“Best staff in any downtown Cincinnati hotel, a very good stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown

You added Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown to your Saves list
Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   506 East 4th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
New York, NY
“Best staff in any downtown Cincinnati hotel, a very good stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Having stayed at most all of the large downtown Cincinnati hotels, ( including the new 21C museum hotel ), I decided to try this property. Front desk, valet park/bellman, breakfast room staff--all top notch, friendly, and trained in hosptiality, the best I have encountered in any Cincinnati stay anywhere. Good location away from downtown noise, altho' our 1 bedroom suite faced the freeway and we had some traffic noise. Next time I will ask for the other side of the hotel for the most quiet. Full size kitchen and very comfortable bed. I get ' green initiatives ' at hotels when it comes to bed linens and towels, but when I fold all used towels over the tub to be replaced and I return to find them rehung on the bars by housekeeping, I do not like it. They should be replaced with fresh towels automatically. I am guity of asking for our bed linens to be replaced daily, sorry its my thing at a hotel ! Spacious lobby level workout room with 8-9 good cardio machines, free weights and bench and universal machine. Providing ear buds for tvs is a nice touch, too. Spotlessly clean hotel, pleasant stay, good complimentary breakfast in lobby makes for a very pleasant stay. Lobby bar in the eves. for those who want that, they have bar snacks/bar food too which you can order and pickup if you want some kind of hot food in your room and dont want to cook. First floor room also sells snacks, beverages, and some frozen food for your kitchen microwave, too. Free wifi. I will definitely stay here again. Hotel doesn't seem to have self-park but valet is convenient, fast, and pleasant. Easy walk to area restaurants and attractions, nice historical buildings surrounding hotel. My only gripe as a coffee addict is that the lobby coffee ( altho free ) is very weak and tasteless. I wish hotels would provide a more flavorful, robust coffee blend. Kitchen has coffee maker too with individual packets to brew but those are dreadful as they are in most hotels anywhere. Too bad they don't have Starbucks blend for us coffee snobs and coffee addicts ! Looking forward to staying here again my next trip to this area.

Room Tip: North (?) facing suites look out onto I-71 and there can be some general traffic sounds. Front facin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DavidMeisner-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for the great review of the hotel! I am very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel and the service to among the best in the city. We strive for excellence and I am happy to hear we provided an experience that met your standards and expectations.

I do appreciated the feedback about our Going Green Program here at the hotel and you are absolutely right that we need to be more detailed in our attention to the program and ensure the guests wishes are being respected at all times. I will also personally take a look at our coffee brewing practices to ensure we are following the right guidelines to ensure we are providing a great product, as coffee is the most important meal of the day! I assure you I will take this feedback back to the team to make our hotel a better place for our guests to stay.

Thank you again and I look forward to having you as a guest again if your travels ever bring you back to Cincinnati.

David Meisner
david.meisner@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We chose to stay at the Residence Inn the night before our wedding and the night of our wedding. I could not have been more pleased with the hotel and the staff service. The check in was AMAZINGLY fast, in only 10 minutes we had checked in and were putting our things in the room. The night before the wedding my Matron of Honor and I spent the night so we could get ready in our suite the day of the wedding. The rooms are spectacular for the price, the TV in the room is the biggest TV in a hotel room I have ever seen. The breakfast included in the room price is delicious, yogurt, fruit, bagels, breakfast sandwiches, coffee, what more could you ask for? The room (normal suite) was big enough to hold 11 girls all getting ready with a hairdresser and makeup artist. The staff was so attentive to us and that was greatly appreciated on our special day. We even took pictures in the courtyard in the back of hotel which the hotel graciously closed the area off for us so we could have privacy. The pictures came out amazing! The hotel front desk staff even helped us when one of our groomsmen shoes broke, they brought out the duct tape and all was good. The night of the wedding, they helped us bring up wedding gifts to our room. I can't say enough about this hotel. If you are in Cincinnati, STAY HERE! This is the only hotel I will stay in in Downtown Cincinnati. Thank you for everything staff at the Residence Inn!

