“Highly Recommended!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown

You added Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown to your Saves list
Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   506 East 4th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Kentucky
“Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I travel often for business, so I see my fair share of hotels across the US, Canada and Mexico. And, honestly, I'm rarely impressed. However, I stayed at this Residence Inn in Cincinnati to attend a Bengals game this weekend and I must say, I was very impressed with this hotel! I had a beautiful 2 bedroom suite overlooking the park. The room was spotlessly clean and well appointed with 3 large flat screen TV's, 2 full baths, a full kitchen and comfortable sitting area. The bathrooms were large and well designed. The lobby is fantastic with a large common area, a bar and restaurant. We found the bar very lively on Saturday afternoon and evening. Beer was cold, great wine list and excellent service. Front desk staff very attentive. Valet parking is $20, but the service is worth it in my opinion. Hotel is walking distance to everything downtown Cincy has to offer.

I highly recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park. Beautiful view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Very nice hotel in the downtown area. Very pretty and safe location. The decor looks very new and it was nice to have a kitchenette. The staff was very helpful and suggested activities for our two small children. Breakfast included hot eggs, oatmeal, and other healthy options. We selected a queen size bed with sofa bed room. The pull-out was Ok for children but wasn't at all comfortable for an adult's weight. The other con was that our room faced the freeway and even though we were on the tenth floor there was distinct traffic noise. It wasn't loud enough to bother my family, but I'm a light sleeper and it was difficult to ignore the noise. Overall, I thought the hotel was a bit on the pricey side, especially when you include parking fees and hotel tax, but I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one that doesn't face the freeway
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Bokeelia, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I have stayed at this property a few times now, and it works for me. The rooms are spacious and very much set up for the business traveler. The staff makes everything easy. The breakfast buffet provides a good selection and the cooks are constantly refreshing it. The hotel bar offers very friendly service, and a good drink selection. The food selection is somewhat limited, but it works in a pinch. The hotel is located a few blocks from the center of town. And, provided the weather is nice, there are plenty of dining options available within walking distance. Also, if you need something, there is a drug store two blocks down the road. The one area for improvement is the bedding quality.

Room Tip: The drug store two blocks away is convenient to grab a bottle of wine or forgotten toothbrush. The...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Greater Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

My fiance found this hotel in a news article when we were looking for a hotel for our wedding weekend. We took a tour of the hotel and decided to block off rooms for the wedding. The staff were incredibly nice, everything in the hotel is brand-new and modern with a nod to the historic building that it's in (the Charles Phelps building, built as upscale apartments by President Taft's half-brother). The hotel is done in dark wood accents and blue decor. There is a beautiful bar area and a comfortable lobby. The outdoor courtyard is beautiful with a nice fountain. There is also a comfortable exercise room. I am looking forward to using it. The hotel is also located directly across the street from Lytle Park and next to the Taft Museum of Art.

The rooms are like apartments. We booked the 1-bedroom suite for this upcoming weekend which contains a full apartment-size kitchen, including plates, cups, wine glasses, hot plate, dishwasher, microwave, fridge, etc.

I was fortunate to stay over one night for my bachelorette in this same suite. The bed was incredibly comfortable, the room was spacious for us 3 girls and we were able to chill out beforehand and have some wine and snacks in the living room area. The complimentary breakfast is great - you can have bagels, waffles, toast, cereal, eggs, sausage, yogurt, yogurt parfaits, etc.

If you're worried about this being the financial district and not having enough nightlife - here are some tips: Mt. Adams (hip, upscale bars, winebars, shopping, and restaurants and what I think has the best view in the city - btw Alive One is a great club/bar for 20/30 y.o.) is about a 5-7 min. cab ride, downtown is nearby, Newport on the Levee is about a 10-15 min. cab ride). Also, there is a touch-panel TV in the lobby that will provide you directions to nearby landmarks & more(museums, stadiums, etc.)

The only drawbacks are both times I've been there, the courtyard grill has not been operational and the one night I stayed over, the bathroom did not have a fan - I don't know if it just didn't kick on with the lights or if there isn't one at all. I hope it was just broken - not having a bathroom fan with a few guests in the suite isn't the best idea....

So, we'll be back for our wedding weekend and the 1-bedroom suite is also what I'm using to get ready in...can't wait!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed for one night and had an great experience. We were greated at the door, check in was a breeze. Our room had the smell of fresh paint and new carpet. I think we were the first ones to stay in the room! We had a few drinks in the bar area, which was very nice and great service. They also have a wonderful patio in front of the hotel to enjoy your food and beverages. The only con was that we couldn't find any cups in the bathroom and that our thermostat seemed to not work very well. However it may have been user error, as it was in the middle of the night that I woke up to adjust it. It just didn't get as cool as we would have liked. However, I would definitly recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Santa Ana, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

We had the privilege of staying at the Marriott Cincinnati at RiverCenter in Covington prior to our stay at the Residence Inn. I thought we would be disappointed because of the fantastic experience at RiverCenter but we were not in the least! The Residence Inn is located across the street from a charming little park. The hotel is stunning. The rooms are some of the best I have seen, could even compare to some of the JW Marriott rooms. Every detail has been covered in this property, along with an extremely friendly and accommodating staff. You will not be disappointed.

We hope we will have the pleasure to stay at this beautiful property again. Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor in a studio suite and were quite happy.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

The hotel is remarkably well-appointed. The room was very spacious -- our studio had a king bed, a sitting area, a dinette and a full kitchen. The bed was excellent, perhaps even more comfortable than my own! The bathroom was well-sized. The hotel's decor is stylish and beautiful. The staff was attentive and helpful. Valet parking was $20 for our whole stay (not per night). The weekend rate was $139/night -- a bargain!

My boyfriend and I stayed here for family business. It was an excellent location for us, but I can see how tourists may feel there isn't enough to do in the immediate vicinity. This is the business district, so many restaurants were closed and the streets were desolate at night. But the hotel is only a few blocks from the football stadium, so we saw many fans at breakfast Sunday morning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown? Share your experiences!