“Things stolen out of my suitcase!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Toledo, Ohio
“Things stolen out of my suitcase!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I travel on business and have used this hotel a few times a month since it opened. It's always been a good option for me. Yesterday, I returned to the hotel to find my zipped up suitcase had been tampered with and found that my Ipad, which was buried at the bottom of one of the zipped up compartments (under other stuff- some had to dig) had been stolen. I reported it to the manager who was not particularly helpful including leaving me on my own in a city I'm don't live to figure out how to file the police report. They know exactly who was in my room, but that hasn't gotten my ipad back and they are treating me like it's my fault. First they said "we want you to be safe and you can leave anything locked in your room especially out of sight." Then when I asked about insurance and the police they said "it's really your fault for leaving your bag in the room." I have been traveling for almost 20 years and I've never been treated like this. To top it off, I had the bill for the two day stay under my door this morning. Feel free to stay here but don't leave anything in your room- ever. Certain that this cuts down on the convenience factor for most travelers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
SpringHillCincy, Director of Sales at Springhill Suites Cincinnati Midtown, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
We are so sorry you were unhappy with your recent stay with us. It is our goal to please every guest so we were dissappointed to hear of your experience. Please know that we have taken several steps to rectify this situation and we are staying on top of it to make sure this type of thing does not happen again.

Thank you for your several stays with us in the past- if there is anything we can do to help you again in the future please let us know because we would love to have you back. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and will use this to improve!

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Columbia, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Easy to find. Staff was extremely helpful. Very clean. Modern decor. Little on the expensive side. Close to Ball Park. Had plenty of room for two adults and four children. Didn't try breakfast - but kids did not care for it. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Our family of 4 stayed here during our summer road trip. Our suite room was great with a separate bath and toilet and two sinks. The hotel was newer and sported a clean, crisp design. The breakfast was decent, however, the place was busy and staff was challenged to replenish the food that was offered. The location proved to be wonderful for us. The hotel is fairly walkable to the Cincinnati Art Museum and Eden Park and just a short drive to the lively Mount Adams neighborhood, where we found a nice pub for dinner along with excellent views of downtown near the Mt. Adams steps. As luck would have it, the Reds were in town and shooting off fireworks after the game that night too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This was a nice suite hotel. Our family of five fit comfortably in the room. Good location, near park. Plenty of parking. Laundry facilities were a plus for us and the breakfast was also good. Seemed to be a newer hotel, very clean and in good shape. Friendly and helpful front desk staff.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bowie, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a three-night stay in June 2012. The infamous derecho storn hit Cincinnati while we were there. We returned to the hotel around 11:00 p.m. to find that it did not have any power. THE HOTEL DOES NOT HAVE A BACK-UP GENERATOR and they did not have a solid plan in place to accommodate us, nor did they reserve rooms for us at another Marriott property in the area. They had a few flashlights and battery operated lanterns. The hotel was dark, scary and hot, thus, we set out to find somewhere else to stay. We returned to the hotel at 1:30 a.m. as all hotels within a 40 mile radius were completely booked. We stayed at the hotel. The staff did not even know we were there. They did not keep a list of guests who stayed in the hotel that night in case of an emergency. The phones were not working. What if they needed to contact us in case of fire, etc.? The hotel compensated us for that one night, but only after we asked them to adjust the bill. This was a very disappointing stay for a Marriott property. I am a regular Marriott customer, but I will never stay here again and I do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms directly across from the elevators face the loud highway (I-71). Ask for a room that does not...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We arrived here after midnight - we managed to get the LAST room!! The hotel is very nice. The room is large. I LOVE the separated bath. One room has a sink and commode and the other has a very large shower with a large sink. It is awesome! Sliding doors to the bathrooms - this helps protect every bit of space in the room. The shower had extra spray nozzles. My husband loved them - I had to turn them off - they were too high and sprayed me in the face.

The decor was modern. It was tastefully done. It was clean and well kept. As at all Marriotts, we had an excellent nights sleep and the hotel was kind enough to give us late checkout the next morning. After getting in so late, we overslept. The staff was wonderful!

I can't comment on the breakfast - I know they had one, but we slept through it. The pool and hot tub looked very nice - again, we didn't have an opportunity to try it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hotel lobby had a excellent atmosphere. So did the rooms. The staff are very helpful with everything, the room was very well decorated and the free breakfast was very good. It is right by the city so it only takes five minutes to get downtown. The area is not bad at all. The hotel is right by the interstate and it is easy to get downtown or into Kentucky. The rooms are quiet at night and they have a great view.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Springhill Suites Cincinnati Midtown? Share your experiences!