Room Tip: A high Room you can see the skyline of the city, beautiful!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Caledon, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights this Marriott while in town for a football game. When looking into a hotel I came down to two final choices and I could not be more thrilled with my choice to stay here. To start, the moment we pulled up to the building the parking valet was not only friendly and genuine, but he was helpful and informative. He went into the hotel to check our reservation information and dealt with the valet ticket and information on his own which saved us an extra trip inside. Upon entering the building it is clear that pride of property is a priority here. The hotel is beautiful, clean and friendly. It is also unbelievably close (4 blocks) to all the entertainment and sports venues that line the riverfront. That being said, it is in a quiet and beautiful location that makes it quiet. Our suite was beautiful and again, spotless. The suites are basically fully furnished studio apartments and would be absolutely perfect for longer stays. No detail is overlooked, right down to a fully outfitted kitchen. The bed was very comfortable but I must admit, the pillows were a little too fluffy! All the staff we encountered was friendly and knowledgeable. The service truly rivaled many of the 5 stars in which we have stayed. From arranging our cabs to the fabulous drinks and food at the bar, they pride themselves on insuring their guests have a fabulous stay. We will absolutely return to stay here upon our next stay in Cinci.

Room Tip: Ask to have a park view. You can also see the river!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This hotel is in an old building across from a park. The rooms are spacious and clean. They have small full kitchen area with 2 burner stove, microwave, coffee maker and fridge. There is a nice park across the street. The hotel is right next to I-71 but we slept very well. We could see the traffic right next to our room but the hotel is very well sound insulated. The room has a nice HDTV that swivels so you can watch in the bedroom and the small living room area. The breakfast was ver nice with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, a nice fruit selection and the standard continental fare. I would recommend this hotel for both long and short term stays with both couples and families. Easy walk to Reds,Bengals and The Banks area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pottsboro, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My son and I stayed this past weekend at this wonderful hotel in Cincinnati as a Daddy-Son trip to see our favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys, play the Bengals. From the time we pulled up to the curb in front of the hotel, we were treated very well. The staff was excellent. We had a 2 room King suite that was nicely furnished with 2 large TVs. The room was big enough to throw a football in with my son. Everything was very clean throughout the hotel. You could tell that it was well managed and well kept. Customer service and experience were definitely important here.
The hotel was easy access to all of the downtown activities. There is a nice park across the street and it is easy walking distance to the rest of downtown and the 2 stadiums. We had a great weekend in Cincinnati and this hotel was part of it. Would highly recommend!

Room Tip: I bet you can't go wrong with any room here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Washington, dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed there 11/23 to 11/25/12 and had a great time. Enjoyed the young lady who was in the bartender in Kelleys. Loved the restaurant on the top floor, just wished it stayed open longer The hotel was great, we will definitely stay there again when we return to Cincinnati.

Room Tip: We were on the 15th floor, the view was great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is planning a trip to Downtown Cincinnati as well as anyone visiting the University of Cincinnati. The hotel was very nice and clean and up to date with all it's furnishings. The work out room had the best equipment I have ever seen in a hotel. The lounge area was constanitly clean and with newer furniture that was also clean. The staff was awesome and extremely friendly from the front desk personnel, doorman/parking attendant, Bartenders and especially the man who served the breakfast and cleaned all the tables! There was not one employee that did not smile and say hello to you, they truly seem to love their jobs. Congrats to the management at this hotel because when your employees are happy they reflect that in the work that they do for you. Customer service was #1 priority of this hotel and this would be the only place that we would stay if we happen to pass through Cincinnati again. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. We stayed in the 1 bedroom 2 room suite with 2 adults and 3 children, plenty of room.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor out of 12 even though I requested a room higher because we wanted to be ab...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown? Share your experiences!