“Bad area of town and no services in walking distance” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3024 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45219   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Military Family Rate
Ranked #4 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Gahanna, OH
“Bad area of town and no services in walking distance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The good and the bad....

The good is the hotel itself. My king room was beautiful, spacious, modern, comfortable and clean. This can be said for the whole hotel. There's a little snack and sundry shop behind the front desk too, which was convenient. I did not partake in any hotel amenities, so I can't comment. It was close to the university where I was visiting for business.

The bad... i had to pay $9 for parking, which is a pet peeve of mine. The hotel is on a very busy and winding street, and it was a little difficult to figure out how to get in and out of the parking lot. The worst though is that it's in a very sketchy area of town. I really wanted to walk somewhere for dinner so I wouldn't have to fight traffic and the front desk staff told me to turn left and there were all sorts of places to eat, including a LaRosa's, a BBQ place, a sports bar, etc. I would NOT recommend walking alone, or even in a group in this area. I felt extremely unsafe and the restaurant recommendations were not worthy of a recommendation.

I'd still recommend this hotel since the hotel itself was lovely and it was convenient to UC. However, be prepared to leave the property in your vehicle for any kind of dining or entertainment.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
cacheflow, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a response to your recent stay at the hotel. This establishment is doing its best to revitalize the area and we sincerely hope that our efforts pay off.
I hope to see you again very soon.
Have a great day.

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Hudson, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Recent stay to visit my son at UC.King suite room was very spacious and well appointed. The hotel was very clean and well attended to. Parking was plentiful and lot appears to be safe. All in all an excellent hotel and I will be a regular guest over the next few years.
I must give a shout out to the staff as they go well beyond being"friendly" to guests. They are truly nice people. The young lady who gets up at 4:30 to attend to the breakfact area is very professional. And all the "elves" in laundry when the back door of the elevator opens are too funny.
I hope management appreciates what a great staff they have because its the staf that will bring me back.

Room Tip: Kind suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. My staff really enjoys their job and is anxious to show it!
Ottawa, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The room was the largest I've ever stayed in and totally clean. The large flat screen was easily acssesable from both sides of the room. the kitchen was very nice it has its own sink and fridge so we was able to keep food and drinks seperate from the bathroom. The king size bed was very comfortable, with lots of pillows. The breakfast was very good, with lots of choices. The service was very good and all the employees were very helpful and kind. The taxi ride downtown runs $15-$17, we went to a Red's game and didn't wanna drive. Overall best hampton I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: High floors are nice for a view, but really not necessary if there for 1 night.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time our of your busy schedule to write a response to your stay at our hotel. It is comments such as yours that make this such an enjoyable place to work. I appreciate you kind words and look forward to seeing you again.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Very clean. Staff friendly and helpfull. Not much to eat in the area but front desk gave us directions to a fun area to shop and eat.
Parking was easy.
Fitness room could use better equipment, kind of generic

• Stayed September 2012
cacheflow, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complety the survey. Your compliments were greatly appreciated.
Tyrone, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Front desk staff, breakfast room staff, maid service, were all friendly and top notch. Rooms extremely clean, and the breakfast was probably the best I have ever had at a Hampton. Top Notch! Parking is right in front, but you do have to pay an overnight fee. Extremely convenient location if visiting the University of Cincinnati. If planning on visiting during a football weekend in the fall, be sure to make your reservations early.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
cacheflow, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We always strive to make this a place that feels like home.
We truly appreciate the fact that you took time out of your busy schedule to write a review.
You have a wonderful day, and I hope that we see you again!
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is the second time I have reviewed this property and I am pleased to report that it has retained its friendly service. The staff in the breakfast room and at the desk is really exceptionally pleasant. This time they went the extra mile and make arrangements with another Hampton Inn in D.C. for us to charge a room there for a friend whose flight was delayed. This is the best option near UC, superior to the sterile and impersonal Kingsgate.

Room Tip: Better to face the parking lot and have no view. Rooms there are quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
cacheflow, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a response to Trip Advisor. It means a lot to us to know that people take time out of their busy day to tell others about their stay.I also want to thank you for your kind words.
Have a great day.
Sicklerville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My son is a freshmen at the University of Cincinnati so this is actually the third time we've stayed at the Hampton Inn. Today I'm going to review the "little things" the hotel does that makes our stay very enjoyable.
Check in was very easy and efficient, 5 minutes tops. about 15 mins after arriving in our room we get a phone call from the front desk to make sure every thing was satisfactory. Nice touch.
Next, plenty of counter space in the bathroom. Ok, I totally admit, traveling with me is like being on cleopatra's barge. this girl loves a big bathroom sink area. This one gives you plenty of room and bonus under neath the sink is additional space. I could spread all my morning necessities out.
Bedding is extremely comfortable and clean.
Plenty of extra towels also. we were only two but enough towels for us to have a few extras.
Location: location can't be beat. If you are visiting the University of Cincinnati it's literally walking distance to campus.
Only con.
At the breakfast buffet the plates they use are really cheap foam plates. If you make a fresh waffle it's impossible to cut on those plates.
A little noise heard from our upstairs neighbors but they were seriously "stomping" around so I don't think that was the rooms fault.

We plan on making the Hampton Inn our ""home base" whenever we are in town for a visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
cacheflow, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to to tell us about your most delightful time while you are at our hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed your comment.
I am ptoud to know that you have used the Hampton Inn & Suites /Uptown to be your home base!!
Have a wonderful day and i look forward to seeing you soon.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area? Share your experiences!