“The best Chinese food EVER!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oriental Wok

Oriental Wok
2444 Madison Rd, Ste 104, Cincinnati, OH 45208-1278 (Hyde Park)
513-871-6888
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Oriental Wok is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,740 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Hyde Park
Atlanta, Georgia
“The best Chinese food EVER!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My mother and I drive past this restaurant daily and always say we are going to try it! My sister called us a month ago and said we have to try it! So we did! And we LOVED it. The moment we walked in we were greeted with nothing but smiles and waves. It was as if they knew us! The menu is short, to the point, and offers a variety! We ordered soda, which came in the cutest Chinese mugs, not regular glasses! We ordered the shrimp and cheese roll and crab rangoons to start with. They came out with our entrees about 10 minutes after we order, I kid you not. And I was skepitcal b/c the servie was FAST! But the chicken was freh, the vegetables were succulent and juicy. It was fantastic! We have ordered takeout from there 3 more times and each time was better than before! I DEFINITELY recommend the Oriental Wok!

• Visited November 2012

Cincinnati
“Upscale Chinese cuisine in a very nice restaurant, family owners always present.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Best meal ever! Always reliable and consistent. The only Chinese restaurant I've ever been at where you can tell a very skilled Chef is running the kitchen. Try the scallops! Same ones that they serve at the James Beard Kitchen! Ultra fresh and delicious... Perfectly prepared. Try the specials. This evening it was a variety of fresh mushrooms perfectly prepared. Two in our party had the mushrooms with scallops. Amazing meal!!! We've never had a meal here that wasn't outstanding. Beyond "good food"... Delicious food! One of my absolute favorite places anywhere.

Cincinnati,OH
“Fresh Fresh Fresh and Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I wish they were closer, only a 35 minute drive, but if they were a 10 minute drive I would eat there weekly. THe food is so fresh, great flavors, perfectely cooked. Best egg rolls ever, period,
Best orange beef, great sweet and sour, Fried rice is perfect. Do not second guess your choice, as I took two friends who are sooo pickey, and was waiting for the complaints to come. In fact no complaints and we went back the next week. Service, atmosphere, and food are great.
In fact heading that way tonight. Friends had some sort of cheese filled egg roll and they said it was out awesome. Preperations are so suprisingly cooked perfect. Do yourself a favor and eat here. It is in a condo type building but do not let that keep you away. You will thank me later.
Great noodles also and the Egg Fu Young is also supurb. Nice wines also, only Chinese I had that was better is Tommy Toys in San Francisco. This deserves the 5 star rating.

• Visited September 2012
Chicago
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We found Oriental Wok by pure chance (traveling through Cincinnati, browsing Yelp because we were hungry). We were so glad we stopped!

The Wong family is so, so, so nice. We just stopped to order takeout and ended up chatting with 3 generations of the Wongs. We had a great time. Also, the food was delicious and authentic. Since we've only been once I have only tried the beef ho fun noodles and lap cheung/gailan, chow mein fried noodles, and gao choi dumplings were all very good. The hot and sour soup, egg drop soup, and vegetable noodle soup were also great! We will definitely go again if we are ever in Cincinnati.

Visited September 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“The ONLY place for Chinese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I have been dining here since they openned, The food is the freshest in the city. This is the only Chinese food I wiil eat! The atmosphere is SPECTACULAR! The service is superior!