“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

+1 513-771-2080
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #115 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Chicago, Illinois
64 attraction reviews
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

So this was not our best hotel or waterpark experience. Years ago we went to a Coco Key in Arlington Heights, IL and were disappointed when they closed it. Won't be disappointed if they close this one because we won't be staying there again. The hotel is very outdated and not well maintained. As other reviewers have mentioned "dirty" is the first word that came to mind upon checking in. Our room had a host of problems, there was something disgusting in the bottom of our tub, there were stains all over the floor and walls, the toilet paper holder was broken and our heating/ac unit was literally falling out of the wall leaving a huge gap where cold air was rushing in and to top it off whenever it ran (which was constantly due to the cold air) it sounded like a 747 taking off. This made sleeping very difficult.
Thankfully the water park was cleaner. This is a small waterpark and it was relatively busy the day we were there. I was thankful we only planned a short trip here because our boys (ages 7 and 9) were bored pretty fast and they love the water. The lifeguards seemed to be barely older than my children and about as mature. We got a snack in the snack shop and saying the employees were rude and inattentive would be generous.
Overall very disappointed and would never recommend this place to others. Skip it, pay for Great Wolf Lodge it's worth it.

Visited December 2012

“Don't Bother!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This place is WAYYYY outdated and dirty and smells musty!! The staff are rude and act like you are bothering them if you ask a question! At A&W the employee picked something off the ground and then got an attitude with me when I asked him to change his gloves before touching any food!!!
The arcade has about 20 games but only 5 of them work!! My child was very upset! The toddler pool was freezing cold.

Please, please don't waste your time or hard earned money!!! Never, never again will I go there!!!

“FILTHY, NASTY,DIRTY!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Please DO NOT go to this filthy place!!! It is so dirty, from the bathrooms, to the floors, the tables, chairs,showers, and water!!! It needs some extreme disinfecting and maintenance. I am not exagerating, this water park is so nasty that I was scared for my childrens health! The management was terribly rude, and really didn't care at all about our complaints. They told me the hot tub was closed due to vomit and feces in the water! They had JUST opened!!!We arrived at 10:00 am as soon as it opened and it was this nasty. I will be contacting the health department on Jan 21,2013!!! We chose to leave and they refused us a refund and told me I could have 2 free passes for the next time. I told them I would never be back fo I didn't want free passes!!!Please, save your money and go some place else!!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
28 attraction reviews
“One word describes this indoor water Outragious”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Folks this place is a zoo...There is no sanction nor control or organization at this indoor water park. We pre-purchased tickets on-line for MLK Weekend and went in with a group of family members and walk right on out. We went at about 3pm and there were no towels neither and no place to walk nor sit to rest your feet. They also had a hot tub that was also out of order. Kids Everywhere running around to seem like there was no supervision at all. We did see a lot of staff and lifeguards but - No control over the flow of people. This is not a safe place - Stay away or spend a few extra dollars and go to the Great Wolf Lodge in Mason. This was our 1st time here and defintely our last time.

Visited January 2013
“Terrible so far!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Family of 20 came to have fun. So far we been here 2 hours and the lazy river has been closed for no apparent reason from talking with the life guards. Unable to get towels and the place is dirty. Kids are packed in the adult hot tub jump in like it a baby pool. Don't waste your money here.