“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown to your Saves list
Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   506 East 4th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings - 15% Off
Ranked #1 of 47 hotels in Cincinnati
Houston, TX
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is definitely all it's cracked up to be. When I arrived, hotel staff were right there, waiting to greet me and everyone else. Honestly, it's like they have their head sticking out of the door just waiting and looking for you in anticipation. They are very friendly and genuine and like a breath of fresh air for a weary traveler. The lobby is nicely appointed and so is the bar/eating area. The workout room was very nice and located conveniently near the elevators. I really liked the location of the fitness room because it was close to everything else (and not far from the front desk) instead of somewhere in the "cut" or bowels of the building like at many hotels. I workout late at night, so being close to the action definitely makes me feel safer.

My room was very clean and I had no complaints there. The towels were clean and every surface looked like it had been thoroughly wiped down. I had a nice view of the river in my room too. And of course, the room was huge!

One drawback is that there is not a ready supply of cabs waiting when you leave. It is about a one mile walk to the main downtown area. So whenever I needed to leave, I let the front desk know I needed a cab and they called for one - so prepare for at least a 5 minute wait for a cab. I did end up meeting a great cab driver named Ed - he promised to pick me up whenever I called and he was there as promised (on time). So when I go back, I plan to call him to make sure I have a cab ready and waiting for me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I am excited to learn that you found our team to be not just friendly but genuine in the service they provide. Our team truly seeks to make every guest experience a pleasant one and it is very exciting to hear we accomplished that with your stay. It is also great to hear that you found your suite to very clean and the suite amenities met your needs. Our team takes a great deal of pride in offering a clean and well maintained hotel product and I assure you we will continue to ensure we have that same passion for cleanliness moving forward.

I am sorry to hear that the cab situation was a drawback for you. We will continue to work with local cab companies to minimize the wait time for our guests and to ensure they can get around town comfortably and on time.

We definitely look forward to your next stay and providing you another great hotel experience!

244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
East Patchogue, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Another business trip to the Queen City. This hotel is not as centrally located as my prior favorite (the Westin in front of Fountain Square) but it was cleaner and quieter. It's only an extra 5 minute walk from the Federal Building than the other hotel. Easy access to the highways but I never heard the traffic. Great views of Lytle Park. My room had thick walls - I felt like I was the only person on the floor even though the hotel was packed. Unlike many Residence Inns I've stayed in that felt "worn", this one felt brand new (renovations ended in 2011). The rooms were spacious as are most Residence Inns. This one had luxurious bed linens and thick warm towels. And, of course, I enjoyed the Paul Mitchell toiletries. :) The valet, front desk, kitchen and housekeeping staff were great. Breakfast was the usual Marriott fare but oatmeal was cooked exactly how I liked it - every day. For the evening social hour, the cook circulated in the dining room to make sure everything was good - their personal touch made a difference. I appreciated the great service from everyone but most importantly how consistent it was for the entire stay. Now, I understand why this hotel sells out quickly and will make sure to book well in advance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Lytle Park on a high floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for the amazing review and thank you for making us your new Cincinnati home away from home. I am truly excited to hear you found your entire experience from our suite to our service to our food and beverage offerings to be excellent. We strive for perfection in all these areas and I assure we won't let up on our intensity to provide perfection.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Spent the weekend at this two year-old hotel in a vintage building in downtown Cincinnati. While there we hosted a birthday party for a friend in a room off the hotel bar. The friendly hotel staff went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating, and the party was a big success. The suites on the top floors are huge and comfortable. Many of them have great views of downtown Cincinnati and the Ohio River. Situated in a relatively quiet area of downtown, overlooking the river and a park, and just down the street from the Taft Museum, the hotel has a great setting. Only drawback is that it is a bit removed from the heart of downtown, so there aren't a lot of restaurants nearby. Aside from that, it's a great place and we would readily stay there again.

Room Tip: Go for a suite if you can. Ask for one facing the river.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the excellent review! We are all very happy to hear that we were able to help make your friend's birthday party a success. Our staff truly embraces our goal of providing the best service in the nation and it is great to hear that you found our team to be as helpful and accommodating as you did.

We hope that your travels will bring you back to Cincinnati and that you will once again get an opportunity to experience our great hotel.

