over Memorial Day weekend. I felt like we were in an oasis in the city! Taste of Cincinnati was literally right out the back door of the hotel, but we were never bothered by the people or the noise. Lytle Park is right across the street if your kids want to toss a ball; nice to look out the windows at green space, too! There is a terrace with seating overlooking the park, all along the front of the hotel (looked very comfortable, but we were too busy to stop and try it out.) We also walked to two Reds games, and it was a nice shady stroll just a few blocks west -- very convenient. Head a couple of blocks south and east, and you're at Sawyer Point and the Serpentine Wall. I enjoyed being away from the chaos of Fountain Square.

The room itself was divine, on the 10th floor with a view of the river and park. Spacious! All four of us could comfortably relax in the living room to watch TV (and the screen was HUGE!) Not once were we disturbed by noise from other guests, and I'm sure the hotel was quite full for the holiday weekend. The beds were extremely comfortable, and I'm actually considering going online and buying the Marriott Pillows. They were great. After the first night, one of my sons said "That's the best I've ever slept in a hotel." High praise, indeed.

The best thing about the hotel, however, is the staff. They were ALL friendly and helpful. And to me, the attitude of the staff can make or break a hotel stay -- I've been to beautiful hotels where the staff were rude or disinterested, and it makes for a miserable stay. The buffet staff made a long wait in the breakfast line pleasant. The valets were extremely nice and efficient (I was literally shocked at how quickly our car appeared when we were leaving.) And the front desk personnel were so warm and genuine; I love that they came out from behind the desk to talk to you, whether it was at check-in or just during a trip through the lobby. I felt like a person here, not just a room number.

Room Tip: 1010 is a corner two-bedroom suite with great views!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the amazing review of our hotel. I am very happy you hear that we helped make a holiday weekend that much more enjoyable for you and your family. I thank you for the great comments about the suite and the exceptional comments about the entire team, they are great!

We look forward to your next stay with us and creating another memorable experience for you!

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had a great experience staying in this hotel for a business trip. The location is perfect, walking distance from everything. The rooms are very spacious and the fully equipped kitchen is really great.
Awesome customer care, best staff I ever met.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank for the great review of our hotel. I am very happy to hear you found our suites to be spacious and well-appointed and that our customer service was the best you have ever received! I assure you we will keep up the great work.

We look forward to your next visit to Cincinnati.

david.meisner@marriott.com

Been to Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown? Share your experiences!