“Fun trip” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #76 of 87 attractions in Cincinnati
Type: Water Parks
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Attraction Details
Falmouth, Kentucky
“Fun trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Took my grandkids the weekend of March 23rd when the horror convention was going on also. We had a great time! The water park was colorful and fun - lots to do for all ages---including grandparents. The resturant served good food and was clean. Will deffinately go back.

Visited March 2013

Terre Haute, Indiana
“Rude Staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We read some bad reviews but decided to give it a chance. Bad choice. Everytime we went to first aid station you had to wait over 10min for an employee to show up meanwhile while one child was bleeding. The 84 degree waterpark is more like 64 degrees, unless you are in the kiddie pool. The first night they ran out of towels and didn't care said the were keeping up as fast as they could, as we stood next to a huge pile of dirty towels, they couldn't give us a time frame for when they would be done. Front desk didn't seem to care either. No help in the arcade, one young female employee was making out with a male (not employee) and another young male employee was asleep lying on the floor by the entrance to the waterpark next to his crutches. Room was small but okay considering the low price. If you call or visit the front desk plan on the phone ringing for over 5 minutes or a long wait at the desk. Employees were rude and immature, except Victor he was an awesome life guard. We ordered a refrigerator that we never recieved. Ate dinner once there, the server we had was terrible, only came to our table when he had to take our order and brind our food (you think they would want to hurry out a family with 3 small children 4,7 and 8) instead due to us waiting on our server we had a 2 1/2 hr dinner of just sandwiches. The night we planned on eating pizza at the waterpark the pizza hut ran out of pizza. There was a convention going on the that weekend that the staff didn't seem to have under control they allowed the people in costumes to lay down in the hallway blocking anyone who desired to pass. Poorly, poorly managed. Will not return. These we all flaws the children didn't notice they did have a good time.

Visited March 2013
“EXTREMELY disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We were very excited to take our children here and thought the cost was great compared to other local water resorts. Way wrong! They shouldn't even charge the parents to get in, as there is not much for you to do in here. The bathrooms where you change are DISGUSTING! Feces on the floor, no toilet paper, no hand soap and half the facilities were out of order! Not to mention to small and dirty to change in. The $6 lockers they have you rent, don't bother! so small they hardly hold anything. you can't find a table to set the rest of your items at b/c they are covered in beer bottles that haven't been cleaned up. As for the water areas... the kids had a blast. Water is dirty and the lifeguards don't care what is going on and don't enforce any rules. The pool area with the basketball hoops is where all the older kids hangout and they are so rowdy you can't get in that area and enjoy yourself. The lazy river is a nightmare! you have to wait forever for a tube with people pushing and shoving to get one. Once you do get in you are constantly be pushed and shoved by rude rowdy children. The lifeguards don't say anything about this either. Not to mention there is usually barangays of some sort floating in all the water. So the only two areas the parents can go in are horrible. There is a hot tub area for adults only. However if you are there with your children and don't want to leave them this poses a problem and they won't let you bring them in. Even though later on I Saw them allow others take their children in? after I was told no. All in all this was a terrible experience and my husband and I couldn't leave fast enough. Next time we will pay more and go to a nicer resort.

Visited April 2013
Springfield, Ohio
50 attraction reviews
“Out and About”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I took my grandson to this waterpark around Christmas time and found it to be nice but not great. The young people who were lifeguards did not enforce the rules and regulations on an even basis. Even though I did not have any problem, I noticed one life guard enforcing a safety rule while another ignored the same. The holiday period was not a busy one and in the adjoining hotel, many of the staff were off for the holidays. The game room was more of a joke than a reality. Over 50% of the machines were out of order and no one really seemed to care...this had to be costing the operator a few bucks? Would I go back, probably. Would going back be at the top of my list....probably not.

Visited December 2012
KY
3 attraction reviews
“My 6 year old loved it but I was disgusted”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I went into this experience with high hopes but was disappointed and wanted to turn around and walk out almost immediately. A lot of the equipment seemed run down. We paid for the throwback Thursday event (4-9 pm for $13 a person). Even though I was not enjoying myself, we did stay until closing because my 6 year old was having a blast.

For starters, there was no place to sit. Every table (except for those in the cordoned off bar area) were full of people's towels and clothes. The bathrooms were disgusting and there really are no changing areas. We ended up changing in the shower area but there weren't any benches to put your stuff on in there either. We paid $6 apiece for lockers to put our stuff in a secure location.

The water slides were pretty fun and the lines weren't too terribly long, especially towards the end of the night. There is a lack of inner tubes. You can't access the tube slides or the lazy river without one and you would find yourself standing there forever waiting for someone to get bored and give theirs up.

There is a small kids pirate ship area that was pretty packed. There is another area that looks like a play fort that my 6 year old loved running around in. The water basketball area looked rambunctious and my tween-age daughter quickly left that area. She found the lily pad obstacle course fun.

As far as water activities go, there really isn't a lot to do there as an adult. There is no pool. The lazy river is anything but. Groups of rowdy kids pushing into people and being obnoxious in general. There is a hot tub that is marked "adults only" but this was not the case. When we were first walking into the place, we overheard a staff member telling some parents that their child could not be in the hot tub. Seemed positive that they were enforcing the rule. However, we found out later that this was almost a fluke. For the ten minutes my husband and I attempted to sit in the hot tub, no less than 7 young kids, including one in a swim diaper, came into the hot tub. The swim diaper one was the last (disgusting) straw for me and we got out then. At no point did any staff monitor the situation and tell these several adults to get their children out of the adults only hot tub.

All in all the place was good for little kids, but I hope to never return.

Visited April 2013