“Visiting the University of Cincinnati” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3024 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45219   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Military Family Rate
Ranked #4 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Medina, Ohio
“Visiting the University of Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel is great value, clean and quiet rooms, great breakfast and within walking distance of the University Hospitals and Research sites. I have been staying here for over a year and a half, every 6 weeks and this hotel is my first choice in the area. I am warned about the University area in general due to safety, but hotel is close and well lit. I eat at the Marriott resturant nearby which is a great food restaurant and only a half a block away. I am a Hilton gal, plus, the Marriot did not have closets, but cabinets and I could not always get a room and too many people and noisy.
I am so glad the Hampton Inn is available right where it is, which is a perfect location and a brisk healthy walk in any season to the Univesity Hospitals. The staff is friendly and they all do such a great job!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Tullahoma, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

A very nice Hampton except where it counts. Exterior noise is very well controlled. But the next room's TV comes right through the walls and you hear every footstep in the room above. Very disappointing. We were in Room 202.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ValarieOrr, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I do apologize for the noise disturbance and have looked into the issue. I was made aware through Phillips / Time Warner / Lodgenet which is our TV Brand and our services provider that most televisions volume is controlled by the programming that brings the signal to the TV itself. Therefore, commercials and programs sometimes appear louder or quieter as there is an automatic volume control.
You may have noticed this at home as well where some commercials are booming and others are barely audible.
This is an issue that many guests have in many hotels (and at home) while traveling. They can hear the TV from an adjacent room. Unfortunately there is not much we, as hotel managers can do as the issue is beyond our control. However as Customer Service providers, we can make the adjacent guest aware that their TV is a bit too loud and ask if they can possibly manually lower it while explaining that it is not a direct issue that they caused or we could have possible moved you to a different room or upgraded you to a suite in a quieter area of the hotel based upon our hotel availability.
When you are in the area again, please choose our hotel and make us aware at check in that you had a noise issue, we will do our very best to place you in an area where there are no guests adjacent to your room so this doesn't occur again.
Other than the noise, I hope that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
ft wayne, in
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

great location if going to a campus function. hotel is about 2 years old so, it is nice, clean, and well kept. I have no complaints. I would suggest this hotel to anyone that is going to do something on campus for business or pleasure. Be aware that it is not the safest area at night once you get a couple blocks away, but that holds true for any hotels around campus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Winchester, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly! We used this location because our Mom was in the hospital across the street. We had not had a good nights in three nights and needed some rest . The room was very clean and big so we was really pleased. About three in the morning someone up above us started stomping on the floors and continued to when we finally got up because could not sleep anymore because of all the noise. I know this is not the fault of the hotel
But it would have been nice to have got the rest we so much needed. But other than that everything was great. Next time I will ask to be put up on the top floor to avoid this from happening.
The breakfast was great. So if you are considering this hotel I give it a thumbs up!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We picked this location because it's a short walk from music venue Bogart's, where we were attending a New Year's Eve concert. We've stayed at Hampton Inns before and have come to expect modern, roomy accommodations. But we were especially impressed by this location's friendly service at breakfast, which was extended to accommodate late-night revelers. The staff checked in at every table and made sure everyone had what they needed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Fairly new hotel, nice as far as Hampton Inn's go. Didn't care for the 1 elliptical machine in the fitness center. I'd rather they purchased the Precor machines as many other Hilton properties have done.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a wonderful Hampton Inn - newer, still clean even though I think its been open a year or more

With the exception of 2 crabby young ladies who I have had the misfortune of dealing with at the front desk, EVERYONE ELSE that works there is kind, welcoming and very customer oriented.

My daughter goes to the University of Cincinnati so we have had the opportunity to stay there 4 times in the past year, and I image we will stay there just as much each year. They typically offer a UC rate that makes this so much more affordable than other nearby hotels, for this I am very very thankful.

The owner of the hotel is there every morning eating breakfast and chatting with guests. What a great guy. The facility staff are great, especially the breakfast ladies and the gentleman that is always cleaning up down in the lobby area. The rooms are clean and the hampton beds are always comfortable.

The only thing that bothers me is that you do have to pay for parking, but they say that in a number of years they will not longer have to pay the city for the parking and thus guests won't have to pay for parking.

I travel A LOT and have stayed in hotels everywhere, this place is a cut above the rest because of the people that work here, and I really appreciate their friendliness.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I apologize for the issues you had with the 2 staff members at the front desk. I wish you had taken my business card and called me immediately. I have my personal cell phone number listed for just these types of issues as we, at Hampton Inn do our very best to provide excellent customer service and when our guest's needs aren't met in any way, not only are you not satisfied, WE aren't satisfied and we want you to enjoy EVERY part of your stay from the check in to the check out. I've addressed "attitude" issues with the entire staff (including the 2 front desk crabs that you encountered) and explained that our business IS the Customer Service Business and Attitude is definitely everything. To provide excellent customer service, Hampton (and I) expect our Hotel Team to have that "can do anything" attitude in mannerisms, facial expression and voice. I hope on your next visit to our hotel, you will absolutely see an improvement. If not or there are other issues? Pick up my business card at the front desk (Valarie Orr - Director of Operations) and call my cell. The issue willbe resolved immediately and to your satisfaction.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area? Share your experiences!