You added Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Woodstock, Georgia
“Exellent hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is an Excellent hotel...the staff is very congenial and very helpful. The rooms and the beds are great and the breakfast buffet was outstanding. We enjoyed a mini family reunion and felt right at home, even to watching the National Championship game and enjoying a glass of wine in the lobby. Hotel was very clean and well cared for, we will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Sylvania, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I recently attended a conference at Xavier University and I prefer to check TripAdvisor reviews on hotels prior to booking a stay. I found reviews to be very favorable about this new hotel location.

I found this hotel to be an EXCELLENT option for the Cincinnati/Uptown/University area. It is a newer well maintained property, clean rooms, friendly staff, safe/secure parking area, complimentary breakfast, and free internet. I will definitely plan to stay at this property again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great service, clean rooms, reliable wifi, free coffee in the morning, good value. Compare price to local Marriott and you'll see that while it's not as expensive and the gym/restaurant can't compare, the Hampton is a better value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Nice, new clean hotel. Staff friendly, but not helpful. Breakfast is nice since food selection in that area isn't the greatest. The enterance, and parking situation is not ideal. $9 a day to park is a bit steep, why not include it in the price of the room?

Also, no bath tub when they knew I was traveling with a small child age 3, visiting Cincinnati childrens hospital...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ValarieOrr, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
We appreciate your review of our hotel and although glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and found our rooms to be clean and comfortable, we are sorry that you are disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us, like not having a bathtub for the littlelest traveler for convenience.

Please accept our sincere apologies in not meeting these needs but we do hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.

Olive Branch, MS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

A small group of us (in town for a college basketball game) who travel together on a regular basis and try to stay in Hampton Inns, stayed at this hotel for 1 night. Our check-in procedure was prolonged and not too efficient and not up to what we expect from this chain. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable but the decor was dated. The bathrooms were well appointed with the usual cosmetic amenities, the towels were plentiful and the shower was excellent. The breakfast the next morning was spot on. Good variety, and the staff was very efficient. If we had to be back in this area again we would probably stay here but would go in knowing what to expect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you found our rooms to be large, clean and comfortable, we are sorry that you are disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

I truly apologize if your check-in process was long and inefficient. Our main concern is for all guests to experience a welcoming and efficient stay with us and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I will make sure that take your comments into contestation to improve our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.

Best regards.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was the perfect pick for visiting University of Cincinnati. It was very clean and staff was helpful. Bed was comfy and fresh. They warned me of parking fee when I made the reservation. Very handy to have bagged breakfast when we left.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased that you are pleased with the hotel's level of service, the proximity to where you were traveling and that you found our staff friendly and helpful.

Thanks so much for visiting our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!!

Columbus. Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I needed a late checkout and selected this hotel primarily because their website offered "2 pm late checkout, upon availability." I confirmed it by phone, requested it online, and asked the desk clerk about it at check-in. She said it'd "probably be okay" but I needed to confirm it in the morning. Okay ... so far, this is all standard stuff.

This morning, the young woman at the front desk told me I had to be out by 11. "We have 66 guests arriving," she said. Yea? So???

I tried using my HiltonHonors membership as leverage. She told me, "You're only a blue member. Late checkout is for gold and diamond members." Wow, she sure put me in MY place!! I asked if I could talk with a manager. "I AM the acting day manager," she snapped.

A few hours later, I stopped at the front desk to see if she'd called housekeeping, as she said she'd do. She hadn't, so she made the call on the spot. I could hear the housekeeper's voice when the day manager asked about late checkout for me. "Absolutely not!" the housekeeper bellowed. "Out by 11!" It was already after 11, so I was stretching it, but I was seriously disappointed at this level of service. Why offer 2 pm checkout if you can't or won't honor it?

The facility is decent ... a standard Hampton. They do charge $9/day for parking, which I'm not accustomed to in Hamptons like this one. Parking plus the room charge and taxes totalled over $150.

One other bothersome thing: they have a few too many signs and reminders about clean beds: large notices on the elevator doors, posters, even preprinted post-it notes on each of our queen bed headboards announcing "fresh sheets and duvet covers" for every guest. What? Do they have a history of using dirty sheets? Or, worse, bedbugs? My partner was concerned enough about bedbugs that he checked the mattress and box springs. [They were clean.]

If you're looking at this review, you probably know that except for a cluster of high-end downtown hotels, the Hampton is one of the few hotels near the UC Medical Center and Cinci Children's. But there is another option. Next month when I'm in town, I'm trying the Symphony Hotel. It's in a comparable "transitional" neighborhood just 2 miles south of the Hampton. It's locally owned and operated, so I'm betting that staff are much better trained in serving customers effectively.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ValarieOrr, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to provide you with a late check-out. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. I especially want to apologize if the staff member who you dealt with, was rude to you. Please know that as a Hilton Honors Member your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area? Share your experiences!