“Disgusting Stain on Sofa, Unpleasant Odor in Room, Scam Parking Fee - Give it a pass” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Springhill Suites Cincinnati Midtown

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We visit Cincinnati twice a year and our usual hotel was sold out this time so we ended up choosing this property. Our first impression was not a good one. As reward members, we were greeted tepidly, informed we would be charged 8.00 to park in the very empty parking lot and not made to feel like a valued customer.

Price seemed high at 229.00/night for the amenities one might expect at an over two hundred dollar room. Our room on arrival had an offensive odor and a disgusting stain on the sofa (see pic) that we noticed later. By now we were exhausted from the ball game, unpacked and settled in. Relocating was not an option.

While a different front desk clerk was on duty at checkout, the tepid responsiveness persisted. I cannot in good faith recommend this property to family or friends. I highly recommend the Residence Inn at the Phelps for impeccable service, attentiveness, cleanliness and comfort for comparable price.

• Stayed October 2012
SpringHillCincy, General Manager at Springhill Suites Cincinnati Midtown, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We are so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Your comments about the staff and condition of the room will be addressed immediately, we do appreciate you bringing it to our attention. It is certainly our goal to provide every guest with a positive experience and will strive to improve that for the future. If you change your mind and come to stay again we would love the opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel. Either way, enjoy your next trip to Cincinnati.

Mike Houle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel has very modern, attractive decor. I loved the soothing green throughout. The shower was great. Water pulses at you not just from the usual shower head, but also from two spouts on either side of the shower control. I enjoyed the hot oatmeal for breakfast, accompanied by craisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. Very comfortable room. I recommend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
SpringHillCincy, General Manager at Springhill Suites Cincinnati Midtown, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Annmarkus,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and especially the shower and breakfast. We hope to see you again in the future!

Mike Houle, General Manager
London Town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This is a modern Marriott hotel, very clean, nicely furnished rooms. Very impressed with the general manager guy who checked us in and made us feel welcome! Other staff were pleasant enough. The free wifi was a decent speed. Location isnt great because nothing worthwhile is walking distance. Breakfast was the usual Marriott buffet, it would be nice if they actually put a personal touch on it and mix it up more (take note Marriott HQ!!!). Overall an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed for one night for the labor day weekend. The rain was pouring and I wish the hotel has a side entrance that would allow us to enter from the parking lot directly for us to check-in the first time. They probably locked it for security reasons but they can just install a CCTV. So I was soaking wet running from the parking lot to the front door of the hotel.

The $8 parking isn't really necessary actually since there's lots of them laying around and it's not security gated.

The room is standard Springhill Suites since not my first time staying in Springhill franchise. I used the gym area and it is quite fine.

Overall an average experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sterling Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were in Cinci for a family wedding. There were several gatherings during the weekend for the family and this hotel was a good location for those events, especially the wedding site. It was difficult to find though as our GPS did not recognize the address, but we found it eventually. Also, when we made the reservation the website listed parking as free, however by the time we arrived they were charging a fee. Every hotel I researched downtown also charged a parking fee so I remember checking carefully, but this fee was much less and you really don't have a choice if you want to be downtown. The internet was free here, unlike the downtown hotels. Check-in was easy. The young man that was at the desk was not overly friendly but was efficient.
We noticed the lobby area was very modern in decoration, quite large with lots of space to sit, etc., and there is a bar during the evening. Our room was very nice and large. The bath is divided into 2 separate rooms; the toilet and a sink in one, the shower and a sink and vanity in another. It was very nice for the 2 of us trying to get dressed at the same time as we each had our own room with a sink and mirror. One problem though is the modern decor, they only have one hook in each bath, no towel bar! That was not easy to deal with.
We brought our bikes so we had to take those up to our room, it wasn't a problem. The next morning after breakfast we wanted to ride downtown and across the river, etc. The woman at the desk was very friendly and helpful. They did not have a bike trail map but she did give us a city map and we used the computer and printer to print out another one. Breakfast was OK, better than many free breakfasts but pretty much what you'd expect.
I would probably stay here again as the hotel itself is nice, but a bit pricey. But I do like the Marriott brand. We did not use the pool but I did check it out and it looked nice, but no hot tub that I saw.

Room Tip: The hotel is right off of I71 so you might need to request a room away from the freeway if you are a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I travel on business and have used this hotel a few times a month since it opened. It's always been a good option for me. Yesterday, I returned to the hotel to find my zipped up suitcase had been tampered with and found that my Ipad, which was buried at the bottom of one of the zipped up compartments (under other stuff- some had to dig) had been stolen. I reported it to the manager who was not particularly helpful including leaving me on my own in a city I'm don't live to figure out how to file the police report. They know exactly who was in my room, but that hasn't gotten my ipad back and they are treating me like it's my fault. First they said "we want you to be safe and you can leave anything locked in your room especially out of sight." Then when I asked about insurance and the police they said "it's really your fault for leaving your bag in the room." I have been traveling for almost 20 years and I've never been treated like this. To top it off, I had the bill for the two day stay under my door this morning. Feel free to stay here but don't leave anything in your room- ever. Certain that this cuts down on the convenience factor for most travelers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
SpringHillCincy, Director of Sales at Springhill Suites Cincinnati Midtown, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
We are so sorry you were unhappy with your recent stay with us. It is our goal to please every guest so we were dissappointed to hear of your experience. Please know that we have taken several steps to rectify this situation and we are staying on top of it to make sure this type of thing does not happen again.

Thank you for your several stays with us in the past- if there is anything we can do to help you again in the future please let us know because we would love to have you back. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and will use this to improve!
Columbia, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Easy to find. Staff was extremely helpful. Very clean. Modern decor. Little on the expensive side. Close to Ball Park. Had plenty of room for two adults and four children. Didn't try breakfast - but kids did not care for it. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family