“Best Residence Inn I've Stayed In” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown

You added Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown to your Saves list
Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   506 East 4th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Best Residence Inn I've Stayed In”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had the privilege of staying in this hotel for about two months while working a contract in Cincinnati. And, I've got to say, this is by far the best Residence I've stayed in - and I've stayed in a lot.

Here are the pros:
- Extremely friendly staff
- HUGE rooms
- Decent-sized kitchens in the rooms
- Comfortable beds
- Above average fitness center
- Quality breakfast

Here are the cons:
- Windows are older, so they're a bit drafty and let in freeway noise
- No easy options for self-parking

The cons aside, I'd definitely stay here again if I'm brought back to Cincinnati.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your great review of the hotel. A two month stay can seem like an eternity at a hotel and I am very excited to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and the rooms to be comfortable for a long term stay. I will absolutely take your comments about the windows into consideration and see what can be done to rectify that drafty issue as well as minimizing traffic noise.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the city.

david.meisner@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Good: Great spot if you want to walk to downtown or to Newport. A longer walk but still generally doable to the stadiums. Large rooms, clean. Good breakfast and generally very friendly/helpful staff, especially the morning staff/doormen/breakfast people. Gym was better than average for a Residence Inn but the machines are showing some age and have a funky dual set of controls for the TVs which makes it a little unwieldy. Not a deal breaker though.

The misses: .Not much in close location unless you want to eat at the bar, where service was only OK at best, prices are sort of high and selection is limited. Other dinner eateries are at least several blocks away or you need to walk across the river. Only two smaller elevators for this 10 floor building also means you may be waiting a while, particularly in the morning rush. About half the rooms overlook the very busy main highway, and while windows were pretty good, you will still hear trucks all night if you end up on this side. Computer stations are archaic and burdened with this all-in-one package of hardware and limited software that make any substantive work cumbersome. Worse, the music loudspeakers tend to blare into the little computer cubby making it difficult to hear anything through the tinny speakers, and are not adjustable so the staff could not balance the noise elsewhere.

Biggest issue though was the lack of water bottles provided in the rooms. I guess I have gotten used to city hotels recognizing that many people will not want to drink the water. Water bottles are available in the little shop, and are generally provided free to guests who ask. But be advsied, not everyone gets the message, so if you prefer not to drink the city water or in your coffee, be prepared to be accosted by the rude mall cop and night desk staff. Once I pointed out the as a platinum i was entitled to free water it was finally provided, but not without a hassle - and no amount of water would wash away the bad taste i got from that experience. Some desk staff need remedial hospitality training, one guy even shouted out my room number.

Frankly, I would consider other places. People gush about the quality of the lobby finish work, but that only does so much for me. If you are a Marriott person, look across the river at the Marriott river center, If you don't follow the brands, there is a Westin and a Hilton closer to the parks and dinner

Room Tip: Get a mid level floor away from facing the highway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on the hotel. It is absolutely the feedback of our guests that continue to keep us moving forward and focused on improving on all fronts. There are definitely a handful of experiences you had that are disappointing to me and are unacceptable and I will personally address them. The business center computers and music volume will be addressed to ensure we provide a better experience while our guests utilize that area. The consistency of experience we provide through each staff engagement is key to the consistency of the overall guest experience. I assure you I will personally re-inspect that each team member is focused on providing the same high level service to each and every guest at every engagement.

My sincere apology that we were not able to provide a better all-around experience for you but I assure you your feedback will be used to improve our hotel, our service and our product.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The residence Inn, located in the historic Lytle Park is a building renovated with the most modern amenities a traveler could ask for. The hotel is not very big as its facade stays in style with its surroundings, but you wont be disappointed with any the the hotel offers.

The hotel is not boastful, it just gets the job done in style. Very new, clean design makes you feel like you'l be well taken care of. The service staff is very helpful and friendly and try to meet all guests needs. The suites are excellent with kitchen, living/dining space and bedroom or two. Wifi is strong and there are outlets in all the right places. The breakfast although simple is full of choices from make your own waffles eggs, cereal, etc. Again, not boastful or grand, but really good. There is a nice bar area with daily happy hour for guests and a back deck with fire pit for lounging.

Two things I think they skimped on are the exercise facility and business center. For long stay travelers, a larger more equipped gym would be a huge delighter and the business center is a couple of computers in the hallway. Both could have used more consideration. Another downside is that the hotel is not located in the center of the city. You can walk to where the action is, but there are several hotels closer. With that said, it is VERY easy to get in and out of the hotel which I cannot say about the Westin, the Marquee hotel in Cincinnati.

Overall, if traveling to Cincinnati, I would definitely stay at the Residence Inn again. The modern conveniences, service and lower overall price to the Westin and Hilton make it great choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. It is great to hear you enjoyed the guest suite product and the staff services the hotel has to offer; we truly pride ourselves on providing a great experience for each and every guest.

I truly appreciate your feedback on our Fitness Center and our Business Center and I assure you we will go back to the drawing board to see what we can do to both to make them more conducive to a long term stay.

