“An awesome speacial occassion” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 1,700 restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cincinnati, Ohio
“An awesome speacial occassion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is definitely a one of a kind dining experience in Cincinnati.

The only thing I'm really not a fan of is it can be expensive, it does get a little long towards the end, and they will stick you with random people if you're a couple to fill tables. The last point could be great or not so depending on the other couple you're with.

But on its perks. You get a 4 course meal for anywhere from $60-$100 a person. The food is phenomenal though! It would be nice if they included one drink with it though. You are seated at a 4 person table. Like I said, if you have 4 people great if not you will be assigned a random couple. Fortunately, we were seated with another younger couple who we had great conversation with for the 3 hours you're on the train. People who live along the route come out and wave as you go by too which is kind of neat. Some of the scenery is very unique and a part of the city you can only see this way. Other parts are boring and full of other trains at a station and lots of trees and one part full of dirty run down houses and yards. But the most part is full of nice neighborhoods and landmarks that the staff point out to you.

There is a bar car located at the back of the train. If its nice out the staff will slide open the side loading doors and you can watch the world go by behind the safety railing. They are very knowledgeable and love telling stories about the history of landmarks and the railway itself. The drinks are reasonably priced and included beer, simple mixed drinks and a pretty extensive wine list.

It starts in Madisonville and goes over 71 where you can wave to traffic. It then heads south through Oakley, goes by Lunken Airport and stops at Sawyer Point to change the engine over and back the same tracks to where it began. The courses come out with perfect timing to take up the trip down without feeling like you're gorging yourself. And the food is so good! When you book your trip, you will get your choice of 3 dishes, so you know what you're getting into before hand.

Its a great unique date/special occasion date idea, for sure. I'm looking forward to doing it again sometime

• Visited May 2012

100% Recommend
“Excellent Food and a nostalgic Environment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

What a great way to spend an evening. The food was amazing. The Staff was very accommodating and professional. The only draw back was that it was dark and you could not see very much. The train itself was very well restored, it was beautiful. Highly recommend the Cincinnati Dinner Train.

Dayton, OH
“An incredible evening!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The tickets for this dinner train were purchased for my wife and I as a gift. Although I am a train buff I had never heard of this dinner train and was looking forward to the evening. Your main course and dessert choices are made in advance via their website.

We were told to park in the BBQ Review parking lot and were pleased to find plenty of close parking. The fact that you park in this lot is not a coincidence as the food is provided by the BBQ Review and most of the staff works there as well. You'll have your photo taken just before getting on the train. The photographer will come around after your meal to give you the opportunity to purchase a color print.

As we boarded the train we were pleased to find the 1940s era passenger cars had undergone a beautiful restoration. Seating is four to a table (two on each side). If you are there as a couple there is a fairly good chance you'll find another couple seated across from you. However, the train was not full during our visit and we had the table to ourselves.

The staff immediately came to our table, got our drink orders and confirmed our choice of entree and dessert. Your meal with begin with crackers and cheese and will be followed by a basic salad. My wife had salmon and I had the prime rib. We both agreed the food was excellent and the portion size was good. Throughout the meal the staff was friendly, fast and very helpful. As an example, when my wife took the last pat of butter more was brought to our table in less than a minute. It is also important to mention the tip is not included in the ticket price.

The train trip itself was pleasant. Travelers should be aware the train goes down the track for about an hour and a half and then returns the way it came. Some may be dismayed by the lack of scenery, but my wife and I found it somewhat enjoyable. It is important to remember this is a dinner train and not what one would call a scenic train ride.

This is a unique experience and I believe everybody should do it at least once. However, I believe young children will become bored with the experience unless part of something more elaborate such as a birthday party.

• Visited July 2012
“Unique Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have been one the Cincinnati Dinner train twice and have thouroghly enjoyed it both times. Dinner is good, the staff is friendly and what an experience to be able to ride a train. I am young enough for train travel to have been replaced by airplanes by the time I was born so the evening was a thrill!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Must see if you like trains and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I found this experience here on trip advior. I was amazed when they mention they dont advertise as the cars were packed. We bought our tickets same day and arrived a little after 5. You should know the meetup spot is in a BBQ parking lot and does have a road sign.
Once on the train we went to the bar car and had a drink and mingled with other passengers. Everyone (including the staff) were so friendly. The train takes off promptly at 6 and you will find "snacks"at your table;cheese and crackers. The owner comes around and introduces himself while also telling great stories along the way. Very funny and personable. Ask him how he got into the business. Truly an American "can do" attittude.
We had chicken and prime rib. We thought prime rib was a bit cold but the chicken was delicious. Not a fan of the veggies.
The view on the first half was not great but wait for it...it gets better.
Overall a great experience and I would recommend highly for anyone visiting or a great date night.

• 4 of 5 stars Food