“Worst staff ever” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
New York City, New York
“Worst staff ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I booked this hotel thou Expedia because it was closer to Manson tennis fields.
We arrived around 23:00. At reception was a man who called himself as " the manager". His name is Dinesh. After he gave us a different room (2 beds) than what we've reserved (one king bed) saying that there are no more available (although the parking lot was almost empty). After i've arrived in the room, he called me that my card from Expedia was denied. I went back and called Expedia, who called him. In the middle of conversation with Expedia staff, he put the phone down and took a different call. I told him that the lady on the phone was trying to talk with him, he said he forgot. He was insisting that Expedia give him the correct card number and expiration date (I don't know what kind of agreement they have, and i don't even care, it's their problem). Then he took another customer, first he couldn' t find his reservation, then he also changed his room, from a single bed to 2! After 40 minutes he was finally satisfied with the fax that Expedia customer service send him. Worst client orientation I've ever seen in my life!!!
I really don't know why Expedia sells hotels like this one, this is a bad note for them also! Irreproachable customer service from Expedia though!
The breakfast was very poor, they might better take it out from their offer.
I would rather sleep on the street than come to this hotel again!!!

Room Tip: Run as fast as you can from this place!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Piqua, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

In Cincinnati for a two day event and thought I'd give Atrium Hotel a try. I've seen better hotels, but for the price you can't beat it. My room was clean and was a bit larger than expected. The shower pressure is amazingly strong, very relaxing. Continental Breakfast was a bit thin, but management stated that they're soon upgrading to a Full Breakfast. The best part about the hotel was it's location. Every restaurant you can think of is within walking distance. There's a large Mall across the street as well as a compliment of stores to fit your needs. I totally recommend giving them a try.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

There were no base boards in the bathroom, no toilet paper holder, they just sat the toilet paper on counter. Stains on the desk chair, some of the lamps did not work. Damage around the outlets. OMG the bath tub was too gross to describe, I swear it was the worst I've ever seen. Dome back TV. Although the sheets appeared to have been washed, there was a visible stain on them. We had planned to spend a couple of nights, but couldn't stay their, we went to the Double Tree Suites the next morning, thank goodness they had a room!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, this is a dump!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

From the minute you step into the lobby with no air conditioning, you get the smell of curry and sweat right off the bat. This little New Delhi dung hole was not worth the $91.00/night I paid for the stay. I am not sure, but the courtyard had a different smell each time I entered through the main doors to access my room. Tons of bleach and cleaners. It did not matter what they used, this hotel still wreaked of weird odors. In fact, taking a nice warm dump in the bathroom actually improved the smell in the whole room. If you are looking for value, I would suggest maybe finding a nice $60.00 room in the hood. Chances are you will find something better and a lot cleaner. Overall, this whole hotel needs to be condemned, levelled, and rebuilt.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you have options.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Charleston, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was traveling with my husband and the band that he plays in. We had originally booked at another hotel in the area, however we were referred to the Atrium because our original hotel lost power. Upon arriving, the hotel looked dated, but the lobby and front desk area were clean. There was a long line of people trying to check in, all in the same situation as we were. The staff were fairly helpful, however the manager tried to up the price from what we were originally quoted. Eventually, we were given the original agreed-upon price and went to out two rooms. We had to travel through a labyrinth of hallways, each with its own undesirable aroma. Our rooms were located beyond an aging ballroom with sagging curtains and dull chandeliers. There were exposed wires and construction materials in one area. Once we found our rooms, we found that the door and window to one were open to allow the carpet to dry from some earlier misfortune. A musty odor hung heavily in the air. The key cards to the other room were very uncooperative. One did not work at all, while the other took a bit of trickery to work. This room smelled slightly better than the other. The room was very dated and looked only as though it had received a very basic surface cleaning. The walls and fixtures were grimy and several of the outlets were not functional. The plumbing in the other room was nonfunctional and management did get us another room. We left to go to the concert around 6 pm. Several doors down from our rooms, we found a used condom laying in the hallway. Upon returning to the hotel at 1:30 am, the dirty condom WAS STILL THERE. Sleeping in the beds was very difficult, not really because of the lack of quality bedding or adequate pillows, but rather for the fear of what funky nastiness one might acquire from merely touching it. In the morning, I hesitantly took a shower, though I believe it was probably counterproductive. The condom was at least gone when we left.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Maple heights
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I live in cleveland so it took 3hrs to get here, we arrived around 6:30ish pm to check in at front desk the line was horrible they only had 2 ppl checking people in.. Someone in front of us was complaining because their room wasn't clean and they then asked the maintaince man/Maid to clean the room. Our key cards had the room numbers written on black magic marker which makes me think our card would b accessible to any other room. We had a damn leakage in our ceiling near the table the "maintaince" man but a I've bucket with a towel in It up under the leak then told us it was fixed smh. The way the hotel is set up it has a huge vacant ballroom that no one is even in the rooms surrond it. Floral bed sheets were very outdated!! Our bathroom sinks looked molded. However front desk staff I actually felt bad they even worked at the hotel, the continental had to be the worse. The employer thought no one saw and touched the donoughts nothing was hot! Only bagels with no cream cheese and toast no butter or jelly. The seats weren't stable and the cushions were coming off.. Needless to stay I've been in motels better AT THIS POINT! The only reason I stayed is because of the Beyoncé concert. Old school tv, basic cable, itchy sheets, paper thin walls, horrible outlets & just horrible DONT STAY HERE or you'll be sorry for sure

• Stayed June 2014
Fishers, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had a reservation and showed up for a late check in at 11pm, had called twice and left voice mail that my check in would be after 11pm, Once I arrived several guest were in the lobby without rooms The hotel had overbooked and it was Memorial Day weekend so you couldn't just go get a room somewhere else. Waited for nearly 40 minutes as staff tried to figure out all the issues they were dealing with. I did finally get a room but no apology, no discount. nothing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Atrium Hotel? Share your experiences!