You added Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We are glad we booked our room in this hotel. We had some misgivings about this hotel because of the bad reputation of the neighborhood, but we did some more research and took a chance. I am very glad we did not shy away from this wonderfully located and quite nice hotel.

Some people complain about paying for the parking and how the parking lot is run by the city, etc. I've stayed in hotels where something like this was the case and the parking lots are inconvenient, expensive, etc. This parking lot is right outside the hotel and as these things go, it is a bargain at $9/day. Many hotels inside cities offer parking for far more expensive fees and much less convenient. Don't let $9 get in the way of your comfort and convenience.

The neighborhood did not appear to be unsafe or unsightly. Perhaps we were fortunate but we had absolutely no problems or even the appearance of a problem with that. Not far from the hotel on Ludlow street we found a vibrant area with lots of restaurants, stores, etc. We ate at the Om Eco Cafe which was very nicely appointed and the food and service were quite good. Perhaps a little on the expensive side, but not too bad.

The suite in the hotel was on the 5th floor and it was enormous! The king sized bed was practically lost in the room. Very clean, very nice. They offer a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. the fridge and microwave are in a separate area which boasted a nice size counter as well as a sink. The bathroom is separate from the lavatory which makes it more convenient to use.

They offered complimentary hot coffee and chocolate in the lobby area, the breakfast was OK, nothing to write home about, but adequate and par with most hotels.

I would give it 5 stars, but the bed was not as comfy as I've come to expect in most better hotels, so I did not sleep as well as I would have liked. To be fair, it might have been that my long drive during the day caused the discomfort at night. Overall, I give this hotel a thumbs up. If you have a similar experience as we did, you'll probably be happy to have booked your room there.

1 Thank traveller2Atlanta_GA

Brazil, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

We are from Ohio and moved to Indiana and drove here to meet Ohio friends and went to Reds Game, Sausage Festival and to a Newport German Pub. We had side-by-side king suites at the end of the hallway, nice isolated area and we loved it!!! The room was breath-taking, spotless clean, comfortable bed, swivel huge flat screen TV to view from sofa or bed, best room we have ever stayed in. We took a cab from hotel, front desk called and was quick. The only thing that could have been better was the breakfast area. It was hard to get around to get breakfast due to the way it is set up, but the breakfast was excellent and yes, we would definitely stay here again. Awesome hotel!

Room Tip: I would suggest rooms at end of hall, isolated area, higher floors, very peaceful and plush too.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beverly N
Mountainside, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Stayed at this location for the first time. Normally stay downtown so I'm close to the river and things to do. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The staff is ultra friendly, the rooms are clean and the overall appearance of the property is pretty good for this level of a hotel. They do charge for parking ($9) which is not bad. It's near Univerisity of Cincinnatti so there is lots to do. Walked all around the campus an into the park. The Zoo is also near by. Great bars and places to eat. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Birmingham, AL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

we had a mini suite. it was very comfortable and well kept. the staff that we came into contact with were all very friendly and helpful. the location of the hotel is excellent for visits to the University of Cincinnati. Property is vey nice, well conditioned and well maintained. Will stay there next time we visit our daughter in college.

Location
      Cleanliness

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here because it looked like a nice hotel and clean but I booked the hotel on orbits and brought all my paper work from orbits with me when I arrived I gave my card encase something happened to the room. When we left I checked my bank account and they had charged my card for the price of the room. I called the hotel they said orbits payment was declined not mine but Orbits the multi million dollar company there payment was declined, so they charged my account. So I have 2 hotel charged one from the hotel one from orbits. They said the GM manger would call me for 2 days in a roll I called both days said she was not in yet. And I also called the main office over all the Hampton Inn hotels they said they couldn't help and the hotel there self said that only GM's can issue refund. Needless to say I was 150 miles from home. It took them 1 full week to refund my money back to my bank account. Lucky I had plenty of money in my account but this is a heads up to those who are just barely getting by and looking for a nice cheap place to stay. Like I said I was lucky because I had enough money but just a heads up I still didn't like my money being held for a week.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank iceman104
ValarieOrr, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
I apologize that you had such an issue with the form of payment at our hotel. When you book through a 3rd Party Travel Site, usually they provide their form of payment to us and then they charge you direct.

Therefore the credit card that we have on file for lodging belongs to the 3rd Party Booking Agency and is not your personal card.

Unfortunately when you visited, I had suffered a sudden death in my family and was unavailable as I was making funeral arrangements. This kept me from responding to your issue in a timely manner.

For this reason, there is now an AGM that can make that decision and assist immediately when I am not available.

Again, I apologize for this issue due to an unforeseen person circumstance, but it appears that your stay, your room and everything about your visit was satisfactory, met your needs and was pleasant except for this one issue.

I hope that this does not deter you from staying with us in the future and should you decide to, my personal cell phone number is available and listed on my business card (which is located and available to the public) at the front desk.

Valarie Orr
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here in a suite for a couple of nights. It was an absolutely perfect hotel stay. Easy parking, friendly and quick check-in, spacious and extremely clean room, comfortable bed and air-conditioning that kept the room cool without being super loud. We slept in one day and found a note in the door, tucked behind the do not disturb flag, from house-keeping letting us know they had been by and to let the front desk know if we wanted service that day. What a smart way to handle that situation.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Athens, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

The Hotel and staff were great but it costs $9 for parking . Most Hampton Inns this far from the City Center have Free parking. The staff informed me that the parking lot is owned by the city and they have to charge. It seems mine was a common complaint.

Location