“great location if going to a campus function” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3024 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45219   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Military Family Rate
Ranked #4 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
ft wayne, in
“great location if going to a campus function”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

great location if going to a campus function. hotel is about 2 years old so, it is nice, clean, and well kept. I have no complaints. I would suggest this hotel to anyone that is going to do something on campus for business or pleasure. Be aware that it is not the safest area at night once you get a couple blocks away, but that holds true for any hotels around campus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Winchester, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly! We used this location because our Mom was in the hospital across the street. We had not had a good nights in three nights and needed some rest . The room was very clean and big so we was really pleased. About three in the morning someone up above us started stomping on the floors and continued to when we finally got up because could not sleep anymore because of all the noise. I know this is not the fault of the hotel
But it would have been nice to have got the rest we so much needed. But other than that everything was great. Next time I will ask to be put up on the top floor to avoid this from happening.
The breakfast was great. So if you are considering this hotel I give it a thumbs up!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We picked this location because it's a short walk from music venue Bogart's, where we were attending a New Year's Eve concert. We've stayed at Hampton Inns before and have come to expect modern, roomy accommodations. But we were especially impressed by this location's friendly service at breakfast, which was extended to accommodate late-night revelers. The staff checked in at every table and made sure everyone had what they needed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Fairly new hotel, nice as far as Hampton Inn's go. Didn't care for the 1 elliptical machine in the fitness center. I'd rather they purchased the Precor machines as many other Hilton properties have done.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a wonderful Hampton Inn - newer, still clean even though I think its been open a year or more

With the exception of 2 crabby young ladies who I have had the misfortune of dealing with at the front desk, EVERYONE ELSE that works there is kind, welcoming and very customer oriented.

My daughter goes to the University of Cincinnati so we have had the opportunity to stay there 4 times in the past year, and I image we will stay there just as much each year. They typically offer a UC rate that makes this so much more affordable than other nearby hotels, for this I am very very thankful.

The owner of the hotel is there every morning eating breakfast and chatting with guests. What a great guy. The facility staff are great, especially the breakfast ladies and the gentleman that is always cleaning up down in the lobby area. The rooms are clean and the hampton beds are always comfortable.

The only thing that bothers me is that you do have to pay for parking, but they say that in a number of years they will not longer have to pay the city for the parking and thus guests won't have to pay for parking.

I travel A LOT and have stayed in hotels everywhere, this place is a cut above the rest because of the people that work here, and I really appreciate their friendliness.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ValarieOrr, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I apologize for the issues you had with the 2 staff members at the front desk. I wish you had taken my business card and called me immediately. I have my personal cell phone number listed for just these types of issues as we, at Hampton Inn do our very best to provide excellent customer service and when our guest's needs aren't met in any way, not only are you not satisfied, WE aren't satisfied and we want you to enjoy EVERY part of your stay from the check in to the check out. I've addressed "attitude" issues with the entire staff (including the 2 front desk crabs that you encountered) and explained that our business IS the Customer Service Business and Attitude is definitely everything. To provide excellent customer service, Hampton (and I) expect our Hotel Team to have that "can do anything" attitude in mannerisms, facial expression and voice. I hope on your next visit to our hotel, you will absolutely see an improvement. If not or there are other issues? Pick up my business card at the front desk (Valarie Orr - Director of Operations) and call my cell. The issue willbe resolved immediately and to your satisfaction.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. I suppose it's been awhile since I stayed at a Hampton Inn, but I was surprised. It was a lot nicer than your typical chain hotel. The first thing that jumped out at me in the room was the huge walk-in shower with glass doors (in just a regular king-bed room!). It was a nice change from the typical dingy tub with a shower curtain that you find at most 2-3 star hotels. The shower-head also seemed new and had 6 different settings, plus it was very high up, so height wasn't an issue. The towels were also fluffier than the typical chain hotel it seemed, but maybe they had recently been purchased. The bathroom was large and had a big vanity with a storage shelf underneath. There were also storage shelves built into the walls for the towels, which was a nice touch. The room was very large (king bed) and had a decent television with a good selection of channels. The free breakfast had a great selection, but it was your typical free hotel breakfast (although 2 big fruit bowls was a nice touch, as well as pre-made hot oatmeal).

Aside from all of these perks, my favorite part of the hotel was the free Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookies at the front desk. I had gone out to dinner with a group of people, and I didn't want to be the only one getting dessert, so I sadly took a pass at satisfying my sweet tooth. Thankfully, when I got back to the hotel, there was a delicious cookie waiting for me. It's the little things!

The only downside is that parking is $9, but it seemed like no matter where I looked at to stay in Cincinnati, I would have to pay for hotel parking. I will definitely stay here again if I'm in the area!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
THANK YOU!!! All our guests enjoy the free Otis Spunkmeyer cookies when they register at our hotel. We get the biggest cookies available so there is more to enjoy!
We are pleased that you enjoyed every part of your stay and hope you choose our hotel again on your next visit!! We'll have those cookies ready!!!
Ypsilanti, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Staying at this Hampton was one of my best hotel experiences. Friendly clean and accommodating. My favorite part was the complimentary otis spunkenmeyer cookie in the evening. The comp hot breakfast was also delicious. And just in case you didn't have time to sit down for breakfast they packed you a bag to go with bottle water, fruit, and a granola bar...how thoughtful! The bed was super comfortable as usual for Hampton Inn's and the room was very spacious. I literally cannot wait to go back to stay at this hotel.

Its very close to the university of cincinnati and university hospital. About 10 min from downtown. It cost $9 to self park.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ValarieOrr, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for choosing our wonderful, new Hampton Inn & Suites ~ Uptown University!! We strive to accommodate all our guests needs in as many areas as possible and are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to returning! We hope to see you soon!!
Valarie a. Orr
Director of Operations

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area? Share your experiences!