“I have to get this off my chest!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Inez
“I have to get this off my chest!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in August 2012 while attending a Bengals/Packers preseason game. On our way back to our room, after the game, my cousin and I decided to have a drink at the hotel bar. My cousin ordered a beer an I asked for an amaretto sour. I asked the bartender(This particular bartender looked like a greasy, poor man's Elvis impersonator) if I could get the drink but double the size "like in a Highball glass." The bartender gave me an irritated look and said "You know that's like a $12 dollar drink?" I told him I paid close to $200 to stay in this hotel so $12 really doesn't matter. He then asked me where I was from. I told him and then he said he was going to properly teach me how to order a drink. I first was stunned. I could not believe I was being talked to like this by a bartender. I tried to interrupt him when he started going on about how to order a "Double." He then he said "If you interrupt me, I'm not going to serve you." Needless to say, that was all it took for me, and my cousin, to get up from the bar and give him a piece of our minds. Later that night, I was at the front desk and he apologized for the rude behavior. I never reported it to the manager the next day and I regret that. Other than that, the hotel was great and breakfast the next morning was wonderful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SpringHillCincy, General Manager at Springhill Suites Cincinnati Midtown, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for getting this off your chest and reporting this to us. When guests care enough to give us their feedback it is extremely valuable, particularly in this case. We will certainly talk to this employee about his behavior right away. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay as well. We apologize for your inconvenience and appreciate for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have read a few negative reviews about this hotel. My stay was the exact opposite. the staff was friendly and helpful. the rooms are fresh, clean and very modern. The morning breakfast was one of the best around. I look forward to going back when I visit cincinatti again. You cannot go wrong here

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
SpringHillCincy, General Manager at Springhill Suites Cincinnati Midtown, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
We are so glad you tried us out! We do our best to please everyone so I am so glad we were the right fit for you. Hopefully you can come back to Cincinnati and see us again! Thank you so much for the great review!

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

After trying a Hilton property in Columbus, I reverted back to my favorite hotel for business travel, Springhill Suites. The rooms are always clean and most of all, I appreciate the layout in that there is a separate area with a couch and desk so the room doesn't feel so crowded. The hair products provided are Paul Mitchell. Normally there is a good hair dryer in the room. However, mine was missing and I had to call down to housekeeping to bring one up. You also have to pay $8 for parking at this location.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SpringHillCincy, General Manager at Springhill Suites Cincinnati Midtown, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
We are so glad you came back to us! Thanks for your comments and for your loyalty to our hotel. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the hair dryer and hope you got a new one promptly. We hope to see you again the next time you have business in Cincinnati!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

has to be one of the best designed rooms i have ever stayed in. contemporary decor...lots of room...great desk set up...satellite television...fast, free internet...great shower/sink area. you will be very comfortable in this room and hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SpringHillCincy, General Manager at Springhill Suites Cincinnati Midtown, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments! We are so proud of our hotel and glad that you were comfortable here. Thank you for staying and we hope to have you back again soon!

Seymour, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a visit to new casino, as a "comp." upon check-in was very impressed with the property and staff. Since this was booked through casino, wasn't expecting much - but it was fabulous! Room was spotless and spacious, not sure when property was opened, but it seemed brand new. Would highly recommend a stay here - convenient to downtown and good location. Breakfast wasn't perfect, but there were lots of families at that time, but with free breakfast, you can't expect the world. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, too

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SpringHillCincy, General Manager at Springhill Suites Cincinnati Midtown, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We love our Horseshoe Casino Guests! We appreciate your feedback, especially regarding breakfast. If there is anything in particular we can improve upon with breakfast we would be glad to hear your opinion. As a matter of fact, as of July 1 we have totally revamped our breakfast so the next time you come to stay we would be very interested to get your feedback on our new improved offerings. Hope to see you again soon!

Medina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Spent 2 nights at this hotel and only complaint I had was on morning of second night the cleaning person left the door propped open. Brought the issue to the attention of the front desk and they immediately called for the housekeeping manager to inform of the issue and they did appologize profusely (nothing in the room was missing or disturbed so all was ok). Rooms are extremely clean and fresh smelling, color palate is very relaxin, bathroom was clean and beds comfortable,bartender was friendly, breakfast was standard for a hotel. Room we had was complimentary of Horseshoe Casino and sometimes you do not get the best room but this was not the case. Will definately stay and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your review! We apologize for your experience with housekeeping but are so glad you brought it to our attention. We would be so happy to have you come back and stay with us again the next time you come to town. We hope you enjoyed your time at the Horseshoe Casino as well!

Lyles, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night because it was the halfway point to our destination. We chose it based on reviews and we were not disappointed! Very clean, and very modern!! Room was very good sized! Front desk worker was nice and pleasant. Good free breakfast and pool. Nice area also, and easy parking. Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer!

• Stayed June 2013
We wish you could have stayed longer as well! Hopefully you can come and stay with us again the next time you are in Cincinnati. Thank you for your kind words!

Mike Houle

Been to Springhill Suites Cincinnati Midtown? Share your experiences!