My fiance found this hotel in a news article when we were looking for a hotel for our wedding weekend. We took a tour of the hotel and decided to block off rooms for the wedding. The staff were incredibly nice, everything in the hotel is brand-new and modern with a nod to the historic building that it's in (the Charles Phelps building, built as upscale apartments by President Taft's half-brother). The hotel is done in dark wood accents and blue decor. There is a beautiful bar area and a comfortable lobby. The outdoor courtyard is beautiful with a nice fountain. There is also a comfortable exercise room. I am looking forward to using it. The hotel is also located directly across the street from Lytle Park and next to the Taft Museum of Art.
The rooms are like apartments. We booked the 1-bedroom suite for this upcoming weekend which contains a full apartment-size kitchen, including plates, cups, wine glasses, hot plate, dishwasher, microwave, fridge, etc.
I was fortunate to stay over one night for my bachelorette in this same suite. The bed was incredibly comfortable, the room was spacious for us 3 girls and we were able to chill out beforehand and have some wine and snacks in the living room area. The complimentary breakfast is great - you can have bagels, waffles, toast, cereal, eggs, sausage, yogurt, yogurt parfaits, etc.
If you're worried about this being the financial district and not having enough nightlife - here are some tips: Mt. Adams (hip, upscale bars, winebars, shopping, and restaurants and what I think has the best view in the city - btw Alive One is a great club/bar for 20/30 y.o.) is about a 5-7 min. cab ride, downtown is nearby, Newport on the Levee is about a 10-15 min. cab ride). Also, there is a touch-panel TV in the lobby that will provide you directions to nearby landmarks & more(museums, stadiums, etc.)
The only drawbacks are both times I've been there, the courtyard grill has not been operational and the one night I stayed over, the bathroom did not have a fan - I don't know if it just didn't kick on with the lights or if there isn't one at all. I hope it was just broken - not having a bathroom fan with a few guests in the suite isn't the best idea....
So, we'll be back for our wedding weekend and the 1-bedroom suite is also what I'm using to get ready in...can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in the historic Phelps Building in the heart of downtown Cincinnati's business district, the all-new Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown offers Cincinnati hotel accommodations that blend old-world splendor with modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown Hotel Cincinnati
- Residence Inn Cincinnati Downtown Ohio