“Beautiful” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 63 Attractions in Cincinnati
Type: Religious Sites, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: A gothic cathedral that has a design similar to Notre Dame in Paris.
Middletown, Ohio
20 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had the honor of meeting the Arch Bishop when my brother was ordained. As cathedrals go it is good. But nothing like Rome.

Indiana
29 attraction reviews
“Gorgeous gem of a church”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We made a quick stop to visit the cathedral during a weekend in Cincinnati, and were glad we did. It's a beautiful building, and one could easily enjoy it in about 15 minutes or so. Well worth a stop.

Visited November 2012
Covington, Kentucky
20 attraction reviews
“God's House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

One of the less than 35 minor Basilicas in the US. 80+ stained glass windows, each with a story and symbolisms galore. I had the honor of being a parishioner and was married here, so I've seen more than most. Take a tour. Visit with the guides. Celebrate a mass there. You WILL feel closer to God!

Visited October 2012
Eastern KY
6 attraction reviews
“Very beautiful sight to see”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I loved the detail and beauty of this church. The stained glass windows and artistry was amazing. My husband loved the huge pipe organ. We arrived when a mass was going on; no signs or times when you could go in; we waited til mass was over and asked a lady coming out if we could go in; she told us to go in and look around. While we were looking around they started turning off the lights (around 6 pm). I was surprised there was nothing posted telling when you could go in or anyone to give information; there was no sign that we could see with the church name on it, luckily had my GPS to find it.

Visited October 2012
Allgood, Alabama, United States
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Beautiful place! My 10 yr old niece was so intrigued with the stained glass windows and the mosaics. Peaceful sanctuary! Almost as if you traveled to Europe once you are inside. So glad we stopped in to see.

Visited September 2012