Thank you again and we look forward to being your hotel of choice if your travels bring you back to Cincinnati.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Having stayed at most all of the large downtown Cincinnati hotels, ( including the new 21C museum hotel ), I decided to try this property. Front desk, valet park/bellman, breakfast room staff--all top notch, friendly, and trained in hosptiality, the best I have encountered in any Cincinnati stay anywhere. Good location away from downtown noise, altho' our 1 bedroom suite faced the freeway and we had some traffic noise. Next time I will ask for the other side of the hotel for the most quiet. Full size kitchen and very comfortable bed. I get ' green initiatives ' at hotels when it comes to bed linens and towels, but when I fold all used towels over the tub to be replaced and I return to find them rehung on the bars by housekeeping, I do not like it. They should be replaced with fresh towels automatically. I am guity of asking for our bed linens to be replaced daily, sorry its my thing at a hotel ! Spacious lobby level workout room with 8-9 good cardio machines, free weights and bench and universal machine. Providing ear buds for tvs is a nice touch, too. Spotlessly clean hotel, pleasant stay, good complimentary breakfast in lobby makes for a very pleasant stay. Lobby bar in the eves. for those who want that, they have bar snacks/bar food too which you can order and pickup if you want some kind of hot food in your room and dont want to cook. First floor room also sells snacks, beverages, and some frozen food for your kitchen microwave, too. Free wifi. I will definitely stay here again. Hotel doesn't seem to have self-park but valet is convenient, fast, and pleasant. Easy walk to area restaurants and attractions, nice historical buildings surrounding hotel. My only gripe as a coffee addict is that the lobby coffee ( altho free ) is very weak and tasteless. I wish hotels would provide a more flavorful, robust coffee blend. Kitchen has coffee maker too with individual packets to brew but those are dreadful as they are in most hotels anywhere. Too bad they don't have Starbucks blend for us coffee snobs and coffee addicts ! Looking forward to staying here again my next trip to this area.

Room Tip: North (?) facing suites look out onto I-71 and there can be some general traffic sounds. Front facin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review of the hotel! I am very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel and the service to among the best in the city. We strive for excellence and I am happy to hear we provided an experience that met your standards and expectations.

I do appreciated the feedback about our Going Green Program here at the hotel and you are absolutely right that we need to be more detailed in our attention to the program and ensure the guests wishes are being respected at all times. I will also personally take a look at our coffee brewing practices to ensure we are following the right guidelines to ensure we are providing a great product, as coffee is the most important meal of the day! I assure you I will take this feedback back to the team to make our hotel a better place for our guests to stay.

Thank you again and I look forward to having you as a guest again if your travels ever bring you back to Cincinnati.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We chose to stay at the Residence Inn the night before our wedding and the night of our wedding. I could not have been more pleased with the hotel and the staff service. The check in was AMAZINGLY fast, in only 10 minutes we had checked in and were putting our things in the room. The night before the wedding my Matron of Honor and I spent the night so we could get ready in our suite the day of the wedding. The rooms are spectacular for the price, the TV in the room is the biggest TV in a hotel room I have ever seen. The breakfast included in the room price is delicious, yogurt, fruit, bagels, breakfast sandwiches, coffee, what more could you ask for? The room (normal suite) was big enough to hold 11 girls all getting ready with a hairdresser and makeup artist. The staff was so attentive to us and that was greatly appreciated on our special day. We even took pictures in the courtyard in the back of hotel which the hotel graciously closed the area off for us so we could have privacy. The pictures came out amazing! The hotel front desk staff even helped us when one of our groomsmen shoes broke, they brought out the duct tape and all was good. The night of the wedding, they helped us bring up wedding gifts to our room. I can't say enough about this hotel. If you are in Cincinnati, STAY HERE! This is the only hotel I will stay in in Downtown Cincinnati. Thank you for everything staff at the Residence Inn!

Room Tip: A high Room you can see the skyline of the city, beautiful!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Caledon, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights this Marriott while in town for a football game. When looking into a hotel I came down to two final choices and I could not be more thrilled with my choice to stay here. To start, the moment we pulled up to the building the parking valet was not only friendly and genuine, but he was helpful and informative. He went into the hotel to check our reservation information and dealt with the valet ticket and information on his own which saved us an extra trip inside. Upon entering the building it is clear that pride of property is a priority here. The hotel is beautiful, clean and friendly. It is also unbelievably close (4 blocks) to all the entertainment and sports venues that line the riverfront. That being said, it is in a quiet and beautiful location that makes it quiet. Our suite was beautiful and again, spotless. The suites are basically fully furnished studio apartments and would be absolutely perfect for longer stays. No detail is overlooked, right down to a fully outfitted kitchen. The bed was very comfortable but I must admit, the pillows were a little too fluffy! All the staff we encountered was friendly and knowledgeable. The service truly rivaled many of the 5 stars in which we have stayed. From arranging our cabs to the fabulous drinks and food at the bar, they pride themselves on insuring their guests have a fabulous stay. We will absolutely return to stay here upon our next stay in Cinci.

Room Tip: Ask to have a park view. You can also see the river!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This hotel is in an old building across from a park. The rooms are spacious and clean. They have small full kitchen area with 2 burner stove, microwave, coffee maker and fridge. There is a nice park across the street. The hotel is right next to I-71 but we slept very well. We could see the traffic right next to our room but the hotel is very well sound insulated. The room has a nice HDTV that swivels so you can watch in the bedroom and the small living room area. The breakfast was ver nice with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, a nice fruit selection and the standard continental fare. I would recommend this hotel for both long and short term stays with both couples and families. Easy walk to Reds,Bengals and The Banks area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown? Share your experiences!