“Pretty Good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, American, Sushi, Asian
Columbus, Ohio
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I thought they had a great variety of options for sushi and other foods for those who don't eat sushi. My food was pretty good but I went with a large group of girls for a birthday party and some of them had problems with their food. We did not know that they used imitation crab meat in the dishes and this was a big issue for one girlfriend. It made her ill immediately. The chicken wings are very good and my specialty sushi roll was amazing. I would go back but my sick girlfriend, probably not so much. Although I prefer fresh, real crab meat, the imitation crab didn't bother me.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“amazing value when you make it before 7pm for happy hour.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

Mixx opened under delays and shaky kitchen reviews, but quickly became noticed for its nightlife/sushi. Jump forward to Taste of Cincinnati '09. The catfish and white chicken chili impressed me, making Mixx's booth a favorite. Before a show at Aronoff, I tested the menu under their own roof. Free evening parking was available two blocks south on Court Street. Greeted warmly and loved the new york chic atmospherics. Enjoyed strong discounted drinks and half price sushi without a hidden sushi surcharge. Sushi was not perfect, but still very yummy... and at an amazing value when you make it before 7pm for happy hour. For dinner, I veered away from southern inspired dishes for Grilled Tandoori Chicken with green beans. Full of flavour! Surprisingly reasonable prices... a welcome change and a welcome pay off for testing a new place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere