My husband and I stayed 2 nights along with our college age daughter for the Flying Pig Marathon 2013 weekend. We were astonished by how beautiful the hotel is as well as how wonderful everyone in the hotel treated us. From the moment we pulled up to the curb to the moment we walked out the door and drove away, everyone in the hotel greeted us with GENUINE kindness and smiles! I had booked a king suite but since our daughter ended up staying with us (she's a UC student and thought she might stay at her campus house, but when she saw the beautiful accommodations, she had a quick change of heart), we decided once we entered the room, due to our visit and needing a good nights rest to race the next day, we would need two queens. We called down to the desk and they immediately found us a 2 bedroom with 2 Kings and brought us up our new keys!! I was so thrilled not to have to sleep in a queen with my hubby because hotel queen beds feel like twin beds especially when you are exhausted....Plus added bonus, our daughter got her own bedroom and bath!! We could of stayed here for at least a week, if not longer!! The rooms are very clean and comfortable which was so wonderful for a great nights sleep prior to our big race day and afterwards exhausted!! The entire staff was welcoming and kind...they encouraged us as we left for the race, praised us as we returned, and bent over backwards to make us feel welcome! I can't say enough about every employee. The valet parking was so speedy, I think they could of won the marathon! The location is perfect and our walk was a perfect quick warmup for our race! The only issue was the front desk at check in told us breakfast buffet didn't open until 7 either Saturday or Sunday. They did have water, coffee, fruit, bagels and yogurt bright and early Sunday AND Saturday they did have the entire breakfast open stocked full hot ready to eat by 7am for us...I just wish I would of went a few minutes earlier as I'm sure they had things ready...instead we rushed and ate real quickly on our way out the door! All in all....food was great....NO complaints at all! The best hotel experience....and my husband travels on business quite often! We've stayed at several upscale hotels and The Residence Inn Cincy outshines them with their true hospitality, kindness and accommodations!
Thank you so very much for a wonderful birthday/marathon weekend! I tried to book for next years race just now, but the web site only books thru April 2014!! Will check back next month!! See y'all maybe sooner...I hope!! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in the historic Phelps Building in the heart of downtown Cincinnati's business district, the all-new Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown offers Cincinnati hotel accommodations that blend old-world splendor with modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown Hotel Cincinnati
- Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown Ohio