“Excellent Food and a nostalgic Environment.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Excellent Food and a nostalgic Environment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

What a great way to spend an evening. The food was amazing. The Staff was very accommodating and professional. The only draw back was that it was dark and you could not see very much. The train itself was very well restored, it was beautiful. Highly recommend the Cincinnati Dinner Train.

Dayton, OH
“An incredible evening!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The tickets for this dinner train were purchased for my wife and I as a gift. Although I am a train buff I had never heard of this dinner train and was looking forward to the evening. Your main course and dessert choices are made in advance via their website.

We were told to park in the BBQ Review parking lot and were pleased to find plenty of close parking. The fact that you park in this lot is not a coincidence as the food is provided by the BBQ Review and most of the staff works there as well. You'll have your photo taken just before getting on the train. The photographer will come around after your meal to give you the opportunity to purchase a color print.

As we boarded the train we were pleased to find the 1940s era passenger cars had undergone a beautiful restoration. Seating is four to a table (two on each side). If you are there as a couple there is a fairly good chance you'll find another couple seated across from you. However, the train was not full during our visit and we had the table to ourselves.

The staff immediately came to our table, got our drink orders and confirmed our choice of entree and dessert. Your meal with begin with crackers and cheese and will be followed by a basic salad. My wife had salmon and I had the prime rib. We both agreed the food was excellent and the portion size was good. Throughout the meal the staff was friendly, fast and very helpful. As an example, when my wife took the last pat of butter more was brought to our table in less than a minute. It is also important to mention the tip is not included in the ticket price.

The train trip itself was pleasant. Travelers should be aware the train goes down the track for about an hour and a half and then returns the way it came. Some may be dismayed by the lack of scenery, but my wife and I found it somewhat enjoyable. It is important to remember this is a dinner train and not what one would call a scenic train ride.

This is a unique experience and I believe everybody should do it at least once. However, I believe young children will become bored with the experience unless part of something more elaborate such as a birthday party.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Unique Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have been one the Cincinnati Dinner train twice and have thouroghly enjoyed it both times. Dinner is good, the staff is friendly and what an experience to be able to ride a train. I am young enough for train travel to have been replaced by airplanes by the time I was born so the evening was a thrill!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Must see if you like trains and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I found this experience here on trip advior. I was amazed when they mention they dont advertise as the cars were packed. We bought our tickets same day and arrived a little after 5. You should know the meetup spot is in a BBQ parking lot and does have a road sign.
Once on the train we went to the bar car and had a drink and mingled with other passengers. Everyone (including the staff) were so friendly. The train takes off promptly at 6 and you will find "snacks"at your table;cheese and crackers. The owner comes around and introduces himself while also telling great stories along the way. Very funny and personable. Ask him how he got into the business. Truly an American "can do" attittude.
We had chicken and prime rib. We thought prime rib was a bit cold but the chicken was delicious. Not a fan of the veggies.
The view on the first half was not great but wait for it...it gets better.
Overall a great experience and I would recommend highly for anyone visiting or a great date night.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“More of a dinner date than a train ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

No opportunity to get out and view the train nor is it a very scenic route. Perfect venue for a different dinning experience, adult birthday, wedding anniversary, etc. but not a train ride. As it is this is not a good choice for families small kids will get bored stuck on a train listening to the adults talk for 3 hours. Might be better if they served dinner on the way to the park stopped let you get out and explore the park for a while and then served desert back to the loading point. Food quality, presentation and portion size were all good.

Here again souvenir photo should be geared more towards the train (or even somewhere in the park) and less about the over grown weeds beside the tracks.

Above all I would have to say the staff is what makes this a very good experience. They all give a 100% to make sure you are comfortable and enjoying your trip. Hopefully the management recognizes this and rewards them appropriately.

• Visited July 2012