Kochav Yair
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

At hte heart of downtown Cincinnati / business district, facing the Head office of P&G impressive twin towers. This hotel offers amazingly big mini apartments but with full hotel service. The hotel is well kept, staff is as friendly as it gets and I strongly reccomend. I've been their 4 times already and will keep on staying their whenever in the neibourhood.

Room Tip: All rooms have good location, no need for a special location in order to enjoy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review and thank you for making us your home away from home! We certainly look forward to your 5th stay with us!

Lambertville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We booked the Residence Inn in Cincy because we were looking for a nice hotel where we could get a suite with separate bedroom because we had our 21 year old with us. I am always a little leery of these types of hotels, as they tend to be pretty basic with no personality or appeal, but it had what we needed and available so I booked it. Boy, oh, boy was I surprised. This is a beautiful hotel set in a historic building with views of Lytle Park, the Taft museum and the ballpark on a quiet but very convenient side of town. We were able to walk to the entertainment district in Over the Rhine and around Fountain Square. It is even in walking distance to Newport via the walking bridge across the Ohio River. It has a nice full service bar in the lobby and a very courteous staff all around.

The breakfast was definitely adequate. Not the largest or best selection I have seen, but certainly has something for everyone's taste.

There were only a couple minor details that I see could be improved upon. 1. the furniture in the living room was not the most comfortable and had bit of an institutional feel to it. The pull out bed was not horrible as they can be, and we did not feel the bar, but when folded back into the couch, the couch was not great. 2. I always think it is a nice thing, and aded touch to have bottled water in the room upon arrival. This may sound picky, but I travel a lot, and you never know how the local water is out of the tap. A bottle is nice to have upon arrival.

Other than the little detail above, this is a fantastic hotel - especially for the money. I will definitely use this hotel on my future stays in Cincinnati. Bravo!

The room was well appointed with a vert nice sized and well equipped kitchen, large bathroom off the bedroom and ample space for the family to lounge and relax.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience while staying with us. We are very happy to hear that we were able to provide a nice surprise with our beautiful historic building and that you found our suites to be spacious and well appointed.

Thank you for sharing your comments about the sofa bed and the bottle water, it is truly the feedback of our guest that continue to ensure we are addressing and proactively providing all the necessities for a comfortable and enjoyable stay and I assure you your feedback will be used to make our hotel a better place for all of our guests.

We look forward to your next trip to Cincinnati and your next stay with us.

Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Residence Inn in downtown Cincinnati is the perfect place to stay when visiting for events in the Northern KY/Cincinnati area. It is within walking distance of a lot of great restaurants and a short drive to other favorites in the area. Most have valet parking. Of particular note is that you have to pay a fee for parking at the hotel. Your car is taken by a valet to parking behind the hotel. That is a minor inconvenience. The hotel’s rooms are very spacious with kitchens that have a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, two burner counter top range, and microwave. Views out of the room vary from looking at adjacent buildings to parks so if you prefer a certain view you should request on your reservation request. The staff does everything they can to accommodate the guests. For families there is no pool so you should take this into consideration if you want one to give the children play time. We are emty nesters so that is not an issue for us.There is a full bar and pub grub but the normal Residence Inn complimentary breakfast is available. The breakfast is good and made by chef/cooks who circulate during the breakfast meal. This is our second time staying at this Residence Inn and our experience has been great both times. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: As stated above if you want a specific view put it in your reservation request. The last time we loo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you again for sharing your feedback on your hotel experience, it was great to get a chance to meet and speak with you before you departed. We are very excited that your second stay was a success and we truly look forward to your third stay with us! I assure you we will continue to fine-tune our operation and make the third stay even better.

Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I love this place! My husband and I recently stayed for a night to attend a concert in Newport - and we wished we could have stayed longer! The hotel is lovely and in a quiet part of downtown, yet in walking distance to a lot of restaurants, bars, etc. It was a quick taxi ride to Newport. The building appeared historical but everything on the inside has been impeccably renovated and seemed sparkling new. All of the staff we encountered were incredibly friendly. The suite was large with a sitting area and full kitchen, and a separate bedroom. Nice bathroom, super comfortable bed, great breakfast buffet in the morning. The Residence Inn gets two thumbs from me, and we can't wait to come back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. We are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and most importantly that you found our staff to be friendly and our suites to comfortable and spacious. It is also great to hear that you enjoyed the building itself, I would have to agree that it is a great balance of old world character and modern amenities.

We look forward to your next trip to Cincinnati!

david.meisner@marriott.com

Been to Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown? Share your experiences!