“Fills you up” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fills you up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Kyojin has lots of sushi, which is nice on a buffet. Otherwise, the food is just average. There are hot and cold items with desserts. My daughter loves the place, so I go with her. I would never choose to go on my own. If you like sushi and asian buffets, it is worth a try.

Visited March 2012

Grove City, Ohio
“Great food, service and value. We drive from Columbus just to eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

My wife and I have been to this buffet multiple times. We are from Columbus and look for reasons to go to Cincinnati just to eat here. The selection od sushi is amazing and the taste is great! They offer raw as well as cooked sushi and it is all great. The hot food on the buffet is great as well. We particularly love the coconut chicken and the general zos chicken. The tampura fried vegtables are also very good.
The service is friendly and we have never waited for things to be refiled. The price is cheap for this type of food. We have only been during the lunch time and never payed more than $10 a person.
Overall Great food, Great Price, Great service! I would highly recommend this buffet to anyone who enjoys this type of food. We will be back....anyone have a reason I need to go to Cincinnati!?!?!?!?!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.
“Good if you enjoy sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

The cost of the buffet is cheaper if you do not take the sushi; otherwise, the buffet reduces to a limited selection of pseudo-Chinese dishes plus salad and desserts.

Visited December 2011
Mason, Ohio
“Excelent Service with outstanding Menu Items.Terrific approach On the buffet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

The atmosphere in this restaurant is outstanding.This place has not let me down yet in their service.My friends and family think this lace as Phenomenal.The first time I went to Kyojin, I didn't have really high hopes because they took a new idea,Sushi Buffet,I really thought they wouldnt succeed because i have never thought that anyone could do that.Seeing how many people loves sushi,I went the first day that the restaurant opened to see how many people came to eat.When I got there, the parking lot was absolutely crowded!I was really surprised to see that many people came.When I walked inside the place was designed carefully and really catches the eye.The bar was magnificent and there was at least 3 flat screen t vs!I can really tell that they put a lot of effort and time into building and designing.First thing I really noticed and loves was that they had crab legs.My first bite into a crab leg was sensational.I wanted to savor the juicy meat and shell forever.Another thing I noticed was that the bar was always so full and never empty.And again the owner really outdone himself and Kyojin.I hope everyone gets a chance to go to Kyojin and love it as much as I do!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
cincinnati ohio
“Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

I always thought that a sushi buffet was a bad idea(especially in Cincinnati), and Kyojin confirmed this. The sushi had no flavor and the miso , as well as, the udon soup tasted like hot water. The sashimi was definitely not even close to being up for consideration. So, our fall back plan was to eat the steamed crab legs and tempura shrimp and vegetables. However, the crab legs were watery and tasteless...and were never replenished the entire time we were there---and the tempura was cold. In addition, one section of the restaurant smelled distinctly of wet dog!! In one final attempt to find something edible, my husband went to get some ice cream.But, after retrieving the ice cream scoop from the grey water in the rinse bucket, he decided to pass. Also, It's never a good idea to keep a wet and dirty cleaning rag so close to the food on the buffet bar. In the end, we were rushing to pay just to escape with our lives. Obviously, I would never recommend this "restaurant." But, if you are determined to give it a shot, you better hurry because I can't see how it will be around much longer. Yuck!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere