“Beautiful and Unique Museum” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Taft Museum of Art

Taft Museum of Art
316 Pike St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)
513-241-0343
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 129 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: Housed in a 175-year-old Federal building, this private art collection - one of the world's best - includes art from around the world, from 13th-century European sculpture to ancient Chinese porcelains to 17th-century European painting.
Detroit, Michigan, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Unique Museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visited the Taft with a group of 6 adults and 3 kids. We went on Sunday with the museum was free. Our kids were 8-10 and I still felt like I had to hover. There are security people everywhere. The kids had fun playing I Spy throughout the rooms using the provided children's brochures. Since it is house, it has a different feel than the other museums I have been to. I enjoyed walking through the rooms. They have a very nice gift shop with some unique items. We made several purchases. Worth the visit especially if you are downtown on a Sunday.

Visited April 2013

New South Wales, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Don't miss this ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I accidentally found this place while walking around the downtown area and I was really pleased I did. I think it will really appeal to lovers of history and art, alike. It is worth the entry fee just to see the murals in the old entry foyer of the original house. I liked the history associated with the building and the art collection is really good and well curated. I especially liked the collection of ceramics. Beautiful. Staff were friendly and proud of the collection and eager to point out special things to look at. The cafe looked great, but I didn't indulge (shame!).

Visited October 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Sunday FunDay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We attended the once/month FREE day (3rd Sunday of every month). Our 4 children (9, 8, 7 and 2) thoroughly enjoyed the hands on activities throughout the museum as they learned about the chinese new year. We all admired the extensive collections. The price was certainly right at FREE, but We would have gladly paid the admission price on any other day. The food smelled delicious as we walked through the cafe as well. We did not eat this time, but maybe next time! There will definitely be a next time. Friendly staff, great exhibits (current special exhibits are "African American art since 1950" and "Immortal vessels"), hands on learning and fun. What a great way to display this historical home!

Visited February 2013
Thoiry, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice museum and exhibits ... but no children allowed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Loved the Steichen exhibit. But unfortunately had a terrible museum experience with our 3 and 6 years old child. We couldn't make a step in the different rooms without being warned of the potential risk that our kids represented. Did they touch actually anything ? Did they actually dare to touch any of the beautiful paintings or piece of collectible furnitures ? Nop, not at all ... yes, they do speak louder and walk faster (not run) than the usual visitor, but are children doomed to be only accepted and respected in so called children's "museum" ? I wish not. Yes, even a 3 and a 6 year old child and their parents should be able to enjoy a decent art museum on a quite winter Saturday afternoon.

Visited January 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Always a great trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a beautiful museum. They have different traveling exhibits, so check the schedule. You must go here at least once. It's a great place to bring visitors as well.